Author Topic: Bastien Salabanzi - 2012 footage which blows your mind!  (Read 8106 times)

srnoel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bastien Salabanzi - 2012 footage which blows your mind!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
Anyone else think he'd be a great addition to Street League?  He obviously has tricks on lock and can bring his ridiculous self cheering/personality.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
Bastien is tight, im not knocking him. But I dont get paid and probably never will get paid for skateboarding and can produce 1-3 parts a year and he cant? Cmon now doggie the hood waitin on a new part!
You answered your own question. The skateboarding he puts out is good.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
Anyone else think he'd be a great addition to Street League?  He obviously has tricks on lock and can bring his ridiculous self cheering/personality.

im backing this.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:26 PM »
hes like the bob dylan of skateboarding and these are the basement tapes.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:52 AM »
i think the most interesting thing about him is that out of every pro out there he's the one that most truely doesn't give a shit about the industry or fans while still being one of the most talented people to ever touch a board. he had and still has an opportunity to be not only one of the worlds top pros but also could hit legend status but truely doesn't give a shit. he could be banking like prod or nyjah but would rather skate sick parks in france. he knows that people critisize his overhyped, self cheering but doesn't give a shit. i've always been a fan and find his fuck you to all of us and the industry to be one of the most interesting things about him and his skating.

Mccauly

• Rep: 1
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 05:49:38 AM »
i think the most interesting thing about him is that out of every pro out there he's the one that most truely doesn't give a shit about the industry or fans while still being one of the most talented people to ever touch a board. he had and still has an opportunity to be not only one of the worlds top pros but also could hit legend status but truely doesn't give a shit. he could be banking like prod or nyjah but would rather skate sick parks in france. he knows that people critisize his overhyped, self cheering but doesn't give a shit. i've always been a fan and find his fuck you to all of us and the industry to be one of the most interesting things about him and his skating.

I think it wasn't really his choice and he couldn't bank like Nyjah oder Prod, even if he wanted to. He was on top of the skateworld and
made tons of money with his sponsors(Flip, Etnies, Quicksilver,...) and then, the day after this:
Hello21 Issue3 - Bastien Salabanzi (seen at the Mustic Cup)

he lost all his sponsors because of the influence, Flip had on the industry at that time, and it seemed they didn't like the behaviour of him at that contest, or they realised he was getting too good, whatever. I think the only ones who were still backing him were Thrasher after that happened. There was a gnarly interview in The Skateboard Mag a few years ago but I can't find it online. Probably somenone can post it.

I think it's really strange in the skatebiz how some people can get from superstar status to beeing blacklisted within a day and never get the chance to recover. I have to think of guys like Josh Kasper, Salabanzi, Danny Gonzales and a few others...

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
backing salabanzi 100 percent!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it wasn't really his choice and he couldn't bank like Nyjah oder Prod, even if he wanted to. He was on top of the skateworld and
made tons of money with his sponsors(Flip, Etnies, Quicksilver,...) and then, the day after this:

he lost all his sponsors because of the influence, Flip had on the industry at that time, and it seemed they didn't like the behaviour of him at that contest, or they realised he was getting too good, whatever. I think the only ones who were still backing him were Thrasher after that happened. There was a gnarly interview in The Skateboard Mag a few years ago but I can't find it online. Probably somenone can post it.

I think it's really strange in the skatebiz how some people can get from superstar status to beeing blacklisted within a day and never get the chance to recover. I have to think of guys like Josh Kasper, Salabanzi, Danny Gonzales and a few others...

skaters can be marketable outside of the industry. with his skill what i said is true. even after all this time and only releasing park footage look at the hype in this thread. that is worth more than what he gets from it. you might not see it but it's there.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »
You're reaching sleazy. Maybe its your love of money that he obviously shares that you can identify with. its lame no matter how good you are to only skate contests and never film, regardless of the reason.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That clip is remarkable.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
You're reaching sleazy. Maybe its your love of money that he obviously shares that you can identify with.

wait, what??? my point was that what i enjoy about him was that he, unlike me, isn't thinking about getting as much as he can out of his career. i can't imagine a stronger way of showing that you really just love skating than saying no to being a top pro and still killing it for fun. if there is anything that i have in common with him it's skating for fun, not ambition.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
That dude was getting buck!! Also, style points for skating wif da big headphones.

