Author Topic: Dixon or Mariano?  (Read 8955 times)

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
Re: Dixon or Mariano?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 12:51:18 AM »
he still has it...
Antwuan Dixon Clip of the Day

It doesn't matter if you have it or not. If you have it and you are getting wasted 80% of your waking hours and skateboarding 20% you are doomed to fail as a professional skateboarder.

PRIORITIES. If you want to be a pile who rips the fuck out of a skateboard and doesn't care about putting in the effort to film and shoot photos then you do not deserve to get a pay check. Go get in the back of the line of 50,000 kids who fucking rip and don't get shit and think about how hard you blew it.

Stunts

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 01:03:28 AM »
Do we even want him to come back? Mariano had the best style out, the dopest tricks out... now... well - ya's have seen his new shit

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »
Do we even want him to come back? Mariano had the best style out, the dopest tricks out... now... well - ya's have seen his new shit

Yes, yes, yes! You robbed the words out off my mind. Mariano had beautiful style and tricks in Mouse, after his comeback he decided to drop both for some reason so his skating looks awkward style/trickwise. Plus i could not watch his Epicly Laterd because he is unable to build a sentence without "like" anymore. Such a shame.

We can forget about Dixon. Look at Greco, filmed insane stuff for Baker 2G. In a month or so. While peaking his smack addiction. Just shows that if you have an ounce of determination in your system, there are no limits for what you can do. Antwuan has had tons of time, opportunity and support, yet nada...

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »
Mariano didn't get his stupidity tattooed on his face, neck and hands.

Probably helped in the turning his life around department.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

AW34

• Rep: 1
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »
you gotta remember why Guys comeback was so anticipated, he was universally loved by pretty much everyone, his parts in Video Days and Mouse were unreal and he helped change the way the whole world skated.  No disrespect to antwuan, but two years in the spotlight leaves me thinking its more of a "what could have been?" feeling than hoping for a comeback.  Dudes do their thing, make bad choices and live with it.  Guy was lucky to have people like Calloway and Rick and Mike to give him a chance to get back in the game and he definitely didn't let anyone down.  the pressure must be pretty nuts if you're thinking you have to live up to your hype before you left.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 06:56:07 AM »
I can't believe someone made a goatse cake. Why in the fuck???  Hahaha

nigga_please

• Rep: -29
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
The person that started this topic is:

a) Mentally regular for even comparing Mariano to Dixon in the 1st place.

b) Just a kid that was introduced to skateboarding no more than 2 years ago, and still need to learn a bunch about skate history before opening his mouth.

X c) all above.

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
lol.

mariano's part 15 years ago SHITS on any dixon part, past present or future.

comeback?  more like a go back...  to jail...

say it aint so twuan. say it aint so.  :-X

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, yes, yes! You robbed the words out off my mind. Mariano had beautiful style and tricks in Mouse, after his comeback he decided to drop both for some reason so his skating looks awkward style/trickwise. Plus i could not watch his Epicly Laterd because he is unable to build a sentence without "like" anymore. Such a shame.

We can forget about Dixon. Look at Greco, filmed insane stuff for Baker 2G. In a month or so. While peaking his smack addiction. Just shows that if you have an ounce of determination in your system, there are no limits for what you can do. Antwuan has had tons of time, opportunity and support, yet nada...

That Baker 2G part was fucking ridiculous. If Greco was piling out on heroin and did all that gnarly shit at Wilshire, then Antwuan could certainly quit drinking and smoking weed long enough to get some sort of footage.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bunch of goobers.

Hesh Unicorn

• Rep: -6
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »
antwuans good, but i'd be surprised if he put out a part as good as guy's fully flared part. plus antwuan is pretty self destructive, even though its sad im guessing this will not be his last time in the joint

Soty2020

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »
dixon or wenning?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »
dixon or wenning?
Wenning is probably more insane than Antwuan.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »

I like the using the word "cunt" needed to be censored. 

"We'll put the butthole on it, but asking for the word "cunt" is a little excessive!"

I want some cake now..

