Author Topic: Put your money where your mouth is II  (Read 15234 times)

Rumpleforeskin

Re: Put your money where your mouth is II
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »
ROGER ROGER ROGER

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
For those in west canada, antisocial was trying to get a bunch of shops(green apple, the source etc) to go in together on a big order of polar stuff, dunno if it happened but hopefully.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no Polar on that list eh ?
[close]

Polar is basically impossible to get in the U.S. unless you're willing to pay $100 for a deck. I want to support Pontus and Polar, but can't for that much.
[close]

thats about how much we pay for regular decks , you guys dont know how lucky you are 50 bucks a board , sheeet we could get 2 for what we pay in europe
[close]

Damn, that sucks. So will it still be that expensive if I want to buy a Polar when I'm in Europe this summer or will it be closer to 50 USD?
[close]

i would guess around 70euros.
[close]

Man, Europe sucks.
[close]
If you happen to be and buy one in Germany, it should cost around 50 Euros... not too expensive as the distribution of Polar is based in Germany

Yeah, they just got distro in the Netherlands/Belgium, so I'm planning on picking one up there. I'll throw down 50 Euro for a Polar.

I also remembered someone had a Seagle deck with a really sick graphic a couple months back.

Support small brand...

Small brand becomes huge...

Talk shit on now huge brand for selling out...

The circle of life.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »

i feel like i should write an essay on the subject of all the things that are right about this photo.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Riding a Magenta now and it's lovely.  I'm gonna try a Hopps next.  Funny you should mention Orchard, I was just ordering a hat from them.  I wish they had more shit available online.
[close]
Hate if you ever need or want anything, feel free to call the shop, info is on the site in my sig.  Anyone else too.  We carry almost every single small brand mentioned in this thread! If it's not on our site its on our wall and we'll ship out usually same day. 

Josh will have Palace and Magenta in within a week.  We have a couple Magenta decks instock at the moment.

thanks Lance, didn't want to volunteer you guys but It's sick your down to help

so yeah, we now have three shops that have stepped up!

Seasons
the Orchard
and 35th Avenue
I need a coffee

Soty2020

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no love for raw?
[close]

RAW is whack
[close]

how is it whack its the same wood as zoo york and hopps
[close]

the guys that run it are deuce bags and dont take care of their riders
[close]
The dudes that run RAW are two of the hardest working dudes I know.  They go out of there way to take care of everyone that supports them and everyone they support.  I haven't rode anything but a RAW board for the last 2 years, yeah the wood is amazing the shapes are better but supporting dudes who wake up everyday and work as hard as they do makes it that much easier to support them.
[close]

hard working?  they work in a skateshop.  all they do is order shit on the phone and redistribute it to other shops.  Please give an example of some hard work they have done.  they've had some cool graphics but for the most part its pretty simple shit.  Both the owners own a house yet they still make most people who "ride" for them pay for boards.  I bought my only board directly from the owner and was charged 50 and some change. 

If you wanna talk about hard working look at the dudes that run orchard.  They all worked second jobs for the first couple years to keep it goin.  They organized a lot of video premieres/art shows with free beer as well as a couple skate jams a year.  Support orchard!!  There shop decks are the same wood as RAW but 10 bucks cheaper.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »
hmmm.... starting to wonder who soty2020 is.

must be young
I need a coffee

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no Polar on that list eh ?
[close]

Polar is basically impossible to get in the U.S. unless you're willing to pay $100 for a deck. I want to support Pontus and Polar, but can't for that much.
[close]

europe is a million times better to skate than north america. gear is pretty pricy, just buy the local small brands where ever you go. the expensive boards over there are just the big name companies.

thats about how much we pay for regular decks , you guys dont know how lucky you are 50 bucks a board , sheeet we could get 2 for what we pay in europe
[close]

Damn, that sucks. So will it still be that expensive if I want to buy a Polar when I'm in Europe this summer or will it be closer to 50 USD?
[close]

i would guess around 70euros.
[close]

Man, Europe sucks.

Egon Spangler

• Rep: -8
  • Doe, Ray, EGON!
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »
support open container clothing

www.opencontainerclothing.com
AX THROWERS

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Thanks for the love, HATE!.  Package already shipped, laced it up for ya! 

Any and All Pals, with or w/o a shop, enter promo code EATSHIP for free shipping on anything ordered.  (Only good within the continental U.S.)
Pardon the Website/online shop's appearence at the moment...it's in the process of getting a facelift and re-done by the end of the week.

SFA call me at the Shop around 5 EST today!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
Witchcraft Hardware would be also a good addition to the list. One of the best boards I had. Great shape, great wood, and cool graphics if you like Funeral French's artworks.  Been also riding ANTIZ for years now, Euro brand are always bit cheaper than US one, here in Europe.

Still looking to put my hands on a Polar deck, damned shipping fee.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
We stock Witchcraft and have a fresh order on the way
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

eelbermston

• Rep: 8
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
I wanna take a sec to give these small shops a big shout out.

