Author Topic: Strongest Deck Ever?  (Read 3303 times)

Facehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
Strongest Deck Ever?
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:38 AM »
I don't know much about new skate deck technology, but this looks nice. They are going to market it as 'the strongest deck ever' so ... presumably they aren't full of shit (for legal reasons).

The vid is convincing:

Article:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jan/28/its-billed-worlds-strongest-skateboard-and-its-bei/

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
Re: Strongest Deck Ever?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
to me it looks like you can skate a wood board that maintains it shape or a wood/rubber hybrid which never breaks but will lose its shape

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
big fat hairy deck is the strongest one ;D

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
to me it looks like you can skate a wood board that maintains it shape or a wood/rubber hybrid which never breaks but will lose its shape

I was thinking the same thing

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »
"deck made of wood strengthened with layers of carbon fiber." its pretty much a ghetto p2. as stated earlier that shit might not break but if you did something that would snap a normal board you'd probably much just bend the muthafucka to an unskateable state. stick to the P2's if you want a stronger board. i aint gon knock em tho, ill make my full judgement after they've been out for a few months

i also had a good laugh at seeing"i hope they make a longboard version" in the comments section below the article

foureyedjim

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »

Pretty much the same test done on Newsoul boards.
If you ask me, I think it's an alright idea, as long as there's nothing too significant compromised for strength.

On another note, I thought it was funny that the "Colonial" video said nothing about the technology behind the boards, but basically implied that just because it was made in America, shit is just unbreakable.  The sad truth is, once the tech becomes more standard (assuming it does) it'll become accessible for cheaper in China or Mexico.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:58:35 AM by foureyedjim »

SteamyRayVaughan

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
at first i thought this was a post about the resurgence of aircraft

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »
Anyone try those hundred dollar Almost decks? I want to try one.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
I remember those Real "Bombers" boards being the strongest I ever had.

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
Well this is an element;

I don't really think this brand is anything special.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
Anyone try those hundred dollar Almost decks? I want to try one.

My sister bought me one for Christmas once and it wasn't my shape so instead of acting like I loved it when I'd be pissed skating it at all times, I gave it to a close friend who rode thinner boards. This Almost Carbon Fiber Deck was about $110 bucks and it was a 7.5 deck, mind you, I was riding 8.125's at the time. My friend weight about 130-40 pounds, where I weight about 180 pounds. It snapped on him 2 weeks later from skating some flatground.

The end.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
I had a black label that never snapped and always had the same pop. It lasted about 4 months of skating every other day before I decided to retire it. This was during our everyday review sessions so I know it didn't last from a lack of skating.

Currently, I only skate Blueprints. They have great pop, medium concave and I've only broken 1 of the 6 or 7 I've had. I even convinced a friend to get one and it lasted him for about 3 months. If there aren't any Blueprints I'd get either a Coda, Hopps or any other smaller brand board company that we have at my local shop.

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
They're made in the USA so that's pretty cool.

dethcomic

• Rep: 5
  • dead ass
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT THE..........FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcztw7MqdI1rbv6tio1_400.gif[IMG]

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
LET THE BODIES HIT THE..........FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

I will never buy anything from Colonial because they used that song.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
i agree one my friends accidentally ran over one this baker board i had and it was perfectly fine. if you really want a legit stronger board, get the P2's. it would seriously take alot of effort to snap one of those when they're brand new

Colonial Brand

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
Thanks for posting and checking out our video. To answer a few questions we do not use rubber in our boards. It is just the same as any other skateboard except we have not spared any expense cutting corners with cheap wood or bamboo and we re-enforce the deck with high quality fabric. You'll find this feels just the same as riding any other deck but stronger. We went through great lenghts to make sure our decks are sturdy, with a nice shape, and stronger than any other deck we tested. Please keep in mind the decks in the video, even though we left their name off the decks, are the same decks most of you have in your trunk right now. Think about where your board was made and put 2 and 2 together. We didn't use wal-mart boards as our competition. One last comment, the other test videos and pics you see here are not quite the same as our test. Please notice the width of all the decks being tested, what is running them over, and with what tire. We used the front (where the engine is) of a 2000 Audi A8, it weighs about 5000lbs. We apppreciate all the support and can't wait till you guys actually ride one and see for yourself.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
Wanna send me one?  ;D

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »
I personally enjoy breaking boards.

If a trick is stressing me out, I don't like to let the feeling linger, and I usually jump as high as I can without hesitation and fuck shit up.

I'm transitioning back to blanks anyways, so I can afford doing this again.

That being said, KAYO wood is pretty solid. I'm riding my 2nd in a row and I would buy their boards again.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:36 AM »
I personally enjoy breaking boards.

If a trick is stressing me out, I don't like to let the feeling linger, and I usually jump as high as I can without hesitation and fuck shit up.

I'm transitioning back to blanks anyways, so I can afford doing this again.

That being said, KAYO wood is pretty solid. I'm riding my 2nd in a row and I would buy their boards again.

hell yeah kayo wood is superb

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
i just dont need a board that somehow doesnt razor tail.
my friend danny had one of those revolution decks and it didntn razor tail for months

victor333

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
my friend danny had one of those revolution decks and it didntn razor tail for months

When people say stuff like this, it makes me wonder if they really know how to skate.

If you skate, your deck is gonna razor tail.

If you skate more consistently, your deck isn't gonna razor tail as fast.

If you you stop like a 6th grade (a la tail drag) you're gonna razor tail faster.

People always say: I want a deck that doesn't chip; I want a deck that doesn't razor tail. Well, they all do. There's a reason many pros change their boards every week. It's made of wood and the shit breaks down.

And just cause you had one board that chipped or razor tailed marginally faster, that doesn't necessarily mean it was any fault of the deck; you could very well just be skating differently. Shit happens.

Wh0l3

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When people say stuff like this, it makes me wonder if they really know how to skate.

If you skate, your deck is gonna razor tail.

If you skate more consistently, your deck isn't gonna razor tail as fast.

If you you stop like a 6th grade (a la tail drag) you're gonna razor tail faster.

People always say: I want a deck that doesn't chip; I want a deck that doesn't razor tail. Well, they all do. There's a reason many pros change their boards every week. It's made of wood and the shit breaks down.

And just cause you had one board that chipped or razor tailed marginally faster, that doesn't necessarily mean it was any fault of the deck; you could very well just be skating differently. Shit happens.

A quality deck won't fall apart as quickly though, but like you said, it depends on how you treat the board.

I can very safely say that my Fickle is the strongest deck I've ever ridden. I've never had a board that I've had to change because the tail wore down, my boards always snap before that can happen.

here's some guys struggling to focus a fickle that was a "second" (one of their boards made with worse wood and/or fucked up being made)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:33:35 AM by Wh0l3 »