Author Topic: Lil Wayne talks up 5boro, SPoT and mentions that we're still searching for....  (Read 4217 times)

HATE!

ANIMAL CHIN!?  Not sure if this little video has ABP...

WEEZYS SPORTS CORNER SKATE NEWS 3/10/12

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
I noticed this like fifteen minutes ago:

In the little intro for "SportsCenter" on Dedication 2 (2006), Wayne talks about how he loves sports, and does not even mention skateboarding (hockey is mentioned).

I want to be clear in saying, I am not mad at Lil' Wayne for skateboarding, people who have skated with him all say he seems to genuinely love it.  However, his claim that he has been skating since age 14 or whatever he said is clearly bullshit.

Anyone who has seen him on the board can glean that fact though.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
So is Steve Rodriguez going to give him a guest board to boost 5boro sales? That seems likely, since "skateboarding is about marketing."

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
I was actually just talking about this with my brother its hard to talk shit on him skating. He could be doing anything with all his money and hes building parks and skating. I dont like his music at all but im hyped hes actively trying to skate.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
So slap is hating on Dyrdek who is making alot of parks happen but not when Wayne does it?

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
Expand Quote
So slap is hating on Dyrdek who is making alot of parks happen but not when Wayne does it?
[close]

Slap hates on Dyrdek for making parks?  Could it be something else?  Come on now....

No because he is "ruining" skateboard and all that. He still builds parks , if someone is ruining skating is Wayne and suddenly he is alright becuase he is building a park.

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

The Donger

• Rep: -63
Little Wayne is right on track to pull a reverse jereme rogers. I would love to see him quit rapping start a skating. He could make a skate company and turn himselff pro.  It would be a win win, no more shit music and hiarious footy.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341

i really don't understand this.  rob worked his way from skateboarder and became a corporation.  wayne is a corporation trying to come off as a skateboarder.
as i said before i don't hate wayne; but i don't know if i fully trust his intentions.  at least we know what robs goals are.  there is at least a 50 percent chance that wayne is simply looking to diversify his portfolio.
 i guess to put succinctly-  rob is at our table trying to put more food on our plate, while wayne is a passerby who happened to smell our bomb-ass fishsticks and is now gunning for our lunch
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Little Wayne is right on track to pull a reverse jereme rogers. I would love to see him quit rapping start a skating. He could make a skate company and turn himselff pro.  It would be a win win, no more shit music and hiarious footy.

YIKES!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
its like watching that exitment when ur 13 and u start skating, dude has found christ and im backing it.

bornagain skater

yea because everyone loves having a born-again around
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

whoami

• Rep: -43
i had no problem with dude skating. good for him to try some shit in his down time. now with this clothing company he's pulling funds from clothing companies that deserve to see some money. he can push around all he wants, but when he starting dipping into the industry shit changed. and yeah, the new overly passionate supporter is always corny.

managuense

• Rep: -27
bet hes gonna stop improving cuz i doubt he has time to skate much and be over  it. hes been skating for like a year, 99% quit within 5

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
I'm over people deciding if he should be into skateboarding or not.  I can hate on him all day long for being a terrible rapper, but none of that matters since he announced he's building a park in New Orleans (hope he has someone decent design it!)

For real though- the only thing I took from this video is that he made me think of Mr. Rogers when he put on the glasses and the hat.  The product placement is hilarious too.

Say what you want man but Wayne isn't a 'terrible' rapper... If you don't like his style or you aren't into hip-hop then cool - I'm into mostly stuff that isn't hip-hop BUT that boy can rap and that's a fact.
Real Life.

steve

• Rep: 45
So is Steve Rodriguez going to give him a guest board to boost 5boro sales? That seems likely, since "skateboarding is about marketing."

excellent

its just sick to watch someone whos just found skating for the first time and is obviously passionate, you remember when you first started skating I fell in love. Total obsession, its all I talked about with anyone its all I thought about and I skated 10 hours a day what I would give to have that feeling of exitment back.

watch some skateistan videos. one was up not long ago. that shit is the truth.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
Expand Quote
i had no problem with dude skating. good for him to try some shit in his down time. now with this clothing company he's pulling funds from clothing companies that deserve to see some money. he can push around all he wants, but when he starting dipping into the industry shit changed. and yeah, the new overly passionate supporter is always corny.
[close]

eyery newbie is a overly passionate supporter if youre not youll probablly drop skating pretty quick. This is actually pretty good for the industry when you think about it, the number of fresh faces that will join because of his influence is only good.

