Author Topic: Shoegaze  (Read 63336 times)

1017diamond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Shoegaze
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2013, 09:42:09 PM »
Apollo Heights - Everlasting Gobstopper apollo heights is pretty trill especially after hearing this in marquise henry's part in the mindfield extras

dkn

• Rep: -24
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
"you're a fucking waste offfffff spaceeeeee 8)"

http://youtu.be/9Cv80PqI58Q

new medicine LP is pretty ok too!

foureyedjim

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »
Had the amazing opportunity to fly to Manchester and see My Bloody Valentine there. Was so incredibly loud indoors, people who didn't know what to expect for when they play the holocaust section for 'you made me realise' were sooo bummed. A security guard said it was the worst noise he'd ever heard.

Luckily got to see them again in Barcelona at Primavera Sound recently, was in the 1st row right in front of Kevin shields. I can check that one off my bucket list. My favorite band of all time.

Saw a bit of MBV yesterday at FYF fest in LA.  Huge crowd so I didn't even bother trying to push forward.  Me and the crew left after technical difficulties (we were tired as shit).  But otherwise great live sound, outdoor at that.  It was great hearing songs from loveless

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Had the amazing opportunity to fly to Manchester and see My Bloody Valentine there. Was so incredibly loud indoors, people who didn't know what to expect for when they play the holocaust section for 'you made me realise' were sooo bummed. A security guard said it was the worst noise he'd ever heard.

Luckily got to see them again in Barcelona at Primavera Sound recently, was in the 1st row right in front of Kevin shields. I can check that one off my bucket list. My favorite band of all time.
[close]

Saw a bit of MBV yesterday at FYF fest in LA.  Huge crowd so I didn't even bother trying to push forward.  Me and the crew left after technical difficulties (we were tired as shit).  But otherwise great live sound, outdoor at that.  It was great hearing songs from loveless

Aw man, you should've stuck around. The rest of the set was rad. Such glorious noise on You Made Me Realise!

foureyedjim

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Aw man, you should've stuck around. The rest of the set was rad. Such glorious noise on You Made Me Realise!

If it was my call, I probably would have.  In any case, it's one of those bands I gotta sit in the front for at a single show, so I'll get to see a full set eventually ;D.  I was perfectly fine seeing someone like YYY from the back though.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If it was my call, I probably would have.  In any case, it's one of those bands I gotta sit in the front for at a single show, so I'll get to see a full set eventually ;D.  I was perfectly fine seeing someone like YYY from the back though.

I didn't stick around for them unfortunately. It was so fucking crowded on Saturday, I was just over it. I don't like festivals in the first place, and that day was just stupid crowded.

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »
I've been lurking on this forum for years and never clicked on the music tab til today. Such a huge Shoegaze fan and theres a ton of bands in this thread I've never heard and can't wait to check out. Glad to see people still talking about the Boo Radleys...Giant Steps and Everything's alright forever are classics for sure.

Though not 100% shoegaze, Diiv and Wild Nothing are the 2 bands I've been listening to the most over the last year and a half. My girl is in Brooklyn for the Captured Tracks festival this weekend and I'm hating that I'm not there.
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't stick around for them unfortunately. It was so fucking crowded on Saturday, I was just over it. I don't like festivals in the first place, and that day was just stupid crowded.

tell me you guys saw deerhunter. easily the best live performance and sound i have ever seen.  i managed to see mbv last friday at the bill graham as well.  they handed out earplugs at the door.  as said earlier you made me realize was so fucking heavy.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

tell me you guys saw deerhunter. easily the best live performance and sound i have ever seen.  i managed to see mbv last friday at the bill graham as well.  they handed out earplugs at the door.  as said earlier you made me realize was so fucking heavy.

I caught a few of their songs at FYF, but wasn't too worried as I knew I would get to see them in SF on Monday. They played Great American for like two hours and it was fucking awesome...and I'm from Atlanta and used to see them all the time, so that's saying something. Bradford fucking around with Frankie Broyles was hilarious.

I heard the Bill Graham MBV show wasn't great?

foureyedjim

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I caught a few of their songs at FYF, but wasn't too worried as I knew I would get to see them in SF on Monday. They played Great American for like two hours and it was fucking awesome...and I'm from Atlanta and used to see them all the time, so that's saying something. Bradford fucking around with Frankie Broyles was hilarious.

I heard the Bill Graham MBV show wasn't great?

I saw DH from the beer tent, great stuff.  Bradford was indeed pretty funny during the Breeders set  :D

Damn, so I guess they're gonna be giving out ear plugs at every gig MBV plays out?

I haven't been to a festival in years, and the guys I went with were pretty much on the same boat as me.  After Sunday we all agreed we hate festivals haha

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
GREAT ALBUM
DONT WANT TO SPOIL THE SURPRISES BUT
OPEN WIDE IS MY FAV (18:19)
THERES ALSO A DAY IN THE LIFE COVER

PIN UPS - Gash [A Mellow Project by Pin Ups] (1992) - Full Album

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
The Radio Dept. So damn good. Every album is amazing.

THE RADIO DEPT Ewan

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:10 PM »

BRIX SKWIKZ

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 11:47:24 AM »
the new Black Hearted Brother is pretty 'gazey at times
hardly art, hardly starving

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »

THE RADIO DEPT Ewan
I don't know if I'd necessarily call The Radio Dept. shoegaze, I still really like them though
The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
The Radio Dept. - Pulling Our Weight

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »
^ DREAMPOP MAYBE?
Me You Us Them - Drugs

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote

THE RADIO DEPT Ewan
[close]
I don't know if I'd necessarily call The Radio Dept. shoegaze, I still really like them though
The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
The Radio Dept. - Pulling Our Weight

Seeing them live, it's very reminiscent of MBV's live shoes. I do agree that not all of their music fits neatly into traditional shoegaze, but it's the feel and overall aesthetic.

They are one of my favorites.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »
After seeing MBV twice, once at a huge outdoor festival and once at a medium size indoor venue, I have to say that they're probably better outdoors. Seems ridiculous to say but the reverberation from all that sound bouncing off the walls tends to muddy things quite a bit.

Anyway, here's a shoegazey video for y'all. One of my favourite bands. Apparently all the sounds are made with nothing but guitars and effects.

lovesliescrushing - valerian(hervoicehoneyed)

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2013, 04:37:51 AM »
Great stuff weedpop, thanks for posting that.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
^ YEAH THAT SHOE GAZE FB PAGE HAS SOME REALLY NEAT STUFF
THIS ONE GOT ME HOOKED
All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors: Muffin 57 (subscribe)

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
generally not into about 86% of their output, but they occassionally have some gems

Ringo Deathstarr - Two Girls

prob the best one
Ringo Deathstarr : Girls We Know]

Ringo Deathstar - " Imagine Hearts "

Ringo Deathstarr - in love

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
Art and Brix - Thanks for posting those videos. I had never heard of either, but I'm really digging it.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
So much good stuff in here...

This has probably been posted a 100 times, but

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwEF51EETQM
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2013, 06:01:54 AM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »
Toes the line between shoegaze and atmospheric dream pop

DIIV - Past Lives

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »

Tufty