Author Topic: Prize Fighter Cutlery  (Read 20405 times)

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Prize Fighter Cutlery
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »
ordered some Ben Gore 53.5 .... love that size

That's the wheel I'm considering too Art. Looks great. I can't decide if want to grab these or a set of Pusher Wheels - Jimmy McDonald 53. You think these PFC's feel closer to F4 99?

The OJs I just got are listed at 101 but they feel closer to 99 or 100. They are perfect. By comparison I recently had a set of SML Garcia wides also listed at 101 that were way too slick. Way too hard and I was sliding out from everything.

ThugWaffle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
Are you in the uk? If so where did you order from and how much was it in total with shipping?

I'm in Puerto Rico so it was free.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's the wheel I'm considering too Art. Looks great. I can't decide if want to grab these or a set of Pusher Wheels - Jimmy McDonald 53. You think these PFC's feel closer to F4 99?

The OJs I just got are listed at 101 but they feel closer to 99 or 100. They are perfect. By comparison I recently had a set of SML Garcia wides also listed at 101 that were way too slick. Way too hard and I was sliding out from everything.

hardly art, hardly starving

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ordered these. I am really hyped to try them out. I decided to just get both PFC and Pusher.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 02:50:31 PM »
Got mine today. They got a nice unique feel to them, a nice happy medium between grip and hardness.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Are you in the uk? If so where did you order from and how much was it in total with shipping?
sadly they are not the distribution for PFC in the UK. But they are stocking them so I will still be able to get them here, eventually.

Conan

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
Are you referring to Ideal? If so according to the PFC site they are http://www.prizefightercutlery.com/stores/ scroll down to the bottom
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:41:08 PM by Conan »

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »
Got mine today. They got a nice unique feel to them, a nice happy medium between grip and hardness.

This exactly.

colin

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
In my opinion: great customer service - I got an email back from Ray Knives pretty quick, when there was something on the website I didn't understand.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2014, 06:15:30 AM »
Are you referring to Ideal? If so according to the PFC site they are http://www.prizefightercutlery.com/stores/ scroll down to the bottom
aw shit. I "quoted" the wrong one. Somebody said the Ideal are distributing PFC, they are, but to customers direct and not to other shops. Was trying to get some in for the shop I work at. Will just get some ordered when they arrive at Ideal.

Conan

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
The PFC site is a bit misleading then if Ideal are only stockists rather than distributors. Which shop do you work at?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:03 AM »
Went crazy on wheels this week...PFC, Autobahn and Pusher

PFC

Autobahn

Pusher

Profiles

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »
Went crazy on wheels this week...PFC, Autobahn and Pusher

PFC

Autobahn

Pusher

Profiles

Let me know how those Pushers do.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »
The PFC site is a bit misleading then if Ideal are only stockists rather than distributors. Which shop do you work at?
Granite Reef in Aberdeen. I dont mind ordering direct or from other shops. I've had a set of PFC Bees and loved them, and a few of my buddies are keen.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2014, 05:14:00 AM »

AT LAST !!!

Available in Europe through the MAGENTA online store:

http://www.magentaskateboards.com/shop/fr/40-prize-fighter

Introducing Prize Fighter Wheels  21/05/14

We have the pleasure to announce that we will now be distributing the best urethane in the streets: Prize Fighter Wheels from NYC. The wheels are premium quality made in the USA and famously don't flatspot and are amazing for powerslides. Prize Fighter supports Leo Valls, Soy Panday, Ben Gore & a bunch of friends from our crew. Check them out in our webstore shipping to Europe. To celebrate our connection, PFC just released a night edit of our brother Evan Kinori from our SF Chapter filmed by Yoan Taillandier. Don't miss on the Masaki Ui edit filmed in Bordeaux & Marseille as well!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 06:25:53 AM »

AT LAST !!!

We have the pleasure to announce that we will now be distributing the best urethane in the streets: Prize Fighter Wheels from NYC. The wheels are premium quality made in the USA and famously don't flatspot and are amazing for powerslides. Prize Fighter supports Leo Valls, Soy Panday, Ben Gore & a bunch of friends from our crew. Check them out in our webstore shipping to Europe. To celebrate our connection, PFC just released a night edit of our brother Evan Kinori from our SF Chapter filmed by Yoan Taillandier. Don't miss on the Masaki Ui edit filmed in Bordeaux & Marseille as well!

