Author Topic: Official Will Easley Thread  (Read 5195 times)

Will Easley

Re: Official Will Easley Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »
New Will Easley single! Had a few obstacles in the way of release single but its all good now. I told yall I been tryna get on some next level shit. Shoutout to those who said my voice was too monotone & that one nigga who said my beats didn't have enough bass.

Will Easley - Just Do It (feat. YD)

I know I original stated that I didn't want any features but this was like the perfect one. YD's one of the hottest local rappers in my area and has taken me under his wing for the past few months. We have really good chemistry & I felt like getting him on my first lead single would be a perfect way to build a buzz for myself. First it was SLAP, now it's the rap game. Fuck with me!

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 12:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote
New Will Easley single! Had a few obstacles in the way of release single but its all good now. I told yall I been tryna get on some next level shit. Shoutout to those who said my voice was too monotone & that one nigga who said my beats didn't have enough bass.

I know I original stated that I didn't want any features but this was like the perfect one. YD's one of the hottest local rappers in my area and has taken me under his wing for the past few months. We have really good chemistry & I felt like getting him on my first lead single would be a perfect way to build a buzz for myself. First it was SLAP, now it's the rap game. Fuck with me!
[close]

Honestly you have gotten a lot better and heeded constructive criticism well, but your lyrical content is still shallow, you need to listen to a larger and more diverse catalog of rap my dude.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Will Easley

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
I wouldn't be so quick to judge my entire style off a single meant for a broader audience. Ive actually made it a point to cover as many sub-genres as possible (ones I can relate to) on my mixtape. I got the bravado rap, the stoner shit, deep introspective songs, chick songs, storytelling joints, clubs bangers...all that. My productions the same way as well. I can flow to an instrument based beat or some total synth/electronica type shit. This is a just a small piece of a very diverse pie my friend.

At the same time I'm jus about to turn 19 so I can understand if some of the older cats ain't really vibing to it the same way someone in my age group (my target audience) would. Too many teenage rappers be on some fake shit, so I'm just tryna be a relatable, more inspiring perspective for the younger crowd. I gotta be that voice for those who're like me ya know?

Lurkatron

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 05:48:25 AM »
As more of a underground hip hop head it's not really my style, but it's not all bad, you do what yo do bruh bruh

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
lol @ "underground hip hop"
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good for you man.  I am more of a metal/punk kinda guy but I liked the song.  Most of my hip hop exposure comes from what I hear and like in skate videos so I might not be the best judge but I like the track and would be down to hear more.  Like the song or not it's hard to argue that it doesn't song well put together and like a pretty pro level track for a 19 year old to throw down.

Will Easley

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »
^^^ Thanks fam, I'm stoked on anybody feelin my music. I'm sorta hitting the reset button on my music career and I feel like this was a great way to start it off. I got all sorts of shit cookin up in the lab right now the only thing really holdin me back right now is being able to consistently get the proper studio time & mastering afterwards. There's always conflicting schedules n shit but I'm just workin thru it, making the most out of the limited time I've been able to get. Anyways I'm glad you fucks with it, I'll be tryna put out some more shit soon as I continue to work on my mixtape

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
are you not even posting this stuff on facebook? how does it only have 40 views?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Will Easley

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »
I been postin the hell out of it on Facebook & twitter. I've been posting the soundcloud link though, not the YouTube embed used on here

steenz

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »
i actually dig your flow. the daft punk song was tight. it would be dope if you re-recorded that one with some high ass quality studio shit.
and dont ever reply to that mongomaestro fool, he a straight kook.

Will Easley

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
thanks man! yeah studio quality & recording performance have always been what I feel like are my only 2 weaknesses, and ive been definitely been working on turning them into strengths. I'm sure yall noticed my lack of posting compared to how I used to be, I'm really goin at the shit! I'm probably gonna redo Popular in HQ soon just because that's one of my personal favorites & would sound great with the strides I've made with my vocals & sound quality. I'll possibly do the same for One More Time and use it as a bonus song on the mixtape or somethin cuz that's been a fan favorite as well. Yall know I got you on all my latest updates in here, so stay tuned!

Will Easley

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
REQUESTING FEEDBACK

So tonight I i re-recorded Popular in HQ. Me & few guys in the studio were debating on whether or not I use the hook I wrote. They said just let the beat ride over it cuz they felt like the sample carried it pretty well. I see where they're comin from but at the same time i kinda feel like its "bare" lemme know whatchu guys think. Any feedback is good feedback. Streaming link below (divshare tries to embed but it never loads, just click the link)

Popular Demo Link

steenz

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
pretty dope is all i could say

Will Easley

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »
Thanks fam. Me & my mentor been askin around and most people are saying that its fine without a hook, but im still stubborn about putting one on there. I see where they're comin from but at the same time I feel like a 5 star hook will just take the song to a whole new level, as just letting the beat ride during that part just seems too "simple" to me. The 3 verses are A+ in my opinion so adding on an A+ hook  really cant go wrong. Ima work on it tonight and see how they feel tommorow.

I feel like this is somewhat of a test in my road to songwriting mastery. everybody's tellin me that its fine as it isand warning that I shouldn't do too much to it but deep down my gut instinct is to write the best hook possible and make a great song even better. Ima come thru tho, i just know it. Ill post it up in here when & if I record a final version with the new hook

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
Thanks fam. Me & my mentor been askin around and most people are saying that its fine without a hook, but im still stubborn about putting one on there. I see where they're comin from but at the same time I feel like a 5 star hook will just take the song to a whole new level, as just letting the beat ride during that part just seems too "simple" to me. The 3 verses are A+ in my opinion so adding on an A+ hook  really cant go wrong. Ima work on it tonight and see how they feel tommorow.

I feel like this is somewhat of a test in my road to songwriting mastery. everybody's tellin me that its fine as it isand warning that I shouldn't do too much to it but deep down my gut instinct is to write the best hook possible and make a great song even better. Ima come thru tho, i just know it. Ill post it up in here when & if I record a final version with the new hook

whoa slow down
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

steenz

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
a good catchy hook would bring the song to another level. bitches love a nicce catchy hook

Will Easley

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
GOT THAT NEW SHIT! New version of Popular on deck. Just submitted this to the head A&R at G.O.O.D. Music. Wish me luck!

Will Easley - Popular

inspired by this video, in case I didn't mention before

Kanye West - Sampling "Popular" from Wicked in the studio
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:57:54 PM by Will Easley »

chet steadhman

• Rep: -11
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
this guy thinks hes a supa star,he likes big old white woman butts,and is the next jereme rogers.balledat

chet steadhman

• Rep: -11
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:45 PM »
pretty dope is all i could say
you are will easley commenting on your own bunk raps,no one would say that.supa star.