Author Topic: I'm a security guard.  (Read 9270 times)

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: I'm a security guard.
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
That's ridiculous.  Tell  me you're not one of those guys who carves the anarchy sign into there arm, and listens to the casualties.  I'm out here breaking stereotypes.  Police are necessary, and many of them are out there serving the community, and keeping the streets safe.  It's a thankless job with many risks...and I'm sure deep inside all of you can at least respect that.  

PS:  Leftover crack is horrible.  Try the clash.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:56:54 PM by BlueBlurSpeedsBy »

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
Being a security guard seems like the most boring job possible. Most of the time those dudes just sit in some office building at 5 in the morning when there's nothing going on. Every once in a while they will get up and kick you out of a spot.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
hopefully you make a cameo in the next baker video, i assume an appearance in one of those videos is like making it big time in the security guard world
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
Eh thought the lyrics fit  ::) what can I say? Everyone has their shitty music phase. And no I'm not an anarchist, I do have some sense.

oneshovel

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
GI Joe ragging on police?

The irony is killing me.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
Are you a cop?  You know you have to tell us if you are.  It's a law.  Or it's in the movies, or something.  Ah fuck it, I can't remember. 

I think the official policy is this: if you're an undercover law enforcement officer, and a drug dealer politely asks you to, say, shoot some heroin, you can't do it, unless you're way way undercover 

oneshovel

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »
I stand behind my choice of pants.  I also stand behind my opinion that hating cops is stupid.  Especially if you practically were one.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
Guilty as well. I was a security guard in the UC Berkeley library. It was the best job ever though. Didn't have to wear a uniform, sat at a desk and checked ids, gave directions and walked around every now and then. Pretty much just did school work most of the day. Downside was that there are a few spots at the library. I told my boss during the interview that I would have difficulty kicking out skateboarders and he actually appreciated my honesty and told me I would never have to. Whenever we saw skaters, which was rare (plenty of better spots on campus), we would only say something if a library employee complained. It only came up one time and there was another security guard next to me and I just told her she would have to handle it. So yeah, I was sort of a traitor.
At one point in time, I and some friends were skating outside of that very building. We were kicked out by pretty lady, who I happened to flirt it up with. Perhaps your depicted tale and my skate venture that day are one in the same.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »
but I can see why some companies and businesses don't want you skating on their property.  It annoys pedestrians, it destroys ledges and makes them look like shit, it makes a lot of noise, etc.

I wonder what the difference is between illegal night filming sessions on private property vs. breaking into Berrics one night for a video part. Doesn't the fact that "TFs" are under lock and key mean that they're effectively skatestopped? Wouldn't Berra and Koston be considered, in a sense, archetypal dickhead security guards?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
but I can see why some companies and businesses don't want you skating on their property.  It annoys pedestrians, it destroys ledges and makes them look like shit, it makes a lot of noise, etc.
[close]

I wonder what the difference is between illegal night filming sessions on private property vs. breaking into Berrics one night for a video part. Doesn't the fact that "TFs" are under lock and key mean that they're effectively skatestopped? Wouldn't Berra and Koston be considered, in a sense, archetypal dickhead security guards?

probation and a ticket - one is a crime (worse if someone is sleeping inside) the other is a civil infraction,
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 06:22:44 AM »
That's ridiculous. ? Tell ? me you're not one of those guys who carves the anarchy sign into there arm, and listens to the casualties. ? I'm out here breaking stereotypes. ? Police are necessary, and many of them are out there serving the community, and keeping the streets safe. ? It's a thankless job with many risks...and I'm sure deep inside all of you can at least respect that. ? 

PS: ? Leftover crack is horrible.?  Try the clash.

I don't remember any scene in Lethal Weapon or Die Hard when they busted skateboarders for being a nuisance.  Just what kind of fucking cop are you?

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
That's ridiculous.  Tell  me you're not one of those guys who carves the anarchy sign into there arm, and listens to the casualties.  I'm out here breaking stereotypes.  Police are necessary, and many of them are out there serving the community, and keeping the streets safe.  It's a thankless job with many risks...and I'm sure deep inside all of you can at least respect that.  

Somebody kill that guy before he becomes a cop

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
GI Joe ragging on police?

The irony is killing me.

All joking aside.  Please leave the internet.
hardly art, hardly starving

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
Expand Quote
wow did you ever kick yourself out of skate spots?
[close]

No. I never even met people. I usually just drove around at night making sure that different corporations had locked the doors on their buildings, turned on their alarm and shit.

The security company I was working for asked me one once if I would be interested in working at a mall, yes, as a fucking mall cop. My immediate response was "no way".

Dude, one more try to get the joke. Come on dude, one last try ... ONE LAST FUCKING TRY BRO!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
Isn't admitting to being a security guard kind of just admitting to being a failure in life? I don't think i've ever heard a kid say they want to be a security guard when they grow up. I don't hate security, I pity them as the pathetic losers they are.  No real animosity, as you don't really have any authority. I find fucking with security's ego hillarious and am thankful for the opportunity to do that from my own home.