52mm is out of stock. Bummer

Conan

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Granite Reef in Aberdeen. I dont mind ordering direct or from other shops. I've had a set of PFC Bees and loved them, and a few of my buddies are keen.

Someone should distro them properly over here. I'm surprised Rock solid, or Keen haven't picked them up.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Someone should distro them properly over here. I'm surprised Rock solid, or Keen haven't picked them up.
I've been on at Rock Solid for about a year to look at PFC, but with Magenta now doing them, Rock Solid might sort it out through them. I know a couple of the Rock Solid guys had a NY trip very recently. Fingers crossed

shark tits

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »
i heard lurker lou doesn't have a chin. inside that beard is another foot to focus your board w/.

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
Just got Prize Fighter Cutlery in the Pedestrian shop in Canada. The wheels look incredibly nice, can't wait to try a set.

http://www.pedestrianskate.com/artist/prize-fighter-cutlery

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »
Just got Prize Fighter Cutlery in the Pedestrian shop in Canada. The wheels look incredibly nice, can't wait to try a set.

http://www.pedestrianskate.com/artist/prize-fighter-cutlery

nice, i just ordered a set  8)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »

AT LAST !!!

sick!

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
I have a set of 53.5 Ben Gore that i only skated once for about two hours at a smooth park.  ended up being too big for my loose trucks at the moment. I'll sell em to someone for $18 (includes shipping).  PM me for a pic or to lemme know you want.

rad wheels, just wrong size for me right now.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a set of 53.5 Ben Gore that i only skated once for about two hours at a smooth park.  ended up being too big for my loose trucks at the moment. I'll sell em to someone for $18 (includes shipping).  PM me for a pic or to lemme know you want.

[close]

This intrigues me.  I skate my trucks so loose that I glue the nuts on and I'm riding some PFC 56's without risers.

if you skate very loose thunders.. WB can be an issue.. ?

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This intrigues me.  I skate my trucks so loose that I glue the nuts on and I'm riding some PFC 56's without risers.

dunno... i skate indy stage 10 149 with forged baseplates with bones meds with no washers (top or bottom) and hand-tighten the nuts.  52mm doesnt give me a problem, but the 53.5mm were diggin in pretty deep when landing on tricks or doing sharp turns.   i dunno, not looking to make stuff up or anything.  5"8. 145lbs.  like walks along the river.

used to skate 55-56 when living in NYC...but now in midwest mainly skate parks and don't need the size to roll anymore.  i've consistently loosened my trucks more and more since then as well... not sure they can go any looser without shaving bushings...

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dunno... i skate indy stage 10 149 with forged baseplates with bones meds with no washers (top or bottom) and hand-tighten the nuts.  52mm doesnt give me a problem, but the 53.5mm were diggin in pretty deep when landing on tricks or doing sharp turns.   i dunno, not looking to make stuff up or anything.  5"8. 145lbs.  like walks along the river.

used to skate 55-56 when living in NYC...but now in midwest mainly skate parks and don't need the size to roll anymore.  i've consistently loosened my trucks more and more since then as well... not sure they can go any looser without shaving bushings...

no top and bottom washers would lead to lots of wheel bit. its all preference i guess. i have friends who skate 54s with top bushing for top and bottom.. they get lots of wheel bite, but they dont mind.

though, its not really a PFC issue,,
i just got some new PFCs orther wise i would take u up on those wheels. =D

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

no top and bottom washers would lead to lots of wheel bit. its all preference i guess. i have friends who skate 54s with top bushing for top and bottom.. they get lots of wheel bite, but they dont mind.

yeah, lemme be clear.  this has NOTHING to do with the wheels.  PFCs are top-notch ultra rad wheels.  just at this very moment, i prefer to skate 52mm...so I'm looking to unload the recent pair of 53.5mm i purchased.  in another couple of months, I'll probably be skating 54mm or whatever. 

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, lemme be clear.  this has NOTHING to do with the wheels.  PFCs are top-notch ultra rad wheels.  just at this very moment, i prefer to skate 52mm...so I'm looking to unload the recent pair of 53.5mm i purchased.  in another couple of months, I'll probably be skating 54mm or whatever. 

This very tempting. I love my PFC 56s but have been wanting to step down to 54s kinda for some reason? I guess if I make up my mind and can do with losing .5mm I'll hit you on the PM

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
^^^yeah, lemme know.  for you, ill send for even cheaper. 

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 06:29:43 AM »
Just rode mine yesterday, man are they sticky :o