Author Topic: MTV's Hottest MC in the Game 2011  (Read 1503 times)

DaSk8D00D

MTV's Hottest MC in the Game 2011
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
a thread for all the hip-hop heads to discuss MTV's annual Hottest MC's in the Game. if you not tryna contribute or you just on some hater shit gtfo. The criteria for the list are, 1. Impact 2. Sales 3. Lyrics 4. Style 5. Intangibles.

you can watch the lil roundtable videos here: http://www.mtv.com/specials/hottest/mc/

The list is as follows:

10. Wale (over J.Cole & T.I.)
9. Wiz Khalifa
8. Big Sean
7. Meek Mill
6. Jay-Z
5. Lil Wayne
4. Nicki Minaj
3. Kanye West
2. Drake
1. Rick Ross

as for my own thoughts i was surprised Meek Mill was even on this bitch. real talk him & Wale shoulda had each others spots. I also think Wiz was alot HOTTER than Big Sean & they should trade places as well. At first i didnt agree the Jay-Z thing but after thinking about it i guess im cool with it. Wayne fell off musically but he still stayed relevant so i aint mad at his spot either. Im pretty much cool with the top 4 but im kinda conflicted between Kanye & Drake. im big fans of both & Kanye dropped two of the hottest albums in recent years but Drake did his thing as well and Take Care was a 9/10 album as well. I'm more of a Kanye fan but i gotta admit Drake is definitely alot "hotter" right now. Props to Ross because even tho he's a fake ass nigga he still makes very good music & his beat game is almost unparallelled. he's definitely made it to the "elite" class of rappers nowadays. Im more of Jeezy fan and definitely think he shoulda made this list over Meek Mill but its whatever. TM103 & the documentary that came with it have been on repeat so Jizzle still gettin his recognition, from me anyways.

discuss.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:31:39 AM by DaSk8D00D »

thugnificent

Re: MTV's Hottest MC in the Game 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
no 2 chainz or kendrick lamar, what is this

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

they were talkin about 2 chainz in one of the videos. i think someone at the roundtable said he was better than big sean or somethin, i cant remember. Sway said hell prolly get on it next year if he keeps makin moves. kendrick's good but there aint no way in hell hes one of the top 10 hottest MC's in the game right now. over Wale? J.Cole? his buzz isnt big enough yet

wigs

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
where the fuck is A$AP Rocky? i know he's still, like, an "internet rapper" right now, but that dude got a 3 million dollar deal and everything he put out last year was insane.

Archie Bunker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
2011 was the year of the internet rappers.  and out of that top 10 meek mill had the hottest mixtape imo.  A$ap was definitely talked about more than any of those fools. Same with odd future.  Shit, now that i look back on it 2011 wasn't that great of a year for mainstream hip hop, other than watch the throne

Edit:  now that i think about it 2chainz was/is definitely the hottest rapper right now.  He's had a feature on every single raw mixtape that came out in 2011 and Trureligion was bangin.  2chainz for president!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:45:40 PM by Archie Bunker »
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »
i see where yall comin from but you gotta look at it this way, the bottom 3 (big sean, wale, & wiz) all dropped albums. Wiz had a HUGE pop following, Big Sean had a couple of big singles & Wale dropped one of the best albums of the year which spawned his first no. 1 hit lotus flower bomb. ASAP rocky & tyler the creator didnt have that mainstream buzz that the other guys did, although i will say that GOBLIN was a good album as well. i could see ASAP possibly getting in that top 10 next year tho.

i dont even like Medium Sean & Wiz like but Wale made me a fan with his latest album. i was thoroughly impressed with the entire thing. he got about 5-6 BANGERS on there that i know ima keep playin for a while, and if you listen to the whole thing from track to track its a entertaining, well-balanced album.

thugnificent

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they were talkin about 2 chainz in one of the videos. i think someone at the roundtable said he was better than big sean or somethin, i cant remember. Sway said hell prolly get on it next year if he keeps makin moves. kendrick's good but there aint no way in hell hes one of the top 10 hottest MC's in the game right now. over Wale? J.Cole? his buzz isnt big enough yet

section 80 is the best cd in at least 3 years. this list is wack though, its just people who work at mtv saying whats on their playlist at the moment. the way they justify how people are on the list is awful too. meek mill had 1 mixtape no album, and places higher than jeezy, wale, sean and j cole. they all had mixtapes, and commercially successfull albums and tons of other shit, that makes 0 sense. it also offensive that they even put niki minaj anywhere near the list she is the worst

jimi420

Re: MTV's Hottest MC in the Game 2011
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
I didn't read any of this. Rick Ross is fucking horrible, the fact that he made the top spot makes this whole list invalid. All he does is breath heavy and grunt.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »
I was really hoping Kendrick Lamar would be on that list but they put Nicki Minaj on there so fuck that list. Also I liked the part when Sway said "this is the only list that matters in hip-hop" hahahaha
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:48:40 PM by BraveUlysses »

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
J Cole is a dude that I can jam too and I do not mind in this day and age. I like his lyrics and how he sets up his songs. More than I can say on almost all the people on that list.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
This is HOTTEST not MOST TALENTED.

That's a pretty accurate representation of the most popular / most buzzed guys in hip=hop right now. Wiz would be higher though.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
This is HOTTEST not MOST TALENTED.

That's a pretty accurate representation of the most popular / most buzzed guys in hip=hop right now. Wiz would be higher though.

i always question this list almost every year but like you said its the HOTTEST not the most talented. when i look back on these things in retrospect i always find that they're mostly right. while i believe meek is (for the most part) more talented that wiz i do think they should trade places on there

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »
do you think he's coming back? I liked kush&oj and how fly.  Has this been posted yet?

Domo Genesis feat. Wiz Khalifa - Ground Up

He sounds like his old self. Rolling Papers was a fucking atrocity.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

Pearl

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »