Author Topic: Why does everyone dislike Chaz Ortiz?  (Read 18159 times)

Taylor Anthony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: Why does everyone dislike Chaz Ortiz?
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
Maybe because he hasn't really done anything to prove himself. He took advantage of one contest which kind of gave him an easy route. Then he only skated that and did the same tricks while being a douche to his fans sometimes. He earned what he has but probably not the way we would like to see somebody come up, that's in the streets.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »
Four tricks in a 5 and a half minute video.

Chaz Ortiz - Gatorade - Go All Day

... at least he recycled his Gatorade bottle.

Blame Gatorade, and Steve Berra, not him for not doing a bunch of tricks...He's just getting his paper.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »
I just picture him jacking off in the mirror while watching himself jacking off.  He loves himself that much.  At least that's what I get from him.  His skating is pretty blah all around.  I never understood any of the hype or love for this kid.

Dirty Sprite

• Rep: -5
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »
I watched a clip where he skated some Chicago spots, it was actually pretty good. I understand all of your presumptions on his personality though. He seems like most kids do these days that are cocky with no perception of how their attitude rubs people the wrong way. I know alot of younger kids have style just like him, generic. Yet you can't deny his skills. Just not much originality.

I thought this little edit was ehhhh. Not gonna hate on him, but I can see why people expect more. He just doesn't really push the envelope. Which would be fine if he was personable, but I guess there are stories about him acting arrogant or whatever.

THE ZOO YORK POST: Chaz Ortiz in Chicago
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:06:02 PM by Dirty Sprite »

foureyedjim

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I watched a clip where he skated some Chicago spots, it was actually pretty good. I understand all of your presumptions on his personality though. He seems like most kids do these days that are cocky with no perception of how their attitude rubs people the wrong way. I know alot of younger kids have style just like him, generic. Yet you can't deny his skills. Just not much originality.
[close]

I thought this little edit was ehhhh. Not gonna hate on him, but I can see why people expect more. He just doesn't really push the envelope. Which would be fine if he was personable, but I guess there are stories about him acting arrogant or whatever.

I'm just gonna say it: I don't like his face, and that's probably why I don't like his skating.  Yeah, I'm a judgmental prick, but that's just the way it goes I guess.  To some people, he may seem cool so they'll support him.  And to others, he'll seem like a douche, even if we've never met in real life.

but for real though, I don't hate the guy.  I just wouldn't care if there were news of a new Chaz Ortiz part.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
i don't hate or dislike him, he just doesn't register with me.

the gatorade product placement kills most of his footage.

victor333

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 12:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wow...he skates like me

Well, I should say, if I was better I'd skate like him: basic flip trick variations (but done pretty clean), not much switch/nollie, approach to spots...

I can't really explain it, but he's how I'm going to skate in about 5-6 years...if I can still skate

just thought I'd let y'all know

apad88

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
I just picture him jacking off in the mirror while watching himself jacking off.
Gay.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »
there was some gatorade chaz ortiz tour in canada two summers ago, i had no idea it was going on, but one ended up being at my local park and i got to fill my trunk up with flats of gatorade. that was fucking awesome. of all this recent energy drink sponsorship going down, gatorade seems like the only one where people might actually consume the beverage.

apad88

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 01:36:14 AM »
gatorade seems like the only one where people might actually consume the beverage.
this ^^

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:24 AM »
Expand Quote
gatorade seems like the only one where people might actually consume the beverage.
[close]
this ^^

True that. And with the way Red Bull is marketed in its home country, I'm quite surprised at how it became so big... Oh wait its thanks to that Austrian dude Dietrich Mateschiltz.

Anyways,

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I just picture him jacking off in the mirror while watching himself jacking off.
[close]
Gay.
Pretty much the shitty vibe his face gives me.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this ^^

chaz will bring a trunk full of gatorade and hook up everyone at the park from time to time

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
He cried when he came in second at a local contest years back.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

trannies and mannies

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
Id love to get paid thousands of dollars to drink free gatorade.

