Author Topic: Zoo York Roaches and Kate Upton  (Read 1830 times)

Jack Smith

sven thorkel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Zoo York Roaches and Kate Upton
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »
so zoo york's target market went from raw NY hip-hop heads to 13 year old masterbators who are addicted to family guy? geez, bad move. the competition is stiff as long as flip is still around  
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

earlygrab

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
feels to me like this is aimed at the fat white dude that use to skate and now wants his wives new friends husbands to think he gets it. In other words it feels like a commercial for echo clothing.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
I had these shoes in black when I was 12

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
feels to me like this is aimed at the fat white dude that use to skate and now wants his wives new friends husbands to think he gets it. In other words it feels like a commercial for echo clothing.

wives friend's husbands don't give a shit about skating. it's all about chasing the jones's with those kooks.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Sounded like Reda doing the voice-over. 

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
in their defense Kate Upton is pretty hot
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
something about kate upton's face makes me think that in a year or two she's going to gain like 50 pounds and be super gross ala anna nicole smith.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
so zoo york's target market went from raw NY hip-hop heads to 13 year old masterbators who are addicted to family guy? geez, bad move. the competition is stiff as long as flip is still around  
Sven, come on man. You can't be serious. 13 year olds masturbate. Everybody does. So that's not really a demographic. Zoo has been marketing to "mainstream" teenagers for years. Probably since 2002 (technically, since they sell skateboards they've always been marketing to teens). And last, who cares? It's Kate Upton. She's fucking hot. Any guy or girl will agree.

I see no problems with this commercial. Bring on the models.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sven, come on man. You can't be serious. 13 year olds masturbate. Everybody does. So that's not really a demographic. Zoo has been marketing to "mainstream" teenagers for years. Probably since 2002 (technically, since they sell skateboards they've always been marketing to teens). And last, who cares? It's Kate Upton. She's fucking hot. Any guy or girl will agree.

i was focusing more on the shitty humor and less on the hot chix are sweet aspect. should we really be deconstructing and debating over a zoo york commercial though?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
When I watch a skate commercial I go in with an open mind, ready to commit to a purchase if its a good enough production. First thing I look for is hunnies. Was there hunnies?check. I'm buying zoo york tonight baby
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 05:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i was focusing more on the shitty humor and less on the hot chix are sweet aspect. should we really be deconstructing and debating over a zoo york commercial though?
I didn't even hear any of that. When Kate Upton is in my viewing angle, all other senses get shut down.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
i wonder if people would complain if Girl or Antihero used Kate Upton in one of their ads
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
something about kate upton's face makes me think that in a year or two she's going to gain like 50 pounds and be super gross ala anna nicole smith.
that could be true, but i like to live in the now. hopefully nudes will surface sooner rather than later.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
I felt like I was watching a kswiss commercial and then all that cursing came out at the very end. Why can they do that on the internet and not on tv when the same people are watching it?

edit: hmm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2115093/Kate-Uptons-ad-streetwear-label-Zoo-York-banned-U-S-television.html
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:12:59 PM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Westgate skated for a company that I respected.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

earlygrab

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Westgate skated for a company that I respected.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
All I saw was Kate Upton. Couldn't care if it was for Zoo or Anti-Hero, she be mighty fine