Author Topic: Looking for vintage skate shoes  (Read 9338 times)

bridgeman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Looking for vintage skate shoes
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
I have some old savier tim o connors I'd let go for pretty cheap. They're some kind of limited editions from fixins.com, I never wear them, size 10. Also lakai MJ-1's in all black leather. Worn them a couple of times, size 9.5.
-------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Cadillac Clifton Santiago
At the bodega, I need a fat sandwich major

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
in theory skateboarding is the way it is right now because of the fucking vulc shoe. watch fulfill the dream or something and then watch a recent skate vid. its all about switch flips on curbs and pop shove its over some little baby stairs at a shitty skatepark with a little 3 inch tall rail. i watched maloof this past year and almost cried to see all these pussy ass dudes do all that little baby stuff. i'm thinking i should get back into skating. i skated for a local shop  back in the day and got into drugs and quit...but im thinking of going back to it broken back and all. with the older more athletic type shoes that supported the foot more, more was possible, now days people dont want to do that with these barefoot feeling shoes. hell, i dont even want to walk in them. but yeah, i own some new axions  and some dunks and some zoom fps..theres a few that ill wear, not many though
[close]

I'm thinking you should continue to stomp on other dude's scrota with your non vulc Hawk Adios. Skateboarding doesn't need or want you back.
Skating isn't about what shoes you wear. You can look at it from the viewpoint like art, art moved on from its own different movements because it wanted to progress in different ways and do different things than its predecessors. The Renaissance and Realism movement we'll say (1980's perhaps) was dropped and moved away from by the Fauvists (the 1990's in this scenario) because they wanted to do different things and had different ideas about how things should work, now in the "Cubist" or more modern skateboarding, things have gotten more abstracted, which only means simplified because skateboarders now have begun to decide that this is what skateboarding means to them and that this is how they want to do it and make it look and feel while conveying the idea of skateboarding as a process. Eventually things will move away from what it is now into a different form of skateboarding. That's why skating is so awesome as an art form not just a sport, it is continuously moving and evolving into different things. 

agent0ran9e

• Rep: -8
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
once again, just an opinion. i know skating doesnt "need" me...let me ask you a question... do i really care? ill let you figure that out on your own. i suppose you are the great decision maker of skateboarding, whatever the hell that is. go do something else little kid. anyway i appreciate the offers, thats just a hare too small for me although if you have pics i would like to see them..anyway here is SOME of what i have, for those who can appreciate it (over 20) trollololololo

the symbols are cracking unfortunately...i have other shoes that are also cracking pretty bad. might as well wear them because i'm sure theyll be looking pretty sinister in a few years

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
...I never said whether or not skating needed you. I'm 24, never said I was the great decision maker or whatever else bullshit. But its cool, you can stay the past skater turned sneakerhead that pretends to be a hard ass.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »
wait a second who's the hard ass here? i have an opinion and you start personally attacking me? what are you really going to do? nothing...well, except for deleting your previous post. its cool man go do what you do...go skate almighty keyboard warrior.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
wait a second who's the hard ass here? i have an opinion and you start personally attacking me? what are you really going to do? nothing...well, except for deleting your previous post. its cool man go do what you do...go skate almighty keyboard warrior.
I'm pretty sure that little slight loses all validity when the person saying it admits to not skating anymore.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
I wish I had a pair of functional K2's.

I learned how to varialflip in those joints about ten years ago.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
man you like some ugly fucking shit
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
the ones ive got are functional (hard to believe) and yes, the k2's are the bomb. i love them. i really want the white/blue/yellow ones..i will buy more pairs if i can find them. only problem with white is that for some reason they crack bad and you can see glue marks on them and shit. i wish i could skate again.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »

in theory skateboarding is the way it is right now because of the fucking vulc shoe. watch fulfill the dream or something and then watch a recent skate vid. its all about switch flips on curbs and pop shove its over some little baby stairs at a shitty skatepark with a little 3 inch tall rail. i watched maloof this past year and almost cried to see all these pussy ass dudes do all that little baby stuff. i'm thinking i should get back into skating. i skated for a local shop  back in the day and got into drugs and quit...but im thinking of going back to it broken back and all. with the older more athletic type shoes that supported the foot more, more was possible, now days people dont want to do that with these barefoot feeling shoes. hell, i dont even want to walk in them. but yeah, i own some new axions  and some dunks and some zoom fps..theres a few that ill wear, not many though
Nah you can't be serious.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »
from what i've seen... maybe im watching the wrong thing..