Josh from Theories ships faster to me than any big chain ever could

Orchard shipped to me in fucking AFGHANISTAN

and I just emailed Josh at Theories and Lance at Seasons this morning and was emailed back in less than 20 minutes from both of them.� Personal emails too.� If you don't have a small shop then support one that has an online one.� You have NO reason not to whatsoever.

I remember Bro sending out this box over the winter. So awesome, hyped to hear you got it without any problems!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
My local shop is The Escapist.  I haven't been there in a few years though since I just moved back from Louisiana.  You can order shit online from Escapist- they're repped pretty hard by Malto and they have an exclusive Sieben deck as well.

http://www.escapistskateboarding.com/

The $lave/Escapist deck is sick. I didn't see the Sieben one.
However, I'm very tempted to get another Magenta, the 8.125 shape is perfect, or an Open.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no love for raw?
[close]

RAW is whack
[close]

how is it whack its the same wood as zoo york and hopps
[close]

the guys that run it are deuce bags and dont take care of their riders
[close]
The dudes that run RAW are two of the hardest working dudes I know.  They go out of there way to take care of everyone that supports them and everyone they support.  I haven't rode anything but a RAW board for the last 2 years, yeah the wood is amazing the shapes are better but supporting dudes who wake up everyday and work as hard as they do makes it that much easier to support them.
[close]
[close]

hard working?  they work in a skateshop.  all they do is order shit on the phone and redistribute it to other shops.  Please give an example of some hard work they have done.  they've had some cool graphics but for the most part its pretty simple shit.  Both the owners own a house yet they still make most people who "ride" for them pay for boards.  I bought my only board directly from the owner and was charged 50 and some change. 

If you wanna talk about hard working look at the dudes that run orchard.  They all worked second jobs for the first couple years to keep it goin.  They organized a lot of video premieres/art shows with free beer as well as a couple skate jams a year.  Support orchard!!  There shop decks are the same wood as RAW but 10 bucks cheaper.

they run their own brand its hard work wether you like em or not i can see not being able to pay your riders if your a small company but making em pay for boards is pretty shitty if thats even true... id like to go to orchard for my shit because i hear alot of good things about the place and the people but its a long train ride from where im at in east boston

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »
I've ordered stuff through the phone from seasons , orchard and 35th a bunch of times over the years. never been big on buying a board without checking it in person first but, damn these guys all do solid ass jobs helping you find exactly what you're looking for. pronto shipping and they all hook it up with extra goodies (ie a free Hopps tee from Orchard...thanks Armin, I still rock that shit!). oh yeah, and shipping is always pronto.

In an era of non-skaters working at mall shops and CCS setting up kid's completes upside down, if you don't have a local shop, go out of your way to support these guys. they've all been skating forever and are in it for the love.

big ups to all 3 shops for hooking it up for this pal in the past!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:06 AM »
Just ordered a Sweet deck, shoutouts to Sweden! Photo in the next couple of days

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 03:47:49 AM »

im probably lying

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Blood wizard, anyone ever skated one of those boards? Plus there's a pretty small irish skate company started by two local guyyyys called Wireless and their boards are very very nice, skated one of their first ones and loved it but aint had one since.

I would love an abbe nyberg board but no matter how many times i check new soul's website there is no way to get a board delivered to the UK. :( this is my choice of putting my money where my mouth is and im being stopped already
anyone in the world on here able to get me a newsoul and paypal some money etc should hit me up :)

That or a nate board because he deserves my money after all these years of me SAYING id buy his pro model if it ever came up
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »
Does any Swedish online shops carry Polar? Im from Norway, so shipping and price is no problem.
Keenan Forever

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
If you live in the Carolinas check these bad boys out http://www.post22.com/

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »
I've had two and never broken one just changed set-ups when they got too gnarly.  Skate perfect too.

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2012, 12:47:30 AM »
Palace Lucien 8.0.. feels like a perfect shape

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 03:53:04 AM »
we have a few palace boards in my work i can pick up for anyone that wants them and send them to you :)
ill take a goosey at em when i start my shift and post what decks they are after :)
Dont think any of them are below 8
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
Anyone in Canada find Palace stuff yet?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
http://turfglobal.com/

What happened to Given and High 5?

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
http://turfglobal.com/

What happened to Given and High 5?

Given, I believe, is long done. The High 5 is just on a hiatus while they work out some distro issues
I need a coffee

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
here are my last few boards. that vivien feil/ian curtis joy division deck, orchard deck, 5boro fuck longboards, and my stacks board i'm skating now

i luckily live right down the street from orchard. i could leave my front door, skate across the footbridge, and then down the street all within five minutes. i've ordered some stuff from dave at 35th a few years ago, too. he hooked it up and my shoes got sent pretty fast considering it's washington state and i live in massachusetts
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:55:38 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2012, 10:50:10 PM »
anybody know any online shops that carry western edition?

nobody around me carries them.

I take it you aready tried calling your local shops and asking if they would call around to their distributors and see if they can get what you're looking for?

If so, and they can't help you, FTC is probably a good place to look, call the shop. If FTC can't help you check out the company website for a list of shops that carry them. Picking up the phone can still work wonders in the Internet age.

A.J.K.

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
What are Traffic boards like compared to Chapman or Pennswood?