Author Topic: Looking for vintage skate shoes  (Read 9336 times)

agent0ran9e

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Looking for vintage skate shoes
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
I am looking for skate shoes 97-03. I wear a 10.5. I dont want anything vulcanized unless its a rowley. I am really into eS, dc, and axions. I am not really into lakais. The converse chany pro is at the top of my list right now. If anyone has a pair of these please let me know. Lets see what you got.. much appreciated. have a great day.

not looking for any koston 1's nor will i pay outrageous prices for them.  i understand they are out of production but they just arent worth that.

BraveUlysses

Re: Looking for vintage skate shoes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:06 PM »
Some accels in a few different colorways.
http://www.6pm.com/es-accel-navy-gum-suede

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
Be careful when buying vintage skate shoes.

Soles can harden and become virtually unskateable if the shoes weren't stored properly.

I recently purchased a pair of DC THE REASON in great condition, never skated, but the fucking gum sole is rock hard and I can't even used them.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »
im too old and broken to skate anymore, i just wear them...thanks for the replies fellas. i rock my own shit you know? everyone wears vulc shit it's not for me. i bought a pair of eS symbols today, probably overpaid on ebay. i just want to go ahead and throw this out there too. in my search i have run across some dudes doing faggoty shit with skate shoes. i dont do that, i dont want any weird stinky faggoty shit like that. evidently a lot of strange folks wear clothes in pools and point their feet around like a ballerina. im just an old guy who refuses to move on. waiting for these to hit my door step

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »
im too old and broken to skate anymore, i just wear them...thanks for the replies fellas. i rock my own shit you know? everyone wears vulc shit it's not for me. i bought a pair of eS symbols today, probably overpaid on ebay. i just want to go ahead and throw this out there too. in my search i have run across some dudes doing faggoty shit with skate shoes. i dont do that, i dont want any weird stinky faggoty shit like that. evidently a lot of strange folks wear clothes in pools and point their feet around like a ballerina. im just an old guy who refuses to move on. waiting for these to hit my door step

what the fuck are you talking about
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what the fuck are you talking about

He is talking about people with crushing/stomping fetishes and shit like that.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
yes, shit is disturbing. shouldve been more clear. i dont want anything to do with that junk. i say that because it seems a lot of people like that are into skate shoes...i stumbled on vids like that on searching for other peoples collections.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »
ebay that shit, last time i checked there were plenty of old es models on there like kostons, pennys, and some circas.

i'd like a pair of marc johnson emericas, they'd probably be selling for a ridiculous price, though. even the re-issue ones are hard to find.

Es penny's on ebay? are you serious. ive been looking for years. Ebay does have some good old school skate shoes, but not es tom pennys

agent0ran9e

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
yeah i saw some on there about a month ago...passed them up though i think they were 150 and in a size 10...the black ones. i just dont find those super exciting...i passed. I dont leave any stones unturned on ebay. check out skately.com's library for reference. look at who usually carries this era of shoes and keep checking their items...theres like 3 or 4. theres a guy who takes requests i called him...he seems kina gay and shit and most of the shit he has is like size 3 you know that runaround. anyway, you just have to try to keep up with the sellers. right now there isnt a lot although. i picked up what i really wanted and thats the best thing ive seen in like 4 months. theres a shitload of kostons on ebay always but they are always jacked up 500000 percent. i had like a billion pairs of those i think i could live without them.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
i want to take a pile of vulc shoes and set them on fire.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 12:33:37 AM »

Those shoes are beautiful

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:51 AM »
Black/white/royal Koston 1's are the only old shoes I'd ever think of buying, but I wouldn't pay $200 for even those.

*edit. I just went on Ebay and someone was selling a pair of the LAKAI EK-01's, used (looked like skated in) for $250. Fuck this game.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:42:41 AM by burm »
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 06:10:24 AM »

Soles can harden and become virtually unskateable if the shoes weren't stored properly.

I recently purchased a pair of DC THE REASON in great condition, never skated, but the fucking gum sole is rock hard and I can't even used them.

Hm, always wondered about that rubber hardening process because I really like old skate shoes and I'm always looking for them online.
I have couple semi old shoes form 2002/2003 and they are still completely fine, no yellowing or rock hard outsole, and I end up skating most of them.
When looking for old skate shoes on eBay try to look on other countries eBay sites. Always ask seller for shipping quote even if he doesn't ship in your country.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
thanks chocolaterain...Yeaah, the kostons are the only ones that people gouge. Especially the koston 3's. pair just sold for 350. I got a pair of new koston 2's last week for like a hundered bucks. realistically there are so many of them on ebay, that it decreases the amount somebody will pay for them. and people do lower prices, however if its a shoe like i showed you guys previously. I WILL PAY for it. these things just arent around, they are different, and awesome they were awesome back in their day too. im not just going to go buy a pair of chukka lows. i will never...and like i said i dont skate anymore. i have a lot of back problems...i just pop a lot of pills

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

I bought some eS shoes from 2001 a month ago on ebay. The shoes have never been worn and the soles are rock hard. I can barely walk in them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:15:43 PM by The Poster Formerly Known As Crass »

agent0ran9e

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
what are they

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »
thanks chocolaterain...Yeaah, the kostons are the only ones that people gouge. Especially the koston 3's. pair just sold for 350. I got a pair of new koston 2's last week for like a hundered bucks. realistically there are so many of them on ebay, that it decreases the amount somebody will pay for them. and people do lower prices, however if its a shoe like i showed you guys previously. I WILL PAY for it. these things just arent around, they are different, and awesome they were awesome back in their day too. im not just going to go buy a pair of chukka lows. i will never...and like i said i dont skate anymore. i have a lot of back problems...i just pop a lot of pills

Damn, I have a white/orange pair of K3's. They have hard soles and been skated though. But still good for wearing out occationally (once every 3 years).