i started skateboarding in 1996. i would love to see how many of you hard asses will be skating, 10-15 years from now.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
you don't even skate anymore so what the fuck are you talking about
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »

i started skateboarding in 1996. i would love to see how many of you hard asses will be skating, 10-15 years from now.

10-15 years, come back when you have 30+ years of skateboarding.
As they say winners never quit, but in your case it will be quitters never win.
Skateboarding have never been better than now.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
If anyone can point me in the direction of a pair of Rowley origionals (or Classics as they are sometimes called) I would be the most gratefull man on this messageboard.

I had over 15 pairs in all different coulours even the shitty re-issue ones that didnt have the gum sole.

I just need to feel em one last time...

trannies and mannies

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »
^Whoa that colorway is sick. That shoe was so awesome, I still see people rocking those but have no idea where they got them

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »
How about vintage skate shoe boxes?  When I was visiting my parents I came across an old Duffs KCK box with a few old VHS videos in it.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »
...I never said whether or not skating needed you. I'm 24, never said I was the great decision maker or whatever else bullshit. But its cool, you can stay the past skater turned sneakerhead that pretends to be a hard ass.

He was talking about me. Someone deleted my post where I pointed out what kind of bitch he was. However, he seems to have already made that argument so I apologize for the redundancy. For the record: started skating in 1985 and have never stopped.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »

i started to skate in 1997 and still skatin even when my fucking knees are literally dead, everyone in here skate even the older ones so don?t come in here being some kind of badass and disrespect faggot and by the way please don?t comeback to skate

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 03:24:21 AM »
If anyone can point me in the direction of a pair of Rowley origionals (or Classics as they are sometimes called) I would be the most gratefull man on this messageboard.

I had over 15 pairs in all different coulours even the shitty re-issue ones that didnt have the gum sole.

I have about 5 pairs in my room. all new and unskated. size 9.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 07:56:29 AM »
I love the stitching by the part where your foot goes in.  That shoe was so fucking good.  Wuust how the fuck do you have all those?
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

agent0ran9e

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »
DAMN, thats a crying shame? do you have the grey yellows? wish i wore a size 9...those are one of the best in my opinion
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:04:28 AM by agent0ran9e »

agent0ran9e

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
somebody from vans told me they are going to re re re release them in the near future.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if anyone knew where to get pairs of these, they wouldn't be posting it on here, they would be hoarding like a mofo!

wow! NICE coolection! i had the all white ones with the black accents and those green one had a clear sole right?

somebody from vans told me they are going to re re re release them in the near future.

why they ever stopped producing them i'll never know :o
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:48:17 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
How about vintage skate shoe boxes?  When I was visiting my parents I came across an old Duffs KCK box with a few old VHS videos in it.

My mom is actually a math professor and she has my old original eS Koston 1 box in her classroom where she stores some stuff. I was thinking it would be cool if someone recoqnized that box but I don't think many youngsters study skate shoe history like that...
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »
Bought some eS rockets (release in 1998). Original box and sticker.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • gfm
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Im size 12, 11 minimum  :'(

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
i remember everybody being so hyped on those rowley XLTs, i got them and was pissed at how fast they blew out.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
Got most of them on ebay, stumbled upon a guy from the uk who has them.
I think my local shop has some of the white ones in a size 12 though. with a slight glue stain on the side.
if anyone wants them, i ll try to post details.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • gfm
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
Got most of them on ebay, stumbled upon a guy from the uk who has them.
I think my local shop has some of the white ones in a size 12 though. with a slight glue stain on the side.
if anyone wants them, i ll try to post details.

PM me pleeeeeeeease! haha