Author Topic: Prize Fighter Cutlery  (Read 20400 times)

TieDyedHipster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: Prize Fighter Cutlery
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
heard they're similar to stf's. might order some cause my bones wore down to like 49ers.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Yeah, can someone who's switched from stfs to these please chime in?

I'm thinking of grabbing a set from their site, I can't use my non-us paypal account, though. Is international shipping expensive?

Shipping to the uk wasn't over the top. Just mail 'em and ask.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
Ordered some of these and received an empty envelope with a hole in it. Shot 'em an email and received replacements no problemo. Fully backing this co. I'll be switching out my STF's and riding these today so I'll give my two cents tomorrow.

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »
just got a pair of the butterfly 54s and I'm not a fan after riding bones 100s for so long.  the prize fighters feel soft and cheap.  they're also super quiet i think which is a joykill

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
just got a pair of the butterfly 54s and I'm not a fan after riding bones 100s for so long.  the prize fighters feel soft and cheap.  they're also super quiet i think which is a joykill

that sounds like the opposite of what everyone else is saying...

me and a few friends just ordered some. to be honest, i love how, in comparison to most other wheels, stfs/bones are nearly indestructible, but they still feel cheap and plastic-like for me. i'm currently riding spitfire cheapshots and i must say they feel much nicer, although i know they will surely have irreversible flatspots in a few weeks.

if prize fighters are something like spitfire classics feeling wise while holding up as good as stfs, they will be perfect for me.

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
hey idk its only been a week. i feel picky with my shit in general but try not to be.  when i think about it tricks come about as easily as usual but its just a comfort thing i guess.  prize fighters are pretty good i guess and do remind me of spits but, come on, who wants to do a power slide and hear a low, rubbery grumble rather than the banshee squeal of a nice pair of bones. imo

foureyedjim

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »
hey idk its only been a week. i feel picky with my shit in general but try not to be.  when i think about it tricks come about as easily as usual but its just a comfort thing i guess.  prize fighters are pretty good i guess and do remind me of spits but, come on, who wants to do a power slide and hear a low, rubbery grumble rather than the banshee squeal of a nice pair of bones. imo

I do  :P

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:17 AM »
first...
perfect description. secondly, fuck that

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »
After skating them for about an hour at the park I can say that they feel like spits, a tad softer than STF's and more grippy. Had no gripes with em and the slid well on smooth concrete.

Usually with brand new wheels I would never slide em with the threading still there but these held up fine. I had just flatspotted my 3 day old STF's powersliding at the same place so these PFCs are already preferable to Bones imo even though they aren't as speedy.

foureyedjim

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »
After skating them for about an hour at the park I can say that they feel like spits, a tad softer than STF's and more grippy. Had no gripes with em and the slid well on smooth concrete.

Usually with brand new wheels I would never slide em with the threading still there but these held up fine. I had just flatspotted my 3 day old STF's powersliding at the same place so these PFCs are already preferable to Bones imo even though they aren't as speedy.

Spits are 100A, while PFCs are 101A (so a little harder)
I switched to a set of STFs for the reason that my spits flatspotted.
I think STF's are 103A.  I don't remember the B-scale number, but I'm gonna guess 83B
It's definitely the hardest wheels that I know of

Anyways, skated the PFCs for a week or so.  haven't powerslid any crazy shit, but it's good so far.  As long as they don't flatspot, they're good in my eyes.  I can't speak for the hardness apart from the numbers, maybe I'm just not that sensitive when it comes to the wheels.  I think the one thing that makes PFCs so great is their price.  Super cheap for something that's comparable to 25-30 dollar wheels. 

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »
got a friend off of Bones thanks to PFCs. now he's a happy camper and i don't have to hear that horrible noise.

arnold schwarzenegger

• Rep: -4
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Aha. I have a friend who did the exact opposite. He stopped riding his pfc's because they flatspotted and went back to his good ol' bones. I'm glad for him because he can cruise now again without worrying.