SLABGates

• Rep: -2
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
Met him when he was like 7 when he still skated for either the Warp or Krush. He was on the same team as John Dickson and wouldnt stop doing back smiths. Chaz got first and Dickson second (probably a fix) and they gave the boards that they won away. His style is just as robotic and stale now as it was when he was 7.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »

I wish I could get paid thousands of dollars drinking this instead.

That'd be rad if they started some kind of sponsorship..

They already got Boss drinking it on the daily.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:46:57 PM by escapistfool »

foureyedjim

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really don't like being an elitist (OR DO I???)....but make your own damn coffee!  I would rather get free coffee beans rather than starbucks coffee.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Gay.

It's gayer if you spread your ass in front of the mirror and jack off to your own butthole. FACT. It's science!

But only Goro can do that... (to my knowledge) so, is my scientific method shot to shit regarding four armed creatures simultaneously spreading and beating? What does he do with the other arm?

The possibilities are endless. Goro could be eating a fucking ice cream cone for all we know.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I really don't like being an elitist (OR DO I???)....but make your own damn coffee!  I would rather get free coffee beans rather than starbucks coffee.

starbucks is the mcdonalds of coffee
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

foureyedjim

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »
hah, yeah foreal.

I'll hit up mcdonald's if I'm in a rush though.  Likewise for starbucks, but I avoid it if I can.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

starbucks is the mcdonalds of coffee

I honestly like McDonalds' coffee better.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
don't we all jerk off in front of the mirror?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

SkateNerd2000

• Rep: -5
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »
This kid hasn't earned his street cred yet he needs to put out an amazing video part and then we will respect him, until then he is just some contest monkey

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »
Expand Quote
He didn't give himself that nickname, the dudes from Warp skatepark did, although he claims it a little too much.  I think his biggest issue is he's a typical midwest kid, a little slow to catch on to the trends that skaters on the coasts tend to be a little quicker to adopt.  That whole yo style with the diamond earrings and backwards hat are a direct influence from his favorite skater, P-Rod, who also runs the backwards hat and diamond earrings.  Supposedly Chaz is moving out to Cali once he turns 18, and I think all the things he does that people hate on him for, will go away and he'll come into his own style both on and off the board.....
[close]

Dude, wtf are you talking about? Josh Kalis, Neen, and Josh Harmony are from the Midwest, so are Randy Ploesser and Patrick Melcher. All of them seem pretty different. I don't know what you mean by typical midwest kid.
Anyways, I find it weird that he's on a board company that represents a city that has developed some of the coolest street styles in skateboarding when all he seems to have is skate indoor parks. Sure, he's good (although some of the stuff he did in his State of Mind part had been done by people who don't even have a shop sponsor) and probably super consistent, but his skateboarding is boring to me.

I won't really judge him as a person, because I've never met him. I've heard some things though.

Yeah and none of those dudes were anything until they moved out of the midwest.  Josh wasn't anything until he was associated with Philly, and Neen was barely flow for Nike before he moved out to Cali, and now he's dropped his hometown board sponsor and turned pro for Deathwish and Supra.  My point was and still is, kids in the midwest are sheltered, and if you don't think so then you tell me why the D3 is once again killing it out there.

Get litty.....

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 11:30:48 PM »
For the same reason everyone dislikes Mr. Cheese.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He didn't give himself that nickname, the dudes from Warp skatepark did, although he claims it a little too much.  I think his biggest issue is he's a typical midwest kid, a little slow to catch on to the trends that skaters on the coasts tend to be a little quicker to adopt.  That whole yo style with the diamond earrings and backwards hat are a direct influence from his favorite skater, P-Rod, who also runs the backwards hat and diamond earrings.  Supposedly Chaz is moving out to Cali once he turns 18, and I think all the things he does that people hate on him for, will go away and he'll come into his own style both on and off the board.....
[close]

Dude, wtf are you talking about? Josh Kalis, Neen, and Josh Harmony are from the Midwest, so are Randy Ploesser and Patrick Melcher. All of them seem pretty different. I don't know what you mean by typical midwest kid.
Anyways, I find it weird that he's on a board company that represents a city that has developed some of the coolest street styles in skateboarding when all he seems to have is skate indoor parks. Sure, he's good (although some of the stuff he did in his State of Mind part had been done by people who don't even have a shop sponsor) and probably super consistent, but his skateboarding is boring to me.

