Author Topic: Why does everyone dislike Chaz Ortiz?  (Read 18157 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: Why does everyone dislike Chaz Ortiz?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »
Yeah, look at how much Malto is struggling.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

escapistfool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
Yeah, look at how much Malto is struggling.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
i grew up skating with chaz at warp and he was lame even before he was famous. super cocky, always snaking people, wasn't grateful for anything, was rude to a lot of kids, the list goes on and on. now that he's a big name in skating its even worse. if you could all see how he skated you would see why he is such a contest skater. his dad literally had him training and doing runs at warp with a stop watch. thats why his video parts aren't up to par and are full of ABDs. obviously he doesn't suck at skating, but he could do a little better for video parts. a lot of people here in chicago are completely over that kid, including people he grew up with at warp. unfortunately a lot of the younger kids from here don't know the real chaz and think he's god or something.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
The real question should be what is there to like about Chaz?

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
The real question should be what is there to like about Chaz Finster ?

He potty trained his boy and likes Halloween.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:08:56 PM by Wall of Nausea »

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
Let's see how my new sig feels about this...

foureyedjim

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
The real question should be what is there to like about Chaz?

Mr. Fink

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Id love to get paid thousands of dollars to drink free gatorade.
[close]

I wish I could get paid thousands of dollars drinking this instead.

That'd be rad if they started some kind of sponsorship..

They already got Boss drinking it on the daily.

[close]

I really don't like being an elitist (OR DO I???)....but make your own damn coffee!  I would rather get free coffee beans rather than starbucks coffee.

A Maxwell House sponsor would be nice.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I watched a clip where he skated some Chicago spots, it was actually pretty good. I understand all of your presumptions on his personality though. He seems like most kids do these days that are cocky with no perception of how their attitude rubs people the wrong way. I know alot of younger kids have style just like him, generic. Yet you can't deny his skills. Just not much originality.
[close]

I thought this little edit was ehhhh. Not gonna hate on him, but I can see why people expect more. He just doesn't really push the envelope. Which would be fine if he was personable, but I guess there are stories about him acting arrogant or whatever.

THE ZOO YORK POST: Chaz Ortiz in Chicago
At first I saw him go into uprise and thought "maybe this kid is cool." Then upon closer inspection I realized what happened. He went in to get his board, and as tolerant as those guys were they were like "Here's your board, now go set that shit up outside! I don't want to look at your stupid face in that damn new era cap! And don't just leave the fucking tools on the bench and skate off once you set it up like last time!" And then he did. What a fucking asshole.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I watched a clip where he skated some Chicago spots, it was actually pretty good. I understand all of your presumptions on his personality though. He seems like most kids do these days that are cocky with no perception of how their attitude rubs people the wrong way. I know alot of younger kids have style just like him, generic. Yet you can't deny his skills. Just not much originality.
[close]

I thought this little edit was ehhhh. Not gonna hate on him, but I can see why people expect more. He just doesn't really push the envelope. Which would be fine if he was personable, but I guess there are stories about him acting arrogant or whatever.

THE ZOO YORK POST: Chaz Ortiz in Chicago
[close]
At first I saw him go into uprise and thought "maybe this kid is cool." Then upon closer inspection I realized what happened. He went in to get his board, and as tolerant as those guys were they were like "Here's your board, now go set that shit up outside! I don't want to look at your stupid face in that damn new era cap! And don't just leave the fucking tools on the bench and skate off once you set it up like last time!" And then he did. What a fucking asshole.

haha. i feel gay for saying this, but it bothered me how the filmer tried to use uprise to make him look more core and like hes from the city of chicago. hes just about as far as it from a homie who would hang out at a local shop and i wouldnt be surprised if that was his first time at uprise. all the spots he went to in that video  (excluding one or two) are the kind of spots everyone thats never skated the city go to

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
Zoo ad that has him skating this handrail in Rockford and it says chaz in chicago? Naw son, naw.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
^he had another skating a dock window ledge labeled Chicago, naw it's Rockford. He must have missed that geography lesson while he was off street leaguing.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Goro would use his other hand to cup his balls probably.  Maybe work his back with some fancy massaging device.  I think it's reasons like that man wasn't supposed to have 4 arms.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »

did somebody say Chaz?