I can understand why you would hate vulc shoes, but there are plenty of cupsoles around as well, and the trend is moving towards the tech shoes again so you should be happy in a year or two.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

agent0ran9e

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
i hope so man, when did you buy those cadiz? i saw those maybe a couple of years ago..if they are new they def will be stiff because they are new, back in like 98 or something i bought some hawk adios and they hurt so bad to walk it and to skate in too..just gotta break em in..i think you may have forgotten how these are. kostons were usually a little more flexible...and im sure thats why people liked them. i went to skatelab in like 98 and skatestreet ventura and i bought a pair of kostons from there and tore it up first day no problem. my all time fav to skate though was the es muska. cant beat those ever...i had the brown ones. vulc shoes are just irritating to me and fuck my feet up. they hurt to wear for a long time. nobody can deny that. if i want a pair of chuck taylors or a pair of eras ill buy them but i dont want an es chuck taylor or an emerica authentic...every shoe now either looks like a damn osiris bronx or a fucking chukka low or something has that stupid foxing thing with the stripe...time to move on. the only shoe that was vulc that was even half  way decent was the rowley. they were actually comfortable.

in theory skateboarding is the way it is right now because of the fucking vulc shoe. watch fulfill the dream or something and then watch a recent skate vid. its all about switch flips on curbs and pop shove its over some little baby stairs at a shitty skatepark with a little 3 inch tall rail. i watched maloof this past year and almost cried to see all these pussy ass dudes do all that little baby stuff. i'm thinking i should get back into skating. i skated for a local shop  back in the day and got into drugs and quit...but im thinking of going back to it broken back and all. with the older more athletic type shoes that supported the foot more, more was possible, now days people dont want to do that with these barefoot feeling shoes. hell, i dont even want to walk in them. but yeah, i own some new axions  and some dunks and some zoom fps..theres a few that ill wear, not many though

agent0ran9e

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
nobody can deny that, its a fact. notice it, accept it. skating is weak as fuck the last 5 or 6 years.

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:17 PM »
nobody can deny that, its a fact. notice it, accept it. skating is weak as fuck the last 5 or 6 years.

Brandon Westgate, new shoe, new part, January 15, 2011

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
in theory skateboarding is the way it is right now because of the fucking vulc shoe. watch fulfill the dream or something and then watch a recent skate vid. its all about switch flips on curbs and pop shove its over some little baby stairs at a shitty skatepark with a little 3 inch tall rail. i watched maloof this past year and almost cried to see all these pussy ass dudes do all that little baby stuff.

wha? i can't remember a time when skating was so gnarly :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »
agent0ran9e,

I bought the Cadiz about a 1 1/2 months ago. Yeah it looks like these shoes have been in the closet for a decade. The soles are clean, so they've never been worn. I couldn't believe I got these shoes for so cheap. I didn't have the cash at the time but I found some old Emericas and Adios in my size for reasonable prices. I really want to get my hands on a pair of Kostons but the prices are way too high and none my size.

I have to disagree with your stance on vulc shoes. I've skated quite a few pairs of vulc, yes they aren't as good as cupsoles but my feet are fine after skating. My only complaint is the durability, besides that fact they work for me.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:41 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?

agent0ran9e

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »
most of the stuff ive seen has been pretty weak, especially that stupid maloof cup

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
yes, shit is disturbing. shouldve been more clear. i dont want anything to do with that junk. i say that because it seems a lot of people like that are into skate shoes...i stumbled on vids like that on searching for other peoples collections.

I mean like...were you foreseeing this as an issue on here?

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
Dude you KNOW you're trolling... People have been skating crazier stuff now more than ever.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
just an opinion man, the things ive seen dont stack up...if you want to get sideways about it...go do  it somewhere else. that of course is your opinion as well. im not here to talk shit. thanks

agent0ran9e

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
Anyway, back on topic, doing a little more research here...one guy designed all es emerica etnies from 97-03, not surprising anyway heres a link, im sure there are more he's designed http://www.coroflot.com/franckb/portfolio

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 03:29:00 AM »
Anyway, back on topic, doing a little more research here...one guy designed all es emerica etnies from 97-03, not surprising anyway heres a link, im sure there are more he's designed http://www.coroflot.com/franckb/portfolio

That guy designed some of the best shoes in his Sole Tech days, Es Artos, Creagers, Emerica Marc Johnsons, Chris Senns ...