Randozzi

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »

new set for tomorrow, hooking up a kid with my old ones that still have some life left.

foureyedjim

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »
went to SF with pfc's two days in a row this past weekend
two days later, I can hear/feel minor flat spots at the skatepark but I can't see them

So yeah, for 20 bucks not bad at all, considering I was doing slides on some shitty ass ground
but I'm considering going back to bones if it gets worse.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 11:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think STF's are 103A.  I don't remember the B-scale number, but I'm gonna guess 83B

Anyways, skated the PFCs for a week or so.  haven't powerslid any crazy shit, but it's good so far.  As long as they don't flatspot, they're good in my eyes.  I can't speak for the hardness apart from the numbers, maybe I'm just not that sensitive when it comes to the wheels.  I think the one thing that makes PFCs so great is their price.  Super cheap for something that's comparable to 25-30 dollar wheels. 
Spits that are 100 duro are the streetburners - the classics are 99, and parkburners are 98

foureyedjim

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Spits that are 100 duro are the streetburners - the classics are 99, and parkburners are 98

Either way, the spitfire street wheels are probably the softest out of all street wheels, but people that prefer softer but still slide-able wheels should go with spits.  I don't really get it myself, but from what my friend tells me, as long as you powerslide the right way, you shouldn't flatspot your wheels.  I believe him, since his spits are fine after a weekend in SF

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »
just skated my new set for an hour before it started to rain. they are nice. i agree that they feel a lot like spits. i like that. these wheels don't change the world though. i probably keep skating these instead of spitfires if they hold up as good as everyone says. my only dislike is that they feel slower than stfs, but i hate the feel of those so fuck it.

EDIT:

had another day of skating with these and they start to feel much better with the thread wearing down. they are not as fast as bones stfs on really smooth ground, but they excel on not-so-smooth asphalt. not too bouncy and if you want them to slide, they slide good.

don't expect the elusive stf-like slippiness. i actually like that a lot, because you can haul ass without fearing to slip out to easily but still powerslide nicely. i also had a little concrete bowl session with them and they performed really good there as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:30:31 PM by Frank »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
bumped for a little update on my experiences

i've been rolling on some 53s now for a month and they still hold up good. got some minor coning going on now on the back wheels and had one flatspot that wasn't too annoying and rode itself out the same day. so far i really can't complain. i have three spare sets of wheels, one being 54mm pfcs and i think i will go with them next.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2013, 02:10:51 AM »

BUMP because:

I can't find their products anywhere.

The website is being updated regularly with news but the online shop is out of wheels since forever.

Anyone knows anything?
Another way to place an order?
European distributors?

I really want to order some sets.
I wrote them in the contact section of their site.

Luke, you seem to be in the know...

Randozzi

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
I head they are doing more soon...

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:35 AM »
good to hear. I miss those wheels.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
I was wondering the same thing a little while ago and contacted them.  Apparently they are completely out and there aren't any shops with any stock left.  I already checked all the shops linked on their page as well and don't see any.  The good news is that they have more coming so you just need to keep an eye out or email them to get on the contact list to be notified when more are available. 

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2013, 11:58:18 PM »

Good news then - I'll be on the look out.

Thanks everybody!

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Always loved their graphics, but (see username)
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 07:02:07 PM »
I've been skating nothing but Bones STFs for about 4 or 5 years now, and I've been very interested in trying the Spitfire Formula Four wheels.

But shit! I've only heard good things about PFC and there is a new catalog, so I'm going to give them a shot.
I just ordered a pair of the 51mm title fights.

Big thanks for the post, HATE!

colin

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »
New gear for Spring and massive team update.

http://www.prizefightercutlery.com/

Ben Gore, Soy Panday, Pat Smith, Connor Kammerer, Stan Karbine and ?Loose Trucks? Max Palmer are all on. 

I posted the new video with Masaki Ui over here:  http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=77726.0

I like that Max Palmer part:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJRchOpMRpY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m5s

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
i like these wheels, they dont wear down qucik or flatspot easy. im riding them now. thanks ray freck, you are a wheel ass nigga.
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

louie_bk

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
Are all the shapes the same? I'm trying to get some similar to an SFW shape.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »
I definitely wanna check these out

Conan

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »
Just waiting for the new batch to land in the uk at the end of may so i get get a set.