Author Topic: Dickies pants  (Read 19782 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
Re: Dickies pants
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
if you want a hair slimmer than dickies and are putting out the money for altamont ones the davis are fuckin comfy.

Half the people I see in these pants make them look pretty tight, where the other half they're baggy as fuck.

I kinda want a pair.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:42 AM »
anyone have a pair of the nike classic 5 pocket II?

i feel wierd asking all these pants questions but im looking for a good pair of non-jeans and its hard as shit finding new pants. once i find something good i buy like 4 pairs.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
if you want a hair slimmer than dickies and are putting out the money for altamont ones the davis are fuckin comfy.
[close]

Half the people I see in these pants make them look pretty tight, where the other half they're baggy as fuck.

I kinda want a pair.

they fit really weird, the reason they look baggy sometimes, and sometimes slimmer is because they make davis, and davis slim, but the slim ones are still pretty baggy, and they have a weird taper at the leg, way too slim at the legs, i hate pants with slim ass legs, my ankles gotta breath!
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Asked this in the other thread, but I'm planning on getting a pair of black dickies, should I get the normal ones, the brushed ones, or the rinsed ones?

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »
Asked this in the other thread, but I'm planning on getting a pair of black dickies, should I get the normal ones, the brushed ones, or the rinsed ones?

rinsed

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 09:09:11 AM »
If you want something almost exactly the same as dickies minus the stiffness and lack of stretch get these.

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/RVCA_Americana_2_Chino_Pant/descpage-RCAMPT.html

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
If you want something almost exactly the same as dickies minus the stiffness and lack of stretch get these.

shit, only like $5 more, now should I get these or the dickies?

goathead

• Rep: -5
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

rinsed

What's the difference between these? I hate when my dickies' get all saggy and soft. I like em crispy as a motherfucker

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
Zup dudes..

Does anyone remodel their Dickies Slim Straights or 874's? Like make em less straight down to the feet.
I don't like when they get over the tongue of my shoes, and I'm thinking about remodelling them.

Anyone?
#HASHTAG

dankradschwag

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
anyone have a pair of the nike classic 5 pocket II?

i feel wierd asking all these pants questions but im looking for a good pair of non-jeans and its hard as shit finding new pants. once i find something good i buy like 4 pairs.

I have two pairs, real durable pants, super stretchy and comfy.

steenz

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
dockers dress pants >>>>>>
my nigga right here knows wats up

yobzobbler

• Rep: -21
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
shit, only like $5 more, now should I get these or the dickies?

Why would you go with an imposter for even more dough? I mean I'm no Dickies fan-boy but there's a definite reason the company has been allowed to exist - with such success - as long as it has.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »
New dickies are possibly the most uncomfortable pants ever. Waaay too stiff feeling. I remember a year back I was crashing at a friends pad and I had on a brand new pair of Dickies and I had trouble falling asleep because they were so fucking uncomfortable.
You're pretty much trading comfort for durability. Once you wear em in a teeny bit they're the best though. I hate when they get super duper soft though, like after months of wearing and a ton of washes and after they lose their crease. They looks like sweat pants at that point.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:51:40 PM by Archers of Chaka »

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
if the dickies dont fit you right just get them tailored..problem solved.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Menudo

• True niggas ain't gay
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »

where can I get these besides online ofcourse?

micky682

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
How do the 874s fit, I thinking about getting a pair but don't know where I can try them on since my shop doesnt carry Dickies. Also what Dickies does Greco rock, they seem pretty sick.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
dickies are tight, but its hard to find good fitting ones nowadays. i cant find the slim straights anywhere but online and the new 874s are baggy as fuck.

I feel out of the loop, didn't realize they made any styles other than regular and the baggy 5 pockets. Pretty much all of my dickies are 5 to 15 years old and still going strong. 

I've always said that with any dickies you should go to your local army surplus or work clothing outlet, take 5 pairs of the same size and color and try them all on. They're inconsistent but when you find a good pair they're awesome. I have well fitting 34x34s and I have baggier 33x32s. No slim fit or loose fit or any number style, all just plain original Dickies.

Also, if you want a good durable pant similar to Dickies but with modern features like buttons, looped that fit a normal belt, and pockets that don't dump out every time you sit down, try Ben Davis. Same comment about inconsistent fit (not as bad) and with both plan for slight shrinkage and a couple washes with some fabric softener softener to help with the initial starchiness.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

where can I get these besides online ofcourse?

This. I like dickies but with how skinny I am they look gigantic on me.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
these have been pretty good:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=67530&vid=1&pid=545562&scid=545562022

they used to have better colors, though.

S. Samyro

• Rep: 12
  • Oh, you handsome devil.
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
these have been pretty good:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=67530&vid=1&pid=545562&scid=545562022

they used to have better colors, though.

I own six pairs of these pants. For skinny people, they are the truth.

I was very disappointed because I thought they had been discontinued. But here they are again. Kind of boring colors, though. I'm still waiting for black and chocolate brown. I missed out on buying the navy blue ones they had a few months ago.

micky682

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

Do the new ones have any stretch because I remember the slim straights being very good for wearing but when it came to skating they didn't have the stretch needed.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 12:55:05 AM »
Do the brown ones fade at all? Every pair of brown pants I've ever had fade so much.

apad88

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 02:55:16 AM »
I recently bought 3 new pairs of slim dickies at a surplus store for $50, I got them a couple inches smaller length wise so they're lightweight highwater.

myles.

• mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
anybody had the slim fit flat front? lemme know what they fit like, i've been wanting to order a pair

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »
the slim straights in your normal size will most likely give you a constant wedgie. i'm bummed on the pair i ordered, definitely not the type of pants you want to risk not trying on before you get them.

myles.

• mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »
the slim straights in your normal size will most likely give you a constant wedgie. i'm bummed on the pair i ordered, definitely not the type of pants you want to risk not trying on before you get them.

yeah i know the slim straights are a crotch killer but i was talking about those new "slim fit flat fronts" in that kevin terpening ad. ordered em anyways, i'll post back about how they fit when i get em in the mail

shit_for_brains

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 02:53:21 AM »
I fell in a pair of Dickies and they shattered, giving me severe lacerations and leaving shrapnel in my thigh. They are the most uncomfortable pants ever made, including what they give you in jail.

foureyedjim

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »
I fell in a pair of Dickies and they shattered, giving me severe lacerations and leaving shrapnel in my thigh. They are the most uncomfortable pants ever made, including what they give you in jail.

I only wore them in middle school because I was crazy hyped on Templeton.

Nothing beats Jeans honestly.  They don't go all over the place and they last longer (and feel better, but that's a matter of preference).

myles.

• mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah i know the slim straights are a crotch killer but i was talking about those new "slim fit flat fronts" in that kevin terpening ad. ordered em anyways, i'll post back about how they fit when i get em in the mail

just got em today. im 6'1" and pretty skinny and got 32x32 and they fit really nice. crotch isnt too high up or anything and they are just the right length. not tight, not baggy and they werent chafing my thighs or anything while i was pushing around earlier. i want to order all colors now haha