Author Topic: Gravis Dylans, lows and mids  (Read 6267 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: Gravis Dylans, lows and mids
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:49 AM »
Mids are perfect shoes when wanting to match with your girlfriend or hit up your local renaissance fair.

skateohio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:42 AM »
dylans are great for work or chirpsing the ladies,

lows are great to skate but your feet/ankles will NOT thank you

mids are a gift from god

my feet/ankles are super stoaked and I jumped down shit all of yesterday in filters. That Cloud 9 PU Footbed insole is mighty comfy I must say, not sure why you're feet didn't thank you. I've had ankle problems for a while now too.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »
Expand Quote

mids are a gift from god
[close]

my feet/ankles are super stoaked and I jumped down shit all of yesterday in filters. That Cloud 9 PU Footbed insole is mighty comfy I must say, not sure why you're feet didn't thank you. I've had ankle problems for a while now too.

Its just how thin and low they are. literally must be one of the lowest shoes ive seen on the side.

To be honest its mostly just missed tricks hitting the ball of my ankle. but ive also had rolled ankles where i wouldnt have if the sides were just that bit higher.

If im skating well (no stray boards etc) then they are perfect, but that is quite a rarity unfortunatley

Mr. Fink

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This thread is a great example of why Slap is at a low point right now.
[close]

Gee, Grampa. Tell me about the good ol' days.
[close]

Sure, I will.  A long time ago, Slap was a skateboarding forum where pussy ass fashionistas would do a goddamn search or read a little bit before posting redundant, beaten to death topics that were trying too hard to be funny.  Now run along, I'm sure your scooter is still in the garage, right where you left it, before mom let you stay up and watch that new show "Rob & Big."

You got me on that one. I watch it right after Malcolm & Eddie and right before Night Court.

Switch barspin down 7.....hate on.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »

oneshovel

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
I wish Larry legend would change his name back to 5inchdick, so people won't confuse me with him.  I can post some pretty pointless hate myself, but I'm not as fucked as this dude.

What's everyone's favorite kind of chips?  I've been pretty hooked on Lays BBQ lately, they're sweet and tangy just like a good BBQ sauce. 

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

mids are a gift from god
[close]

[close]

Its just how thin and low they are. literally must be one of the lowest shoes ive seen on the side.

To be honest its mostly just missed tricks hitting the ball of my ankle. but ive also had rolled ankles where i wouldnt have if the sides were just that bit higher.

If im skating well (no stray boards etc) then they are perfect, but that is quite a rarity unfortunatley

I hear ya . . I believe the sides are bout the same as Janoskis- it is noticeably a slimmer cut shoe design. I feel as if they provide more protection out the box . . . as you skate them become super broken in and softer, which good for comfort, bad for when the boards smashing feet/toes. I've only tried the TT's, I highly doubt swade or waxed canvas provides more protection but who knows! Has anyone tried the mids? I'm for sure tempted to see how they skate.

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »

you were talking about this right?

Yeah, I was talking about skating with a strap-on. For real though, those filters already have a huge ollie hole after 1 session.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
 Did you hear the one about the enjoi team?
MN -> IL

Ykskateboarder

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
i like turtles

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
I wish Larry legend would change his name back to 5inchdick, so people won't confuse me with him.  I can post some pretty pointless hate myself, but I'm not as fucked as this dude.

What's everyone's favorite kind of chips?  I've been pretty hooked on Lays BBQ lately, they're sweet and tangy just like a good BBQ sauce.

Oh oh oh... any flavor of Stacy's brand pita chips because they don't break if you're eating chili, thicker (non soupy) curry, and shit like potato and tuna salad. I like Stacy's "everything" bagel chips too. Not as strong as the pitas, but they taste fucking awesome.

The only fried chips I fuck with are from Zapp's (Louisiana based chip company) - the Crawtators (Cajun seasoned), regular salted, sweet potato, and unsalted for something different. I avoid fried food for the most part, but Zapps are always included when I decide I'm OK enough to eat something greasy:
http://www.zapps.com ...been into these since I was a little kid. They're still amazing.

On topic, I envy any of you that could even consider skating in a shoe that to me, offers about as much protection as being barefoot. I'm not dissing (I'd wear them as work shoes at the office), I wear high, thick braces ("pretend ankles" as Hate would say) and thicker, higher shoes that I can batten down tightly. I look like a cyborg, but if I didn't have all that shit my ankles would get rolled if I was pushing down the street. I never took care of my numerous ankle injuries correctly, and now with all the shit I have to mount on my feet I've lost all flick. I can do flip tricks for days, but I have to push down and out instead of getting that good foot action going.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
not my thread originally but thanks for the input guys i am ordering a pair on cheapsk8shoes for $35 dollars,stoked,even if they dont last that long $35 dollars is worth it,renaissance fair here i come lol

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 01:54:30 AM »
this thread is a shit show

Harem

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »
Where can I grip the mids online?

syddddd

• Rep: -9
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
This thread is a great example of why Slap is at a low point right now.

I'm just now starting to get used to this forum shit.. it's SO FUN
but what i didn't realize it that there are people like you who run this shit!
NO WONDER THIS PLACE SUCKS
but it's addictive i'll give you that
and i'd rather talk shit behind a computer screen and run and hide cause i can  :D
but for real
HATE!

believe in gravity mann

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »
Salt and Vinegar are my shit!

Too bad they are so fucking bad for me  :'(