Author Topic: Dickies pants  (Read 19781 times)

Participation

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
Dickies pants
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:02:33 AM »
okay I want the cool dickies pants that everyone has, now can someone please tell me what style the good ones are?

Joe Pesci

Re: Dickies pants
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
874 original or slim straight flat front are the only sick ones, fuck all the high water ones

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
I was seriously just about to make a thread similar to this. I'm sick of wearing tight pants and am looking for something straight leg or whatever that is more comfortable.

apad88

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »
Slim Straight all day nigga.

Participation

• Rep: -27
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:50:00 AM »
is kirchart wearing dickies in basically his entire sight unseen sextion?

trannies and mannies

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
dickies are tight, but its hard to find good fitting ones nowadays. i cant find the slim straights anywhere but online and the new 874s are baggy as fuck.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »
is kirchart wearing dickies in basically his entire sight unseen sextion?

I thought he was riding for XYZ clothing at that time. could've been those pants?

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
Slim Straight all day nigga.
These are the only ones that work for me and they are still kinda baggy. The normal cut ones look like clown pants. I bought mine on base. I havn't found them anywhere else.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
the ones that i got free for my work uniform skate perfectly. they're at a nice size between baggy & regular fit, they feel like stiff pajama pants. they're like the perfect pants for me to skate in.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 02:08:43 AM »
All I own are dickies, except for one pair of black Levi's cords that I don't wear too often.
The new 874s do fit a little baggier as mentioned earlier, but I've noticed that after you wash and dry them a couple times they shrink and fit just like the old 874s, not too baggy at all. The new 874s are less durable though, thats for sure. Ive fallen and tore a hole in a new pair of 874s right off the bat, on more than one occasion too.

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »
i get the slim straights in the rinsed colors so they arent stiff as fuck and they dont have the crease

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »
Dickies Slim Straights feels good skating in, i've only skated slim straights for the last year and after a while they feel amazing. Although i've never had to break in pants.. anyways, they're good. It's sick that Dickies Skate is coming together
#HASHTAG

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
Is slim straight kinda like altamont wilshires, you know like not super skinny but not baggy either?

and is there a huge difference between slim and slim straight? slim straight should be slightly bagger right?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:47:28 PM by Made In China »

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
Yes I think so, I have not used the wilshires but they look kinda like the same. Maybe the wilshires aren't as straight though. And I don't know how stiff they are.
#HASHTAG

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
no, slim straights are baggier than the wilshires. idk about slim vs. slim straight, never had the slims

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »
come on boys, dont tell me your afraid of a little sag?

Mr.Hamfist

• Rep: 7
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:31:14 AM »
if you want a hair slimmer than dickies and are putting out the money for altamont ones the davis are fuckin comfy.

apad88

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 02:19:02 AM »
I fuckin hate 874s fit. and I usually get my slim straights at a Work wear store. I've tried the slims but they felt more restricting even with washes.

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
Im all for dickies but the altamont Davis chino are fucking perfect they're not as durable as dickies but they are super stretchy and fit perfect i get them in a waist size bigger then what i normally wear as they're kinda tight in the waist.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 08:23:18 AM »
The 874s have been treating me right for ages.  You should be able to find them for $20-25. I talked to my local shop and they are working on stocking them since that's what most people roll with anyways. 

In my opinion once you find the size that works for you, you're set.  I know that when I get a fresh pair that's my preferred size the waist starts out really tight the first few times I wear them but they break in perfect.  A little loose but no belt necessary.  I do the same shit with my Dickies that I do with my shoes.  When they are new I wear them as my casual clothes/shoes that are presentable and once they are broken in they graduate to skating which is where they go to die.

Eventually eating shit takes its toll and I end up blowing out the knees so I just cut 'em into shorts.  I thought I was being clever once and bought a pair of the double knee work pants so they would last longer but they are so baggy that they should come with a Juggalo logo stitched in.  The double knees do not fit like the 874s.

I haven't tried the slim fits.  Elephantitis.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
874's! Gonna buy another pair tomorrow.

dustyoilsquad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
you can get a pretty good selection at like sears, walmart sometimes, marshalls, anywhere that sells work clothes, sometimes wack mall stores like journeys, i skate the ones i use for work, the best

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
am I a bad person if this thread makes me want to buy a fresh pair of levis?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

apad88

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »
am I a bad person if this thread makes me want to buy a fresh pair of levis?
both are cool its just Levis are a bit pricey.

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:29 AM »
ive been wearing dickies for the past 3 years and i recently changed it up and got a pair of ben davis pants. they are fucking great. more on the baggy side and a little bit more durable. but a bit more expensive. look them up some time.

ontheswarm

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »
I just recently was at walmart and saw the slims. They were prewashed with the button instead of the clip and when I put them on they fit so perfect. Last pair of pants was a pair of the jslv worker pants I think they're called. I really liked them because they were stretchy so it felt perfect when skating. They were like $60 tho. When I find a new pair of pants I wear them everyday for months and don't wash them. I love the feeling of broken in pants and I feel like washing them almost ruins them.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
i know most SLAP heads don't like Omit, but I have a pair of their chinos the "camden's", and their the shit, best fitting chinos I've ever had.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »
dockers dress pants >>>>>>

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
i know most SLAP heads don't like Omit, but I have a pair of their chinos the "camden's", and their the shit, best fitting chinos I've ever had.

how do they fit? they look like pretty standard straight leg. and are they as shiny as they look online? i might have to grab a pair
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:05:53 PM by chillout »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
they are a slim straight fit, they arent nut huggers, but they arent dickies 874's either, they are slimmer than altamont davis slims as well. they are shiny, but that's because of the wax coating finish (which i love) but it dosent matter, after 2 or 3 washes, the wax stuff washed off. They are the perfect fit, pretty much the same fit as altamont wilshire's except they are work pants, definatley worth the money.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.