Also, did you seriously say that you hope it leads to law enforcement jobs and that you aren't a wannabe cop in the same post? Hillarious. By the way person, The Police academy leads to a job as a cop, not being a night watchman.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »

yo fuck ur narc world dude get out of skate world

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »
Isn't admitting to being a security guard kind of just admitting to being a failure in life? I don't think i've ever heard a kid say they want to be a security guard when they grow up. I don't hate security, I pity them as the pathetic losers they are.  No real animosity, as you don't really have any authority. I find fucking with security's ego hillarious and am thankful for the opportunity to do that from my own home.

Also, did you seriously say that you hope it leads to law enforcement jobs and that you aren't a wannabe cop in the same post? Hillarious. By the way person, The Police academy leads to a job as a cop, not being a night watchman.

I just interviewed to be an Airport Services Officer. I suppose I'm worse of a failure than the original poster since that would make me a wannabe guard (and probably not qualified at that), but it pays about the same as a high school teacher or regular cop.

The funny thing is that I don't have the slightest respect for authority or law enforcement. It's just that the airport security industry is growing while the relevance of my university education is shrinking.

oneshovel

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
Isn't admitting to being a security guard kind of just admitting to being a failure in life? I don't think i've ever heard a kid say they want to be a security guard when they grow up. I don't hate security, I pity them as the pathetic losers they are.� No real animosity, as you don't really have any authority. I find fucking with security's ego hillarious and am thankful for the opportunity to do that from my own home.

You said you want to want to teach university in the future.. does that mean you're a "wannabe professor"?  If one of your lesser fortunate, lesser gifted students had to take a security job to survive, would you try to degrade them too?  You realize not all security/cops are dicks, but bored antagonists like yourself bring out their bad sides?

fixedgearbike

• Rep: -16
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Isn't admitting to being a security guard kind of just admitting to being a failure in life? I don't think i've ever heard a kid say they want to be a security guard when they grow up. I don't hate security, I pity them as the pathetic losers they are.� No real animosity, as you don't really have any authority. I find fucking with security's ego hillarious and am thankful for the opportunity to do that from my own home.

[close]
You said you want to want to teach university in the future.. does that mean you're a "wannabe professor"?  If one of your lesser fortunate, lesser gifted students had to take a security job to survive, would you try to degrade them too?  You realize not all security/cops are dicks, but bored antagonists like yourself bring out their bad sides?

Enjoy your pants.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
...and I skate.  Deal with it.

When do people ever interact with police officers in an environment where their arrival indicates that something positive is going to happen? 

...people hate cops. Deal with it.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

usually when people take a job strictly to survive, they try to hide it instead of... ya know, posting on a public forum to tell as many people as possible.

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

• Rep: -42
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

You learn a lot from a security job that applies to police work.  Dealing with bums and crackheads, or stuck up punks such as yourself who like to give us a hard time.  Learning 10 codes on the radio...etc.  Tons of good experience.  I'm also going to college for law and security while I work, and many close family members of mine are police officers...so eat a dick.  I'm done with this thread, I had my fun.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
Yeah, you guys need to grow the fuck up.

Coming from someone who wants to get a rise out of people by intentionally posting something extremely vague on a message board. You make it seem like you're the only one on here who has ever held a job before and that being a security guard doesn't mean you do shit. Don't get all self-righteous because you yelled at some douchebag kid and threatened him with your pepper spray.

EDIT just to say. 10 WHOLE CODES!?!?!?! Wow you must be so proud. You definitely have the upper hand amongst your classmates. That must take a whole 5 minutes to memorize!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:12:33 PM by papasmurfsdog »

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You learn a lot from a security job that applies to police work.  Dealing with bums and crackheads, or stuck up punks such as yourself who like to give us a hard time.  Learning 10 codes on the radio...etc.  Tons of good experience.  I'm also going to college for law and security while I work, and many close family members of mine are police officers...so eat a dick.  I'm done with this thread, I had my fun.

go back to narcworld fool.

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »

What I don't respect is some guy jumping on here blatantly seeking a negative reaction so that he can argue his side in a means to justify his career choice. Seems like there's some inner-conflict going on, otherwise this wouldn't be necessary at all. Nobody would care if you're a security guard if you're not an asshole. It's just a job man, and running into a cool guard or cop once in a while is refreshing.

I will say a couple of things though. First being that most security guards do not get into the line of work it because they are pursuing towards a career in "law enforcement." It's a near low-wage lackey job that any moron can do. Probably why so many security guards are complete dipshits.

If you are trying to become a cop, good for you. I think you're just a troll but I used to skate with a guy quite often, and he became a police officer, it's not like this is unheard of. Still, some people talked shit, but he's one of the most genuinely decent people I've ever known and a super gnarly skater, every session was mind-blowing, so anyone who talks shit would change their tune real quick if they met him or saw him skate.

Your career is your business but when you come around with the "I'm a security guard, deal with it" attitude you just come off like a huge douche.

OLD STAR .CHUCK WAMPLER

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
if you wanna be a cop, cant you enter the force as a parking cop or something? seems a bit less shitty and i think you make a lot more money

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
This is the last time you'll get a 3 page thread.

Mark.

Boyz N The Hood - Mark

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
This thread:

Why are you guys even entertaining this dude's bullshit?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
i think we can all agree that skateboarding is great, but skateboarders are the biggest bunch of assholes any of us will ever meet.