Author Topic: Berra Espn interview "doing away with tapes/disc media"  (Read 6211 times)

FUSE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
Re: Berra Espn interview "doing away with tapes/disc media"
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
I'm probably not tech-savvy enough to truly appreciate the digital download, but there are several reasons why I only want a physical copy of a full-length video:

I don't want bite-sized videos; I want a feature film.  It's like the difference between a crappy single and a bomb LP.

I have an extensive video collection that is invaluable.  I want it to continue to grow in it's dopeness.

I-tunes blows; I bought the P-Rod joint and the playback is shit.  This might go along with a previous comment about slow computers.

The Berrics blows; I bought the Daewon shit and had serious technical difficulties playing it.  Plus I lost it; that would never happen with a full-length DVD.

Laptops are great, but I'm from the school where you sit on the fucking couch and watch the damn video on the full-size television.

Likewise, I want frame-by-frame and chapter advance via remote control.

God bless Spike Jonze and Girl skateboards.  They understand and respect the artform of a feature film.  Pretty Sweet Blu-ray all fucking day!!!

trannies and mannies

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »
grant yansura is the best thing to happen to the berrics. he should run that place instead of berra

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »
I wish The Berrics wasn't the platform in which the one person video parts were being released. Instead, it should be sold or become downloadable for free through the actual company's website in which the rider wants to release the part through. If pros/ams want to film a fucking video part, they need to get out in the streets and find some real shit to skate, not film tricks on so-called "street" obstacles in a skatepark.

hes filming an actual street part this shit isnt gonna be filmed at any of the berrics locations.

as far as the digital/physical media debate goes id say that most shit should be digital, with full-length (well over an hour long) videos being made on DVD or whatever. what it really comes down to for me is would i be willing to pay $20 just to watch something ona TV instead of watching it for free on my computer. ill buy a physical copy if the videos gonna actually be watchable more than a few times and isnt just some 35 minute promo.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
Alright. Would anybody here pay for a Berra part?

nothing's been the since same

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

if he ever did i wouldnt be surprised if haters actually bought it more than real berra fans.

but personally i wouldnt waste a dime on that shit...

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 11:58:43 PM »
real berra fans..
Oh. so you mean nobody.

nothing's been the since same

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »

No, but I'd pay for him to not speak/type/do interviews/express his opinion ever again.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

syddddd

• Rep: -9
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
Street parts are far too sacred to be releasing them for free online -- that's the bottom line.

They're so sacred that nobody should ever have a hard copy of them? That's the best part of owning skate videos... being able to hold them in your hands and put them in the vcr, dvd player, etc. Any time someone uses phrases like "that's the bottom line" or "the fact of the matter is" clearly shows they have nothing else to back up what they're saying and are declaring their opinion a fact.

Every time I hear or read something new about Berra it always involves him justifying charging people for everything. I'm sure it's a matter of time before you have to "donate" to the berrics to even have full access to the site. And like someone else said, I hate how he acts like he's so far ahead of people and being different.
[/quote]

What else could someone like Berra do? He's gotta keep his shit flowing somehow; I don't think he ever envisioned how "powerful" the Berrics would become (who knows? maybe it was part of his 'master plan'?)
I feel you, it is lame that so much money is getting involved,
but that's what happens when admiration comes into play..
I don't think he's trying to be so different as he is trying to be smart about where this industry could end up.
Ultimately though, I agree, paying for this shit would take away all the fun. Sometimes, I just feel like that's all Berra and Koston want to do, is retain the FUN in skateboarding.. it's just getting far too serious these days.

Harem

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »
PHYSICAL MEDIA FOR LIFE.

I miss asking my friends if I could have my copy of so-so back.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »
This just adds on to my list of reasons why I hate Steve Berra

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 09:34:16 AM »
This is probably the lamest reason to hate Berra yet, and you all sound so regular.  You all know that DVD's will be non-existant in 5-10 years, you all know that in this internet age companies can't wait for years for all of their riders to stack footage for a video, you all know that you can watch digital clips on your TV now and it will become the norm soon enough.  Of all the reasons to hate Berra, this is really weak.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »
When I'm older I wanna pull a dvd off my shelf that I used to watch when I was younger not a file up on my computer.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
This is probably the lamest reason to hate Berra yet, and you all sound so regular. �You all know that DVD's will be non-existant in 5-10 years, you all know that in this internet age companies can't wait for years for all of their riders to stack footage for a video, you all know that you can watch digital clips on your TV now and it will become the norm soon enough. �Of all the reasons to hate Berra, this is really weak.

This is just another way for Berra to make money off of skateboarding. He would obviously rather put out a video part of some one on the Berrics that everyone will forget about in a week or so rather having the company that the person rides for put out a full length where they can make that money they deserve.

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote
This is probably the lamest reason to hate Berra yet, and you all sound so regular. �You all know that DVD's will be non-existant in 5-10 years, you all know that in this internet age companies can't wait for years for all of their riders to stack footage for a video, you all know that you can watch digital clips on your TV now and it will become the norm soon enough. �Of all the reasons to hate Berra, this is really weak.
[close]

This is just another way for Berra to make money off of skateboarding. He would obviously rather put out a video part of some one on the Berrics that everyone will forget about in a week or so rather having the company that the person rides for put out a full length where they can make that money they deserve.

Everybody who is involved in the skateboarding industry "makes money off skateboarding", so I don't see why you would single out Berra.  Again, it's just him embracing the future of the medium.  Single parts are quickly becoming the norm, and that's going to continue whether Berra is involved or not. 

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
I like what Zero and Slave did with their videos. Making them cost like $8 for the dvd. For a while all the videos were $20+ dollars and it gets to be kinda expensive. Its kinda musicians getting pissed people are downloading their music illegally yet charging $20 for a cd with like 9 songs on it.  If they just sold the videos at a cheaper price, maybe even at like $10 dollars I feel more people would be down to buy it.

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
God's Xenu's gift to skateboarding strikes again.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Appleyard said hes getting 100% of the profits from his part

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
I do not buy single parts.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 02:58:36 AM »
 You all know that DVD's will be non-existant in 5-10 years,

do you actually believe this?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
i wouldn't pay for something that berra owes skateboarding and the skaters for years.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:47 AM »
single parts take the 'team' vibe out of a skateboard team