BuddyPal

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
he's currently filming his whole part in the conjugal visit room at the prison

Soty2020

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
dixon or wenning?
[close]
Wenning is probably more insane than Antwuan.

who is more likely to make a comeback?  Antwuans problem was obviously drinking/drugs, what was wennings?  he was able to handle the 7 day weekend program for years before falling off and was always delusional/insane, why did it stop working for him? 

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Got hooked on mayo.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »

I like the using the word "cunt" needed to be censored. 

"We'll put the butthole on it, but asking for the word "cunt" is a little excessive!"
or the fact that it's an erotic cake in general. & not just any but, one with a pussy on it that looks like a face with no eyeballs vomiting.

i'm becoming more of a cake person after these threads.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you kidding with the guy hate? seriously? Dude always has and always will be the best. His style is rad, and you can see aspects of how he skated back in video days in his skating today. Same dude, still pushing boundaries, still sick, just needed a decade off.

And Grecs filmed baker2g and then straight up fell off until he got sober, remember Ellington's part in Baker2g? He was too fucked up at the time to film it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
d. castillo > j. grecs

fuccahammer.word.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Are you kidding with the guy hate? seriously? Dude always has and always will be the best. His style is rad, and you can see aspects of how he skated back in video days in his skating today. Same dude, still pushing boundaries, still sick, just needed a decade off.

And Grecs filmed baker2g and then straight up fell off until he got sober, remember Ellington's part in Baker2g? He was too fucked up at the time to film it.
is that really why it was nonexistent?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:32:11 PM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
I feel like he said something along those lines in a short thrasher interview a while back right when he started cleaning up a bit

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mariano skated with the style of a grown ass man as a child. Mariano's style as an adult, to me, is nothing special. Skill-wise, he's one of the best to ever do it and anyone who disagrees should donate their brain to science so we can study late onset mental retardation.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

victor333

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 02:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mariano skated with the style of a grown ass man as a child. Mariano's style as an adult, to me, is nothing special. Skill-wise, he's one of the best to ever do it and anyone who disagrees should donate their brain to science so we can study late onset mental retardation.

hahahhha

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 04:32:51 AM »
d. castillo > j. grecs

fuccahammer.word.

GET THE FUCK OUT

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
i think guy was just getting back into skating all the time for fully flared which is why the tricks are awesome but the style is off

guy's tricks in this years kotr were stylish and sick as fuck

Vid

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 10:26:33 AM »
REALLY DUDE??? THE SHIT IS ON A DIFRRENT LEVEL ALL TOGETHER. gUY MADE A STANCE FOR HIMSELF IN SKATEBOARDING THAT WAS ALWAYS PUSHING THE ENVELOPE...EVEN WHEN HE WAS ON THE PATH SHIT STILL MADE SENSE (THAT TOUR VIDEO WITH REYNOLDS...IS A GOOD EXAMPLE). DUDE'S ALWAYS MADE SKATEBOARDING LOOK FIRST NATURE.

tWUAN ON THE OTHER HAND HAS A AMAZING ABILITY TO MAKE BIG SHIT LOOK EASY AS HELL. I DONT THINK tWUAN CAN TOP THAT bAKER 3 PART. IT WAS ALL TIMING...!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE THAT IS THE SIMILARITY IN THE TWO

BUT gUY FOR SURE IS THE BIGGER MAN...NO DISRESPECT TO tWUAN AT ALL... DUDE JUST IS JUST IN FOR THE LONG HALL NO DOUBT
!!!!!!!!tIMING!!!!!!!!!

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
They both had substance problems but there is one HUGE difference between their respective addictions:

Guy disappeared from the skate world. No coverage whatsoever and I'm pretty sure the Crailtap guys didn't even know where the fuck he was most of the time. He had a myth-like aura surrounding him during those junkie days.

Antwuan on the other hand has made a name for himself with his public antics. It doesn't help that he is acting like a fool in this tech generation where everyone has a digital camcorder on their phone that can capture any moment.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I disagree with the first part of your statement, but can live with it as long as you acknowledge his undeniable natural talent.
I just think of Guy's style as Guy's style, and have always loved it. It's kind of imperfect, but so natural and smooth.