Author Topic: diablo 3  (Read 9800 times)

thugnificent

Re: diablo 3
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 07:12:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what are your qualms? i'm in hell and it gets a lot harder + more challenging.

ad me to friends if you want to play dudes
Coorslight#6155
[close]

all the loot that drops sucks, if you want any good items you just pay a little bit of gold in the auction house. joining games is wack too now, instead of being able to create games like "trist runs 14" or "brings wirts leg" you just randomly join games by quests, the enemies and bosses look way too cartoony, shit aint dark or evil anymore. shit is just watered down as fuck now, like you just right click an item to identify it now? why even bother making us identifty it if its that simple? right click..wait 3 seconds..identified, wow. i still play diablo 1 and 2 to this day but i cant see myself playing d3 for much longer
[close]

i understand your other qualms but dude, you are in nightmare. How can you expect good loot?

in diablo 2 you could get the artic fur set, or sigons or a bunch of other really good shit in the cold plains and blood moor, and that shit was good. you definitley didnt have to wait until nightmare, they done ruined loot in this game

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »
I think Ill finish the game and then leave it

WoW was a better game then this

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what are your qualms? i'm in hell and it gets a lot harder + more challenging.

ad me to friends if you want to play dudes
Coorslight#6155
[close]

all the loot that drops sucks, if you want any good items you just pay a little bit of gold in the auction house. joining games is wack too now, instead of being able to create games like "trist runs 14" or "brings wirts leg" you just randomly join games by quests, the enemies and bosses look way too cartoony, shit aint dark or evil anymore. shit is just watered down as fuck now, like you just right click an item to identify it now? why even bother making us identifty it if its that simple? right click..wait 3 seconds..identified, wow. i still play diablo 1 and 2 to this day but i cant see myself playing d3 for much longer
[close]

i understand your other qualms but dude, you are in nightmare. How can you expect good loot?
[close]

in diablo 2 you could get the artic fur set, or sigons or a bunch of other really good shit in the cold plains and blood moor, and that shit was good. you definitley didnt have to wait until nightmare, they done ruined loot in this game

The game has been out for two weeks. Do you know what loot was available in d2 on launch? pretty much NONE.

And monty burns, what a regular comparison to make.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
well I know its not a mmmmmrpg . But D2 came out befor WoW and I can defenently see the infulence it had on WoW .

But its not too far off now is it ?

Theres a main quest line , and you do quests to advance and level up . On the way mobs and bosses drop gear which you sell or keep . Theres a auction house . You can party up with more members to take down bosses and quests .

only difference I see is that diablo is more "offline " while WoW connects everybody at all time

Back when I played WoW I liked it cause you could do your own thing while still being connected and interacting with everybody . Random pvp and so on.  And then you could get 40 ppl together and do huge instances and take down fun bosses with super good teamwork

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
those are superficial comparisons at best. wow is a mindless grind with a non-linear quest line that has had content being consistently released for like 8 years. diablo 3 has been out 12 days, and is a game based on skill as opposed to time commitments. you haven't even beaten the easiest difficulty yet.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
those are superficial comparisons at best. wow is a mindless grind with a non-linear quest line that has had content being consistently released for like 8 years. diablo 3 has been out 12 days, and is a game based on skill as opposed to time commitments. you haven't even beaten the easiest difficulty yet.

True true . Like I said I didnt play D1 D2 so Im sure I missed alot of the magic that made those games .  But so far my observations is that the regular quests aint much diffrent then WoW other then WoW is alot of Kill X to get 10 Ys . Grinding quests like that are a big part of WoW and while boring it can be quite fun and Relaxing . Grinding stuff while talking to friends , listening to music or just stressing off after a work day is pretty sweet

The boss fights in WoW used to be pretty hard and entertaining . Cordeneting 40 ppl to do exactly whats needs to be done and so on .
WoW is pretty waterd down now though .

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:44 AM »
i've noticed a hell of a lot of bitching about diablo 3. people obsessed about what features are not in the game rather than what is.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »
Seems like its people who were obsessed with the first two and are butt hurt that the III isnt living up.

