Author Topic: A couple of filming questions...  (Read 789 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
A couple of filming questions...
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
Me and one of my friends always get into little arguements about how stuff should be filmed and it really urks me sometimes. Can you guys give your opinions on this?

Which side something should be filmed on, like if a guy's doing a 180, do you flim on the side that he lands on or the side that he starts from? I say it's the one that he lands on but my friend always says it's the side he starts from.

I think fisheye is way overused but he insists on it for everything, even big sets and rails, which in my opinion, looks like shit fisheyed.

And he never wants to film long lens or whatever it's called because you need a tripod or else it's too "shakey". I don't think you actually need a tripod unless you're filming for Stay Gold or some shit and it's kind of overkill in my eyes too. Plus I hate fisheyed stuff really.

These are just off the top of my head, I think there might be more. It'd be nice if you guys could give your honest opinions on this shit.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
Re: A couple of filming questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »
help me out guys?

sufodiv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: A couple of filming questions...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
I think the 180 question depends on the skaters style but I usually prefer them landing non butt shot especially backside 180s. For dslr cameras, it seems impossible filming a non shaky clip without using a tripod. Which is why those cameras suck so I'd rather film fisheye. If your filming with a camera that has a viewfinder I think it's just based what the spot looks like to determine wether you want to film fisheye or long lens unless your filming a line.