Author Topic: FS 50 on tranny.  (Read 984 times)

Taylor Anthony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
FS 50 on tranny.
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:02:32 PM »
I skate tranny pretty well and my frontside and backside carves are pretty good. I can back 50 but the front 50 escapes me. Does anybody have any tips?

SwiftFootedBird

Re: FS 50 on tranny.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
I skate tranny pretty well and my frontside and backside carves are pretty good. I can back 50 but the front 50 escapes me. Does anybody have any tips?

I don't want to sound mean, but, that's a pretty basic trick. Either as stand-on grind you consider your heels must be straight over the copin/whatever, like on a ledge, or as a carve-like grind, like naverrette teaches them in pools, you push the board against the copin with your body "inside" (dont push too much), which means you push the board "outwards" to compensate the fact you are not ON the copin. And if the copin doesn't slide too much (the harder to grind, the better) don't put weight on the front truck. if the tranny is small, stand-on to start learning em. If big, like a carve.

Extra help (4:10)
Show Me The Way - [ Transworld Skate ] - Parte 1

Taylor Anthony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: FS 50 on tranny.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Oh no, you weren't being mean at all. I know that it's simple and that's what's embarrassing about not being able to do them. And thanks for your help, I'm going to go out and try it, I appreciate it! :)