Author Topic: You're not special  (Read 2045 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
You're not special
« on: March 29, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »
Ghostriding
Quick feet pitter patter
Back and forth boardslides
Pink grip
no comply varioations

YES have fun on your skateboard. ON YOUR SKATEBOARD, stop taking your foot off and thinking you're special, your' not because everyone else is doing it on intagram

BMCsteve

Re: You're not special
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
you my friend are very special

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »
Tracer just saw Fight Club for the first time.
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »
NO but I did just see the new Fancy Lad video. Low speed tic tac tricks check... ghostriding and hopping back on check, the entire 50 minutes were like clown throwaway footage, done on purpose?

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:26:50 PM »
Done on purpose. It was all an accident

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »
you my friend are very special
bless his heart

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
NO but I did just see the new Fancy Lad video. Low speed tic tac tricks check... ghostriding and hopping back on check, the entire 50 minutes were like clown throwaway footage, done on purpose?

Why does skating have be confined to your rigid definitions. Those dudes all rip and we're just having fun. If you can't see the beauty in having fun on a toy I think you have a serious depression disorder and should seek help.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Tracer

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »
Beauty is a Reynolds kickflip, Kate Upton, or a perfectly cooked pizza. What FL did was not "beauty"

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »
I'm hesitant to agree with Tracer, but this shit is so annoying. And the argument is always:

"I like to skate like this because its so much more creative and fun than normal street skating."
"Everyone does it, so its not creative. Its just easier and less dangerous than normal street skating."
"Why can't I just do what I want? There are no rules in skateboarding."

And once you say "there are no rules in skateboarding," you can justify any stupid, easy, no consequence trick you want to do, and any ridiculous "unique" clothes you want to wear. Maybe there should be some rules... or at least standards for getting press/being a respected skateboarder.

That said, the Fancy Lad guys are actually original. But I still hated that video because most of it was nonsense that I could've done if I had 20 decks lying around.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 04:16:37 PM »
Sometimes I'll bring a book to the skatepark

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 04:43:29 PM »
My Mommy Says I'm Special...  :D www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ1d07xq6lw

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »
I'm hesitant to agree with Tracer, but this shit is so annoying. And the argument is always:

"I like to skate like this because its so much more creative and fun than normal street skating."
"Everyone does it, so its not creative. Its just easier and less dangerous than normal street skating."

And once you say "there are no rules in skateboarding," you can justify any stupid, easy, no consequence trick you want to do, and any ridiculous "unique" clothes you want to wear. Maybe there should be some rules... or at least standards for getting press/being a respected skateboarder.

That said, the Fancy Lad guys are actually original. But I still hated that video because most of it was nonsense that I could've done if I had 20 decks lying around.

You think Gonz had rules foo? Gonz was the wackiest of the whack hence why we now have noses on our skateboards. We need the misfits and the crazies

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »
it was nonsense that I could've done if I had 20 decks lying around.

Maybe if you sent them a sponsor me tape they would send you 20 boards and you can have a part
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
I did a no-comply wallie over a barrier today. It took me a long time so I would like some praise, please.

jomeara1

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 06:08:54 PM »
I did a no-comply wallie over a barrier today. It took me a long time so I would like some praise, please.

Here's some praise

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »

I don't know man, it's pretty clear this video was released by a bunch of goof balls having fun. I don't think they were trying to make any statement to how good, bad, creative, or artistic they are. If you can't laugh or even smile once throughout the whole video then you're taking it way too seriously.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »
The skating is fine who cares what tricks somebody does.  Skating is about getting you're groove on.  I just feel that this no comply movement has just a little bit too much emphasis on the clothes.  (not refering to that ^ movie, i havent seen that yet)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:27:17 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here's some praise

Thanks buddy. :)

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »
Weird how this got moved to Whatever when about a week ago UWTB was nothing but threads consisting of lists of skateboarders who...

Yes, skateboarding is for fun. Also, if you are filming and putting footage out, you are opening the door for criticism. Personally, I don't really like watching parts with too many no-complies, but I would give up a handful of flip tricks to be able to do some proper no comply tricks myself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:54:44 PM by chuck d »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 10:25:07 PM »
your*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »

Go play football you dumb fucking jock. You'll quit skating in the next couple years anyway, why keep wasting money on something you clearly won't stick with? If "accomplishments" are important to you as a skateboarder, you won't enjoy skating as an adult.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out