Author Topic: Lil Waynes "Trukfit" Clothing.  (Read 6694 times)

AndreTheGrail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Lil Waynes "Trukfit" Clothing.
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
What are your thoughts on Lil Waynes new clothing line "Trukfit" and his attempt to cash in on skateboarding.

Just curious as to whether or not theres anyone out there who is stoked on this or is backing it.  My guess would be NO!

After seeing them at the last couple trade shows its completely obvious that the people running this have no clue about skateboard culture.
Just a bunch of dudes in their mid 30's walking around in suites.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:29:09 PM by AndreTheGrail »

DaSk8D00D

Re: Lil Waynes "Trukfit" Clothing.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:33 PM »
Personally I think the designs are garbage but I don't look at it as wayne "cashing in" on skateboarding. More like a business venture inspired by his own interests. Whatever money he makes off this ain't shit compared to the money he makes on tour or what he COULD make if he had just made a regular urban apparel line instead...on another note, what happened to the old wayne? I used to be a huge fan but the nigga fell WAY off lyrically within the last 2-3 years. Real talk once he started to cater his flow to white america the shit just been a steady decline. I miss the baggy jeans & timberland boot wearin, dedication 2, drought is over lil wayne.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
Personally I think the designs are garbage but I don't look at it as wayne "cashing in" on skateboarding. More like a business venture inspired by his own interests. Whatever money he makes off this ain't shit compared to the money he makes on tour or what he COULD make if he had just made a regular urban apparel line instead...on another note, what happened to the old wayne? I used to be a huge fan but the nigga fell WAY off lyrically within the last 2-3 years. Real talk once he started to cater his flow to white america the shit just been a steady decline. I miss the baggy jeans & timberland boot wearin, dedication 2, drought is over lil wayne.
I guess it's hard to try when you know whatever you come out with is gonna sell. I had the misfortune of having to listen to the whole Carter IV album a few weeks back when I was staying over someone's house for the weekend. Shit was terrible. Just lazy ass metaphors, similes, and corny ass puns. They were bumping that shit LOUD too. It was torture. Just listen to that crowd get hype as if he just spit some sweet shit
Lil Wayne Freestyle (Very Rare)

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
hell yeah dude's just made a thought process for himself to put out hella songs. thats why all his shit sound the same, its just random lines thrown together with a flow ona beat. theres no meaning behind his shit like there used to be.

here's my favorite wayne freestyle back from the classic rap city days. back when dude would just be high as fuck off that kush & sip the sizzurp.

and yes i know he put this shit was in the song Live from 504. the freestyle was spit before da drought 3 even came out. just had to mention that shit cuz ive seen the youtube niggas tryna flex lol

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »
I heard COTG is Am for them.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »
Yeah I actually do enjoy that freestyle. I was actually watching it earlier today. Birdman's presence in that video makes me laugh for some reason. Birdman pretty much always makes me laugh though. I feel as if I could ghostwrite for Wayne and his fans would be hyped on the wack shit that I would write. Actually I kinda wanna write a verse and compare it to a modern day Wayne verse and see how it compares.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »
truth be told i killed wayne on that let the beat build instrumental like 2 years ago. i still got the old recording

Let The Beat Build.mp3 - DivShare

trannies and mannies

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
its all good as long as he can back that azz up

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -599
  • who knows
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
i don't he is 'cashing in'.    As previously mentioned he could a lot more money elsewhere.  For better or for worse i think he is doing this out of a genuine interest in skateboarding.

Carter II was so sick. 2005 was a good year

where is home?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
i feel like lil wayne would have made more money if he just started a "clothing" line and not a "skate clothing" line. truckfit designs are mostly lame and out of date... maybe 5 years ago(when bape and ice cream style graphics along with crazy colors) that would have picked up, but i dont even see the younger black skaters wearing that shit...

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
what happened to the old wayne?

oh you mean that cornball azz hotboy bullschyte?   

waynes career highlight is this pic...

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
the Hotboys were the shit.

B.G is one of the best dudes. ever.

wayne was dope but after the carter 2 he fell the fuck off.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »
He's had many moments in his career but the original leaked carter 3 songs were some of his best work. THIS is the wayne that needs to come back.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:38:43 PM by DaSk8D00D »

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »
Lazy hashtag punchlines are largely responsible for his current downfall.

Uluru

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »
Fuck I hate this guy. I don't care how big or how good a rapper he is, he's a fucking poser and its pretty obvious that he started skating because he say OFWGKTA doing it.

I wish he was banned from skateboarding.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:46 AM »
Fuck I hate this guy. I don't care how big or how good a rapper he is, he's a fucking poser and its pretty obvious that he started skating because he say OFWGKTA doing it.

why ban someone from something they truly enjoy? Have you seen any of those clips of him skating different parks around the country at like 4 AM after his shows? Dude obviously has a genuine interest in skating and i, and i'm sure a lot of pals, back it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:15:44 AM by gutterhead. »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 05:57:26 AM »
You should be banned from living.

Jack

• Rep: -4
  • WabbaJack!
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
There are so many of you guys who hate trukfit because you think weezy is a poser. Wouldn't you rather have wayne make a skate-oriented line than any other regular clothing line? Trukfit may eventually send a wrong message about skateboard culture but atleast wayne is giving skating a shot. I'm mean fucking lil wayne is backing skateboarding! I think its tight. I just so happen to be an employee at Zumiez, the only store currently carrying the line, and some of this stuff is pretty cool. But don't get me wrong The Hundreds is and always will be huge, haha.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
There are so many of you guys who hate trukfit because you think weezy is a poser. Wouldn't you rather have wayne make a skate-oriented line than any other regular clothing line? Trukfit may eventually send a wrong message about skateboard culture but atleast wayne is giving skating a shot. I'm mean fucking lil wayne is backing skateboarding! I think its tight. I just so happen to be an employee at Zumiez, the only store currently carrying the line, and some of this stuff is pretty cool. But don't get me wrong The Hundreds is and always will be huge, haha.

LOL

i dont think you should be able to start a skate company if you cant ollie up a fucking curb

Jack

• Rep: -4
  • WabbaJack!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
It's a clothing company bud, he can put whatever he wants on the shirts

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »
What's your biggest seller at Zumiez? Trukfit or Globe?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
he's partnering with mountain dew to build a skatepark here in new orleans, something our own city would never do for us, so i personally don't give a flying fuck if he has a hundred lame clothing companies.  he's alright in my book, and most skaters in NOLA would probably agree
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »

I have the same amount of hype when a kid chooses skateboarding over soccer. Who gives a fuck about wayne?

It's a clothing company bud, he can put whatever he wants on the shirts
And we can talk shit on the intrnetz whenever we want about it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:46:31 PM by Tufty »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
i am not a robot, i dont wear pink or fake frogskins,
never worn a pair of beatz by dre headphones backwards around my neck

i do however enjoy most of the droughts

i am indifferent to trunkfit
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
Shoulda named it Fruktit...
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »

i dont think you should be able to start a skate company if you cant ollie up a fucking curb

tortfeasor clothing 2013 baby! holler
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
i will not be buying any of these clothes. But I can think of a million kids who will.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
i will not be buying any of these clothes.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »
Get that money Wayne.

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
I have my gripes with trukfit.

But since the subject also includes his music, the drought 3 was fucking incredible.