Mccauly

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

skaters can be marketable outside of the industry. with his skill what i said is true. even after all this time and only releasing park footage look at the hype in this thread. that is worth more than what he gets from it. you might not see it but it's there.

I agree with you, but my point was that I don't think he's the kind of guy who doesn't give a shit like Penny is, and what I said I don't think ist was his choice, it was the decision of some industry guys and he has to deal with it since. Don't get me wrong, I back him 100% and I'm still hoping for a great comeback. It was cool to see him at that maloof contest last year. He ripped but it's the same with creager not getting a shoe sponsor anymore, we seem to have a different sight on those things than the skate industry apparantly has...unfortunately!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
the creager thing boggles minds

Mccauly

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »
Probably Prod is gonna leave PlanB anytime soon, 'cause it's kind of strange that he changed the name of his twitter account ...

that would be the coolest thing ever: Bastien on Plan B and putting out a new part in the upcoming PlanB vid!!!

...sorry when I'm drunk,  I sometimes start dreaming a bit too much...   ;D

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:13 PM »
Probably Prod is gonna leave PlanB anytime soon, 'cause it's kind of strange that he changed the name of his twitter account ...

that would be the coolest thing ever: Bastien on Plan B and putting out a new part in the upcoming PlanB vid!!!

...sorry when I'm drunk,  I sometimes start dreaming a bit too much...   ;D

he probably changed it so its easier to search for em. i HIGHLY doubt he'd actually leave Plan B

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
the creager thing boggles minds

it certainly does.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »
You're reaching sleazy. Maybe its your love of money that he obviously shares that you can identify with. its lame no matter how good you are to only skate contests and never film, regardless of the reason.

not all skateboarding is done on film. sorry but that man bastien aint tryna entertain you lil niggas out here hes obviously just tryna skate, play his lil guitar, & get that contest money on tha side. im sure dudes happy with his life and doesnt care if you think thats "lame".

Mccauly

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
seems like we all just followed the rumors... just found that interview, which explains a lot of things...

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/10/06/squashing-rumors-with-bastien-salabanzi/

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
seems like we all just followed the rumors... just found that interview, which explains a lot of things...

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/10/06/squashing-rumors-with-bastien-salabanzi/

That was a good read. Thanks.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

DerpyHooves

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Damn, I'm lovin' this thread. This just reminds me of how much I loved Bastien. It's lame how Flip just dropped him, but he's still doing very well for himself even after he was blacklisted. And he really does need to Street League, I would love to watch that.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Like with jon allie, guys will say things in interviews to protect themselves that aren't true.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Mccauly

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
Dyrdek should definitely get Bastien on Street League if he wants it to be entertaining.

Most of the guys he has signed up have zero personality.

Not to mention that Bastien is one of the handful of skaters that could actually beat Nyjah.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
Dyrdek should definitely get Bastien on Street League if he wants it to be entertaining.

Not to mention that Bastien is one of the handful of skaters that could actually beat Nyjah.
fuck that shit, street league need to die
tricks are for kids , style is forever

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

stop hatin nigga street league is the shit. the only reason i'd actually watch TV other than for Bulls games

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

stop hatin nigga street league is the shit. the only reason i'd actually watch TV other than for Bulls games
if anal team tryout  would play on tv would you watch it?
tricks are for kids , style is forever

vulc

• Rep: -49
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 01:31:16 AM »
WoW

FrenchFuck

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:34 AM »
Best part about that sequence is the guy at the end holding his head and walking away. I know how you feel man