Author Topic: kcdc last party  (Read 3785 times)

skateordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
kcdc last party
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »
some kid was trying a noseblunt yank-in into the mini. the dude mc'ing called it a nosepick. come on, now. the lack of genuine voices within the skate world is depressing.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: kcdc last party
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »

superslopp

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »
hey, can someone send me that new sheckler part?

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
hey, can someone send me that new sheckler part?

I only have the one with no sound.

skateordie

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if you have to ask, then you just don't get it. tis a pity.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I understand what you're getting at, but people make mistakes, kcdc is still a sick shop regardless.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

thread worthy: no.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

skateordie

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
I understand what you're getting at, but people make mistakes, kcdc is still a sick shop regardless.

this wasn't a mistake, it was clear as day that it was a noseblunt. this dude just had no clue.
and i wasnt implying anything about kcdc, but the fact that you inferred does make your feelings toward the shop suspect.

Expand Quote

[close]

thread worthy: no.

then stop visiting it, herb.

Soty2020

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
yeah no one cares, the only reason i peeped this thread was because you made it sound like they were closing

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this wasn't a mistake, it was clear as day that it was a noseblunt. this dude just had no clue.
and i wasnt implying anything about kcdc, but the fact that you inferred does make your feelings toward the shop suspect.

If anyone here is inferring anything its you by calling out their choice to commentate what sounds like a ramp jam yes? correct on that one?
yeah no one cares, the only reason i peeped this thread was because you made it sound like they were closing
This is also why I came here originally.

skateordie

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If anyone here is inferring anything its you by calling out their choice to commentate what sounds like a ramp jam yes? correct on that one?

the speaker implies; the listener infers.

now, i was commenting on the current state of the skate world as a whole, and more specifically the voices chosen to rep said world. the only reason i mentioned kcdc is bc this occurrence took place there. you, the listener, inferred incorrectly. 

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
first of all, good story.

second, kcdc ain't going anywhere. everyone at kcdc works for vans now.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
some kid was trying a noseblunt yank-in into the mini. the dude mc'ing called it a nosepick. come on, now. the lack of genuine voices within the skate world is depressing.

I can tell by your super core SN you are a genuine voice for the skate world.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
that was kcdc's last party at that spot theyre just going to a different location and that mc was black dave and he crushes it im sure he just couldnt see that well it was kind of crazy in there

skateordie

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »
that was kcdc's last party at that spot theyre just going to a different location and that mc was black dave and he crushes it im sure he just couldnt see that well it was kind of crazy in there

dude had the best seat in the house- no excuse. im sure he "crushes it" on the board, but not on the mic. mc duties should be left to someone who has a clue.

now it all makes sense- this dude is your boy. that's why you all are so passive about this. if some kook announcer at the x games miscalled a trick, you'd have a fit (and rightly so). but at a "core" shop's event, w/ an mc that "crushes" it, its all good? not w/ me- i went there w/ hopes of being around some genuine heads, and was let down.

jason jessee put it best...

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 07:21:10 AM »
this is not a big deal at all

PTDK

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

now it all makes sense- this dude is your boy. that's why you all are so passive about this. if some kook announcer at the x games miscalled a trick, you'd have a fit (and rightly so). but at a "core" shop's event, w/ an mc that "crushes" it, its all good? not w/ me- i went there w/ hopes of being around some genuine heads, and was let down.

Actually I wouldn't care at all if the announcer miscalled a trick at the Xgames...it doesn't change what the person did. Who fuckin cares?Apparently no one but you.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

skateordie

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Actually I wouldn't care at all if the announcer miscalled a trick at the Xgames...it doesn't change what the person did. Who fuckin cares?Apparently no one but you.

this attitude is exactly what im talking about. skating is full of part-timers and posers- they're the majority in the scene these days. who cares if the mc doesn't have a clue? as long as mountain dew and red bull are sponsoring the event, im psyched. wack.

PTDK

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

this attitude is exactly what im talking about. skating is full of part-timers and posers- they're the majority in the scene these days. who cares if the mc doesn't have a clue? as long as mountain dew and red bull are sponsoring the event, im psyched. wack.

I think its more who fucking cares that some mc says the wrong trick, it's the person doing the trick that matters. What the MC says doesn't change what trick the person does. All I'm sayin is in the end its all just a wooden toy that we play around on. It is fun. Nothing else should really matter besides the physical act and getting psyched on other people doing the physical act of skating no matter how "legit" they are.

Just curious.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »
FUCK ALL OF YALL

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »
great thread... even though its not a nosepick, its kind of an ambiguous trick to title. Noseblunt pull-in sounds awkward anyway. i've heard people call it a "cano-pick" not sure where that came from though.

i honestly thought the skating world was in great shape, TILL I READ THIS SHIT

skateordie

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
FUCK ALL OF YALL

oh, the wack mc is your boy, too? sweet.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
If we're picking dream genuine voices for skateboarding then I pick Morgan Freeman.  He has the voice of an angel.
What about George Takei?

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Sigourney Weaver?

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
this guy

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If we're picking dream genuine voices for skateboarding then I pick Morgan Freeman.  He has the voice of an angel.
[close]
What about George Takei?
[close]

Oh, excellent call!  I bet he'd be cheaper too!  Plus, we're homies on Facebook!
Lets get him to narrate a classic part

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »
Anyone know where KCDC is moving?

skateordie, why so sandy?
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What about George Takei?
[close]

Oh, excellent call!  I bet he'd be cheaper too!  Plus, we're homies on Facebook!
[close]
Lets get him to narrate a classic part
[close]

I wonder how tough it is.  He was just in Little Rock,  I seriously love his Facebook.  It's just feel good shit all day long and him posting stuff that has a little gay innuendo to it and then typing, "Oh Myyy!"  There's some petition right now for him to host SNL.  Kind of regular that he never has.
His facebook is pretty awesome, he's in my feed too. And that SNL would be great, but back on topic, I guess just write him a script or something for a part. But what part?

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 01:50:57 AM »

this. when 9/10 the people you see skating are wearing energy drink hats, distressed jeans, and have new setups plastered with ccs stickers, you know shit is bad.

also, fuck sneakerhead and streetwear types trying to piggyback on the vestiges of skateboard culture. your "used to skate" was 15 years ago, and you never got past rocket ollies.