Author Topic: Best kept secrets  (Read 18686 times)

gnarnel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
  • ilikeboys
Re: Best kept secrets
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
Neil Blender is skateboarding's best kept secret.

wow!

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's a false ceiling on tricks. Every pro and am can do stuff twice as hard/good as what they put out. To keep steady progression and not have the level rise too high and too fast, to keep the older generation of pro's valid. That's why dum am's like nick merlino got silenced and sent to foundation when he was killing it when he was baker flow.
[close]

it wouldn't surprise me if this is true. I remember an interview with Merlino where he says that he heard that Batface was threatened by his skating.
[close]

Which interview? I want to know more

I don't remember which one it was. I think it was from right before WTF came out. I'll look through some magazines and see if it was in any of them.

Edit: found it.

http://blog.ccs.com/go/article/view/253295/the-nick-merlino-interview
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:30:34 PM by David »

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 09:44:28 PM »
Here's a secret: CCS has the most hard-hitting interviews.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Neil Blender is skateboarding's best kept secret.

[close]
wow!

for real though I feel like alot of people dont know that he had a hand in starting Alien Workshop.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:33 PM »
tony tave actually is chris dobstaff

Ether

• Rep: 0
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2012, 01:17:31 AM »
Element pretends to be a "green enviro sensitive do gooder metro male anti war love company but in reality they cut down trees and make pretty much every thing else from oil and do most of it in china so they can pay kids fifty cents a day to make big profits for pseudo green pseudo hardcore pseudo surf conglomerate billabong who is still going broke anyway. If they really gave a shit they would just shut their fucking doors and go home. Nothing wrong with capitalism but hypocrisy is disgraceful.  There is nothing green about skating. Let's just be honest about it and go have fun.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »
nike is a core skatebrand. they will still stay in the skateboardbusiness and keep making shoes when the scene gets as small as in the early 90ies. they're not doing it for the sake of money, it's all about their love for skateboarding.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:17:36 AM by pica »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
Ive had a fake account on slap for awhile now , handle :  Organikarl . Sorry for the deception ...

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
Ricky Oyola walked down his stairs and caught Donny Barley having his way with Ricky's leather couch.

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
bobby puleo is actually animal chin.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2012, 10:04:06 AM »
Skate Troll is actually Dennis Busenitz.

Mad Max

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
Steve Rocco is set to get back into the industry by launching an exclusive Chinese skate team consortium ? la Blind/101/World Industries of the 90's. Skating is blowing up over there and his early business connections have secured him exclusivity rights to riders, spots and board technology. Once in place the company will weed out all other US or Euro skate companies getting manufactured over there. If they want to keep producing decks in the Far East they will have to join Steve's exclusive consortium. Girl and Chocolate are over there right now negotiating. Rick is trying to patch up old beef and everyone's using filming for the new video as an excuse. Eric Koston might not be included due to his ties to Steve Berra who tried a similar move when he took over operations at DC and tried to put a lock on Europe/Barcelona with the DC Embassy.
In 5 years time, the skate industry will be relocating to China leaving Deluxe and Alien Workshop to rep for the USA. Europe will carry on playing 2nd-3rd place.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
You should really get into creative writing. That was actually pretty convincing.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
Well, can't say no one warned us!
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

victor333

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »
J. Cass doesn't actually fit magnums

nor has he fucked a million bitches...

and rumor has it, he has a kid on the way

oneshovel

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
Sorry to go off topic, but after reading that Merlino interview and watching that homie video part, I'm starting to like the dude.  His skating is almost on a Sheckler level (minus tranny), and aside from annoying teammates (no diff to me) he doesn't seem like the asshole he's made out to be.  I like Braydon, but he does suck compared to Nick.

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
Nyjah smokes a lot of weed
#HASHTAG

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
Sorry to go off topic, but after reading that Merlino interview and watching that homie video part, I'm starting to like the dude.  His skating is almost on a Sheckler level (minus tranny), and aside from annoying teammates (no diff to me) he doesn't seem like the asshole he's made out to be.  I like Braydon, but he does suck compared to Nick.

he seems nice enough. people get weird when they're drunk, that's all it is.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
it's no real secret but a lot of guys don't ride the product from the brands they're getting paychecks from. spraypainting and tearing logos off shoes and clothing is very common. and most people ride indys.

in interviews some pros who do drink and smoke say they don't  because they don't want it to influence kids, but there are a few who actually do abstain.

louie barletta's exact age is a best kept secret

the current location of pappalardo's bag of tricks is also a secret now, even to anthony himself.

jexe

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:45 PM »
Jake Phelps is straight edge, and infact just high off life.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:45:48 PM by jexe »

victor333

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
it's no real secret but a lot of guys don't ride the product from the brands they're getting paychecks from. spraypainting and tearing logos off shoes and clothing is very common. and most people ride indys.

in interviews some pros who do drink and smoke say they don't  because they don't want it to influence kids, but there are a few who actually do abstain.

the current location of pappalardo's bag of tricks is also a secret now, even to anthony himself.

hahahhahahaha

he went on a man hunt for his ollie, found it, and said fuck the rest

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2012, 05:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahahhahahaha

he went on a man hunt for his ollie, found it, and said fuck the rest

YES!!

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2012, 07:15:08 AM »
Nyjah has a secret skate coach named Forrest Edwards.