"Its like I see a younger version of someone else in him. And it inspires me to be all I couldnt be." Frank Gerwer

This is just a rehashed argument that people have been saying about Sheckler et al. And where did Frank Gerwer say that?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
Expand Quote
[close]

i really don't understand this.  rob worked his way from skateboarder and became a corporation.  wayne is a corporation trying to come off as a skateboarder.
as i said before i don't hate wayne; but i don't know if i fully trust his intentions.  at least we know what robs goals are.  there is at least a 50 percent chance that wayne is simply looking to diversify his portfolio.
 i guess to put succinctly-  rob is at our table trying to put more food on our plate, while wayne is a passerby who happened to smell our bomb-ass fishsticks and is now gunning for our lunch

That quote was pretty on point... buuuut a park built is a park built, and that's great no matter who builds it. I'm not a Dyrdek fan, and I'm definitely not a Wayne fan. But Steve Rodriguez probably respects the fuck out of them.
p-shuvs and v-flips

LoserMachine

My speakers are fucked up.. Did he say hes entering Tampa Pro??  :D

thugnificent

You guys are full on regular. He makes tens of millions of dollars a year from rapping, you really think he would invest all this time to get some chump change from your broke asses? He could record ten features in an hour and he would make more off that than he would off skateboarding in a year. Use your brain
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:59:28 PM by thugnificent »

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
Every weezy thread is the same and pointless

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6

I want Steve Rodriguez to find this exact quote. Industry listens to Slap.

DaSk8D00D

Every weezy thread is the same and pointless

fucking yes man, and some niggas STILL just wont get it.

Stanley Hol

Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645005#msg1645005 date=1332202512
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm over people deciding if he should be into skateboarding or not.  I can hate on him all day long for being a terrible rapper, but none of that matters since he announced he's building a park in New Orleans (hope he has someone decent design it!)

For real though- the only thing I took from this video is that he made me think of Mr. Rogers when he put on the glasses and the hat.  The product placement is hilarious too.
[close]

Say what you want man but Wayne isn't a 'terrible' rapper... If you don't like his style or you aren't into hip-hop then cool - I'm into mostly stuff that isn't hip-hop BUT that boy can rap and that's a fact.

[close]

Uh, yeah, actually I can totally say that.  It's way past not liking someone's style.  Ever since he started going off the top of his head and not writing shit down it's been beyond shitty.  People like his recent shit is simply because it's his.  It's analogous to the Emperor's New Clothes.

Man, the skate equivalent of that statement is that you're hating on a whole Pro career of an industry heavyweight cause you didn't like someones 'Off The Grid'... 
Real Life.

DaSk8D00D

Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645697#msg1645697 date=1332283563
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm over people deciding if he should be into skateboarding or not.  I can hate on him all day long for being a terrible rapper, but none of that matters since he announced he's building a park in New Orleans (hope he has someone decent design it!)

For real though- the only thing I took from this video is that he made me think of Mr. Rogers when he put on the glasses and the hat.  The product placement is hilarious too.
[close]

[close]

Uh, yeah, actually I can totally say that.  It's way past not liking someone's style.  Ever since he started going off the top of his head and not writing shit down it's been beyond shitty.  People like his recent shit is simply because it's his.  It's analogous to the Emperor's New Clothes.
[close]

Man, the skate equivalent of that statement is that you're hating on a whole Pro career of an industry heavyweight cause you didn't like someones 'Off The Grid'... 

kinda. waynes been goin off the top for most of his career now. what it really is is that lazy ass hashtag flow, and the fact that mainstream america will hear the lamest lines and immediately dickride it. dudes just being lazy with his music really. he has a high QUANTITY but its taking away from his QUALITY. if you look at his career and music catalog as a whole, dudes a rap legend. if you look at wayne from the past 4-5 years however, he's seeming more and more like a "has been". at least to me anyway

Stanley Hol

Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645697#msg1645697 date=1332283563
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

kinda. waynes been goin off the top for most of his career now. what it really is is that lazy ass hashtag flow, and the fact that mainstream america will hear the lamest lines and immediately dickride it. dudes just being lazy with his music really. he has a high QUANTITY but its taking away from his QUALITY. if you look at his career and music catalog as a whole, dudes a rap legend. if you look at wayne from the past 4-5 years however, he's seeming more and more like a "has been". at least to me anyway

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Fair comment...

Real Life.

thugnificent

nah, theres more good mainstream rappers out now then there has been in years, you really dont know what you are talking about at all

victor333

nah, theres more good mainstream rappers out now then there has been in years, you really dont know what you are talking about at all

really? list them. please.

thugnificent

Kendrick Lamar big krit j cole wale fabolous are a few. Your welcome

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
Just in case you didn't hear, the new 5boro video is out.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness