Author Topic: Any impressions on thunder hollow lights???  (Read 5906 times)

Tufty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
Any impressions on thunder hollow lights???
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
 Someone recently bought me a pair of Malto's thunder hollow lights. Havent tried them yet as my Indies are ok. So my question is, anyone had those??? If yes, how do they turn and are they durable??? The hollow axle and kigpin seem kinda bullshit idea to me that messes up durability, which is the most important factor to me . I never gave fuck about light weight.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
Re: Any impressions on thunder hollow lights???
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
got some hollow lights on my set up right now. there pretty good on turning and what not..i don't notice any difference from my previous trucks (regular thunders). i guess switching from indy's the main difference is turning and weight..they grind really well and are durable..then again i don't skate too many stairs and gaps.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
I was riding them for a while and I found the weight difference to be negligible. I had serious wheelbite from them and I don't have loose trucks and I ride 52mm wheels. I'd still be skating them but I prefer how high indys are

so if you prefer more of a mid sized truck then they should be good. I would imagine the reduced weight could only help and durability wise you shouldn't run into any problems
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:31:55 AM by bust.factor »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
I love mine. Wont be changing anytime soon.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 01:04:17 AM »
hell yeah i have a pair of the chris coles and theyre sick! they might not make your whole board feel more lightweight under your feet but if you actually held the trucks youd notice the difference. they turn great, just like regular thunders. as far as durability goes ive had mine for a few months and they seem like theyll hold up fine, although i dont really have a problem breaking trucks like that anyway so i guess you can take that for what its worth. personally though, i dont really have any complaints. i love my trucks

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:09:04 AM »
 Thanx for the comments. I usually keep my trucks for some time and then break the baseplates or i break the kigpin. And when i break the kigpin one time all hell breaks loose and i keep on breaking every single kigpin i get replaced within weeks. The only trucks that lasted me a year , and more than a year sometimes, were Indies. On the other hand Indies Stage 10s seem to have a very small gap from kigpin to hanger something that i find bothering so i made the change to thunder. Its my first pair of thunders  hope they are durable :).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:11:09 AM by Tufty »

apad88

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »
Had a set of the Malto lights and the kingpin snapped within a Month and they don't even offer a warranty. fuck them, Indys for life

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
does anyone know if the hollow light hi's are lower than regular thunder hi's?

victor333

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »
hell yeah i have a pair of the chris coles and theyre sick! they might not make your whole board feel more lightweight under your feet but if you actually held the trucks youd notice the difference. they turn great, just like regular thunders. as far as durability goes ive had mine for a few months and they seem like theyll hold up fine, although i dont really have a problem breaking trucks like that anyway so i guess you can take that for what its worth. personally though, i dont really have any complaints. i love my trucks

Where the hell did your blackanese go?? Here, let me help  you out:

Hell yea, mane.  I have a pair of dem Cole's and they be dope, yo! On the real, when you skatin' you can't really notice shit, but dem bitches is lighter, foreal. They turn hella good and shit. Had mine for a minute, and they holdin' up fosho; ain't no beef wit'em. Real talk, though, I don't bust my shit, but these trucks still tight as fuck, my nigga.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell yea, mane.  I have a pair of dem Cole's and they be dope, yo! On the real, when you skatin' you can't really notice shit, but dem bitches is lighter, foreal. They turn hella good and shit. Had mine for a minute, and they holdin' up fosho; ain't no beef wit'em. Real talk, though, I don't bust my shit, but these trucks still tight as fuck, my nigga.

H0W B0uT U Jus G3T 0FF Mii D!cK U FucK B0i!

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

why dont we settle this with a game of skate?  ::)

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

not even tryna be cocky but i feel like i would win easy.

victor333

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

not even tryna be cocky but i feel like i would win easy.

Honestly? How would you possibly know that?  ???

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »
Been riding a set of 149 (8.5") Polished Hollow Lights HI - they're great, light and turn like, um, Thunders? They're a MID truck (which is funny because they are the same height as my ACE LOs).

I recently wanted to move the kingpins from them to my ACE magnesium plates but they were much taller, putting it back into the Thunders' forged baseplate (splines aligned perfectly) was an exercise in frustration, broken hammers and bruised fingers.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:36 PM »
dude, I have to try some of those thunder hollow lights polished, maybe I'll be as good as dylan rieder

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 03:51:52 AM »
I've had three sets.. Im now skating Venture hi's. Lets just say that Im never going back

foureyedjim

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
All the cool kids skate thunder

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
although i think its most likely a fluke ass defect i broke my hollow lights. i was warming up on a small loading dock for about 10 minutes and after landing a heelflip i noticed my trucks were swerving kinda weird. to my surprise they actually broke upon landing, despite me riding away. anybody know the address or email for dlx so i can send these back?

n8a

• Rep: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
Hey man I think you already did but please send an email to [email protected] and he will help you out as soon as he gets a chance. Thanks.

although i think its most likely a fluke ass defect i broke my hollow lights. i was warming up on a small loading dock for about 10 minutes and after landing a heelflip i noticed my trucks were swerving kinda weird. to my surprise they actually broke upon landing, despite me riding away. anybody know the address or email for dlx so i can send these back?

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
Hey man I think you already did but please send an email to [email protected] and he will help you out as soon as he gets a chance. Thanks.

[/quote]

yeah i was just about to post in here how yall helped me out through the facebook page. DLX is the best!