Author Topic: I'm a security guard.  (Read 9273 times)

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
I'm a security guard.
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »
...and I skate.  Deal with it.

chris311x

Re: I'm a security guard.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
Hot life bro

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
cool.

im probably lying

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:29:06 PM »

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »

garrett hill - welcome to threat

apad88

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 11:04:06 PM »

victor333

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
fuckin' rad tale, man

i'm nocturnal.

• Rep: -22

superslopp

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 06:50:48 AM »
vote kony 2012

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
my dog dropped a dead bird on my lap this morning it was gross.

im probably lying

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
I worked as a security guard for about a year as well. But then I quit, because it felt like I had joined the darkside. And it was gay. Fuck money

burl chung

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »
wow did you ever kick yourself out of skate spots?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
Guilty as well. I was a security guard in the UC Berkeley library. It was the best job ever though. Didn't have to wear a uniform, sat at a desk and checked ids, gave directions and walked around every now and then. Pretty much just did school work most of the day. Downside was that there are a few spots at the library. I told my boss during the interview that I would have difficulty kicking out skateboarders and he actually appreciated my honesty and told me I would never have to. Whenever we saw skaters, which was rare (plenty of better spots on campus), we would only say something if a library employee complained. It only came up one time and there was another security guard next to me and I just told her she would have to handle it. So yeah, I was sort of a traitor.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »
Guilty as well. I was a security guard in the UC Berkeley library. It was the best job ever though. Didn't have to wear a uniform, sat at a desk and checked ids, gave directions and walked around every now and then. Pretty much just did school work most of the day. Downside was that there are a few spots at the library. I told my boss during the interview that I would have difficulty kicking out skateboarders and he actually appreciated my honesty and told me I would never have to. Whenever we saw skaters, which was rare (plenty of better spots on campus), we would only say something if a library employee complained. It only came up one time and there was another security guard next to me and I just told her she would have to handle it. So yeah, I was sort of a traitor.
Kind of sort of. In a way you could've been a traitor, but you saw the error in your ways and wouldn't kick out skaters, nice.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
wow did you ever kick yourself out of skate spots?

No. I never even met people. I usually just drove around at night making sure that different corporations had locked the doors on their buildings, turned on their alarm and shit.

The security company I was working for asked me one once if I would be interested in working at a mall, yes, as a fucking mall cop. My immediate response was "no way".

foureyedjim

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »

hah! I would hardly call that being a "security guard."  Weren't you more or less in charge of what happened inside the library? 

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
Nothing wrong with being a security guard if you're not a douche.

Coming on a skateboarding message board and making a special post telling everyone to deal with it, however...

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hah! I would hardly call that being a "security guard."  Weren't you more or less in charge of what happened inside the library?  
That was my title but yes, my job was mostly concerning what happened inside. Never had too much go down. Our library system is huge - I worked in 2 libraries that were connected by a third, 4 story underground library. People have been known to bone in there and I have found condoms and underwear before (didn't have to clean that up luckily) and have smelled weed on several occasions. One time someone hung a banner outside the library on a ledge 2 stories up in support of gay marriage. It had two penises kissing with hearts floating around them and said "chode love. Can't we all just get along?" Never really caught anyone in the act of anything except drinking something other than water or eating where they weren't supposed to. It would depend on my mood or how obvious they were on whether or not I would enforce it. Always seemed to miss the yearly streaking tradition.

Edit: And it was the best job for meeting girls without even trying. You sit at the entrance of the main library everyday so every undergrad sees you pretty much. When I would go to parties people would always tell me they see me at the library everyday. Some of those people also happened to be attractive women. It was like the perfect ice-breaker.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:26:06 PM by happenstance »

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »
I thought this would get more of a rise out of everyone, but I'm surprised to see that some others have worked security.  I don't see it as joining the dark side at all.  It's a good job to get as a student, especially if you are looking into getting into other law enforcement work.  It would be ideal to live in a world where you could skate everywhere, but I can see why some companies and businesses don't want you skating on their property.  It annoys pedestrians, it destroys ledges and makes them look like shit, it makes a lot of noise, etc.  Not all of us are fat wannabe cops looking for a confrontation.  When it comes to kicking kids off the property for skateboarding, that's not really an issue for me, because that's my job at that moment in time.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
I thought this would get more of a rise out of everyone, but I'm surprised to see that some others have worked security.  I don't see it as joining the dark side at all.  It's a good job to get as a student, especially if you are looking into getting into other law enforcement work.  It would be ideal to live in a world where you could skate everywhere, but I can see why some companies and businesses don't want you skating on their property.  It annoys pedestrians, it destroys ledges and makes them look like shit, it makes a lot of noise, etc.  Not all of us are fat wannabe cops looking for a confrontation.  When it comes to kicking kids off the property for skateboarding, that's not really an issue for me, because that's my job at that moment in time.
Now you are fucking up.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »

now you fucked up
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

clearly happenstance knows whats up
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
Yeah, all that other shit is pretty wack too. I will fease torts for life.

Seriously though, it is everyone else's fault for caring about property, noise and trying to walk.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:03:36 PM by happenstance »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I thought this would get more of a rise out of everyone, but I'm surprised to see that some others have worked security.?  I don't see it as joining the dark side at all.?  It's a good job to get as a student, especially if you are looking into getting into other law enforcement work.?  It would be ideal to live in a world where you could skate everywhere, but I can see why some companies and businesses don't want you skating on their property.?  It annoys pedestrians, it destroys ledges and makes them look like shit, it makes a lot of noise, etc.?  Not all of us are fat wannabe cops looking for a confrontation.?  When it comes to kicking kids off the property for skateboarding, that's not really an issue for me, because that's my job at that moment in time.
[close]
Now you are fucking up.

for real

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »
Yeah, you guys need to grow the fuck up.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
Yeah, you guys need to grow the fuck up.

I have no support for Babylon sympathizers. Sure, I dabbled in being an oppressive overseer but you are trying to go full slave driver. You never go full slave driver.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:31:09 PM by happenstance »

Fruitpunch

• Rep: -10
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
I know a skater who was a mall cop! He'd take people's weed and smoke it out back...he got fired for it but it sounds okay!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
Crack Rock Steady 7-So You Wanna Be A Cop? (W/Lyrics)

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
leftover crack is the worst band in the world
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125