I won't really judge him as a person, because I've never met him. I've heard some things though.
[close]

Yeah and none of those dudes were anything until they moved out of the midwest.  Josh wasn't anything until he was associated with Philly, and Neen was barely flow for Nike before he moved out to Cali, and now he's dropped his hometown board sponsor and turned pro for Deathwish and Supra.  My point was and still is, kids in the midwest are sheltered, and if you don't think so then you tell me why the D3 is once again killing it out there.

D3 shoes? I've seen those Osiris moon boots but only on kids riding scooters and bikes... I guess I was a bit overzealous, but I still don't really know what you're talking about. So as soon as they move, they're no longer from the midwest?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He didn't give himself that nickname, the dudes from Warp skatepark did, although he claims it a little too much. ? I think his biggest issue is he's a typical midwest kid, a little slow to catch on to the trends that skaters on the coasts tend to be a little quicker to adopt. ? That whole yo style with the diamond earrings and backwards hat are a direct influence from his favorite skater, P-Rod, who also runs the backwards hat and diamond earrings. ? Supposedly Chaz is moving out to Cali once he turns 18, and I think all the things he does that people hate on him for, will go away and he'll come into his own style both on and off the board.....
[close]

[close]

Yeah and none of those dudes were anything until they moved out of the midwest. ? Josh wasn't anything until he was associated with Philly, and Neen was barely flow for Nike before he moved out to Cali, and now he's dropped his hometown board sponsor and turned pro for Deathwish and Supra. ? My point was and still is, kids in the midwest are sheltered, and if you don't think so then you tell me why the D3 is once again killing it out there.

do you really think in this day and age that midwest skateboarders are sheltered? with the entire industry resting in the hands of the internet and the midwest having some of the strongest shops in the country do you think it really matters. and then whats the difference of midwest from east coast? its clear that you have to move to california to make a career out of skateboarding and that skateboarders in california are more "privileged" but as far as trends go, where all on the same level. and im assuming the d3 comment was sarcastic. sorry for the rant. i started typing and couldnt stop

victor333

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He didn't give himself that nickname, the dudes from Warp skatepark did, although he claims it a little too much. ? I think his biggest issue is he's a typical midwest kid, a little slow to catch on to the trends that skaters on the coasts tend to be a little quicker to adopt. ? That whole yo style with the diamond earrings and backwards hat are a direct influence from his favorite skater, P-Rod, who also runs the backwards hat and diamond earrings. ? Supposedly Chaz is moving out to Cali once he turns 18, and I think all the things he does that people hate on him for, will go away and he'll come into his own style both on and off the board.....
[close]

[close]

Yeah and none of those dudes were anything until they moved out of the midwest. ? Josh wasn't anything until he was associated with Philly, and Neen was barely flow for Nike before he moved out to Cali, and now he's dropped his hometown board sponsor and turned pro for Deathwish and Supra. ? My point was and still is, kids in the midwest are sheltered, and if you don't think so then you tell me why the D3 is once again killing it out there.

[close]

do you really think in this day and age that midwest skateboarders are sheltered? with the entire industry resting in the hands of the internet and the midwest having some of the strongest shops in the country do you think it really matters. and then whats the difference of midwest from east coast? its clear that you have to move to california to make a career out of skateboarding and that skateboarders in california are more "privileged" but as far as trends go, where all on the same level. and im assuming the d3 comment was sarcastic. sorry for the rant. i started typing and couldnt stop

This.

Come on, dude. Every kid, from the west coast to the east coast and everything in between, watches the same Berrics videos.

We're all on the same page