Author Topic: Skateboarding and Youtube  (Read 5726 times)

bandini

Re: Skateboarding and Youtube
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Can we finally accept that all the shit we heard about the internet killing skateboarding was wrong? As it turns out, there are still plenty of full-length vids coming out, plus there's a ton of daily footage to get hyped on, from your favorite pro to unknowns with bro-cam vids, etc.

I love trolling around & watching videos from random kids in Ohio or whatever. It's fucking awesome if you ask me. My only stipulation is I won't watch park footage - I don't care who it's from.

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »
Your post made sense untill the end. No skatepark footage? Danny dicola, raven tershy, john cardiel, tony trujillo etc. have done some of the best lines and tricks ever, and happened to be at skate parks. Come on
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
ill only watch footage if the ground is rough and it looks really cold outside. nigga please

bandini

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »
Your post made sense untill the end. No skatepark footage? Danny dicola, raven tershy, john cardiel, tony trujillo etc. have done some of the best lines and tricks ever, and happened to be at skate parks. Come on

It's just my preference - skate park footy bores me. It bored me when they had it in the old World videos too. There's exceptions of course, & I will say I'm more likely to be into park footage if it's Cardiel, TNT, Grant, etc. I mean, some of the stuff they do can really only be done in a park.

But ledge/street/rail-type skating.... snooze. I don't care how killer it is... get out of the park & take it to the fucking streets.

foureyedjim

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »
Old thread, but this is sort of where I draw the line and say "fuck you, why are you releasing this crap"

not to mention the description is one giant ass advertisement.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »
Hey someone give the OP a badge & a promotion, cos he's cracked the fucking case!

ihateslapmag

• Rep: -15
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »

victor333

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
When will people realize that the 'internetization' of modern culture is inevitable?

There is no need to define it as good or bad (especially if you are a washed up hypocrite like Kalis)

+I approve of GRIM's post!
[close]

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
I fucking hate that nka dude, dslr always looks so turrible. That being said i love being able to watch new gnarly skate clips daily so youtube is pretty cool,  But i do miss the days where id only be able to look through magazines and watch the same videos over and over until a new one came out. Internet clips dont hit you as hard as buying the new video that just came out and going home an popping it in the dvd player.

BuddyPal

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
people need to see my land my first hardflip in my garage, shit like that can't be hidden from the public forever

foureyedjim

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »
people need to see my land my first hardflip in my garage, shit like that can't be hidden from the public forever

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »

hardflip :)  gratz! i can also land hardflip sometimes. are you sponsored?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.