I love the game no complaints

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
Yeah, I never played 1 and 2 and I'm enjoying 3 so far.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True true . Like I said I didnt play D1 D2 so Im sure I missed alot of the magic that made those games .  But so far my observations is that the regular quests aint much diffrent then WoW other then WoW is alot of Kill X to get 10 Ys . Grinding quests like that are a big part of WoW and while boring it can be quite fun and Relaxing . Grinding stuff while talking to friends , listening to music or just stressing off after a work day is pretty sweet

The boss fights in WoW used to be pretty hard and entertaining . Cordeneting 40 ppl to do exactly whats needs to be done and so on .
WoW is pretty waterd down now though .

thats true, but once you get to hell and inferno difficulties, strategy in fights is very important. switching up your gear and skillset on the fly to tackle the right enemies is actually really fun and challenging.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
Meeh stuck on the lord of lies on normal mode . All is going well until he spamms the map with attacks EVERYWHERE .

Theres prob some strat I should be using but cant figure out yet

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
the weirdest shit happened to me with this game. I installed on Friday, played for a little bit with a throwaway character, and then logged out. When I got on the next day, that throwaway character was completely gone, so I figured I hadn't saved and just made a new character and started playing with some friends. Got to level 17, and started having lag issues so I logged out. When I logged back in, my lvl 17 Monk was gone, and the throwaway character was back! All of my play time is gone too, and my friends list was completely wiped, wtf? I started a thread on the Tech Support forum and 4 other people said they had similar problems, hopefully they can fix it.

EDIT: nevermind, battlenet had me set to log into European servers for some reason, once I switched them back to the Americas my hero/friendslist/playtime was intact.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:44:36 PM by InternetDaddy »
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
Meeh stuck on the lord of lies on normal mode . All is going well until he spamms the map with attacks EVERYWHERE .

Theres prob some strat I should be using but cant figure out yet

what class are you playing?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
demon hunter . With the templar as my buddy

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
hmmm...not too familiar with the demon hunters spells. my internet is bad so i have trouble with that fight because i lag and can't dodge shit

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 05:48:47 AM »
everytime i sit myself down ready to settle in for a long session with this game blizzard starts doing fucking server maintenance. I only want to chill, go at my own place and play single player! argggghhhhh online single player sucks.

and thats really my only complaint with the game

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 09:22:38 AM »
I still refuse to touch this game until the fall. Releasing a game like this right before summer time is cruel.

thugnificent

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
it will probably be till fall till they patch this shit anyways, you aint missing much

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
finaly kicked his ass .   Its a good game , but I miss not playing with more ppl . Its even online but not really with other ppl ,

Im like lvl 26 now and on chapter 3

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
Small update , finished act 3 real quick thanks to a friend ( lvl 56 or so )  . Just breezed through it super fast

Lvl 28 now

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 06:01:00 AM »
is there a monthly fee to play?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
no

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
is there a monthly fee to play?

Social life , and if you get really hooked , abit of your soul

thugnificent

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
well half the time the servers are down so its not even possible to play that much

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »
 In d2 you didn't have to physicaly own a copy of diablo to create an account. You could also have multiple accounts. Now you have to buy the game for just 1 account. Talk about weak sauce.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Finished Normal was nice to kill diablo . The cut scenes are amazing , Leah looks pretty life like and they should totaly do more movies in this kind of anime style .

Think you can find me on [email protected]  so just hit me up to grind or finish stuff together 

lvl 32 now

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »
lost my hardcore Barbarian last night after I got cocky and took on a pack of champion grotesques while fighting another pack of mobs

I'd been pretty much steamrollering over groups up to that point and got complacent

It was only level 9 so I shouldn't be too heartbroken, I have no idea how people actually play Hardcore for real, the though of losing hours and hours of work put into a character kills me

That said I'm going to have another go with a Witch Doctor or Monk I think

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 04:14:15 AM »
Finished Normal was nice to kill diablo . The cut scenes are amazing , Leah looks pretty life like and they should totaly do more movies in this kind of anime style .

Think you can find me on [email protected]  so just hit me up to grind or finish stuff together 

lvl 32 now

tried to ad you but i think you must be on the euro server :( bummer

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
I am lvl 56 Witch Doctor 1930 achievement points.. out of no where I don't care about this game at all. I am never playing it again.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

thugnificent

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
im a level 43 witch doctor and i havent played in like a week. maybe ill play again after some patches, but id rather still play diablo 2