Author Topic: Bam the artist?  (Read 3556 times)

mongomaestro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Bam the artist?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
"(insert current or past pro skater's name here) the artist"

BLEH....    ::)

generally speaking of course.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 10:32:17 PM »
Should have seen this coming

"What will he do next?"

"Whatever the fuck I want."

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »
Ha holy fuck, I love how everyone is an artist, dj, tagger, and rapper these days. Its very fucking corny.

It's what happens with counter culture type movements, once everyone gets onto the money tip, similar to skateboarding.
Oh for sure it will be packaged nicely as 'I just want to make money from what I love doing' which is generally far removed from
the original concept. In saying that we've all probably daydreamed of becoming sponsored or getting paid to play in a band or as
 a DJ. It's more often than not a phase that one goes through and when you figure out that no gives a fuck what label you give to your current interests, you stop giving a fuck about telling them.
This rule doesn't apply to celebrities because they think everything they touch should be put into the museum of ...*insert celebrities name here*. Bam stopped being a skateboarder a long time ago and has since been a celebrity. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 02:37:10 AM »

This leads me to believe that I went to high school with about a dozen and a half Bam Margeras.

doc

• Rep: -4
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 03:16:52 AM »
I used to skate at Bams all the time. The place got way to blown out. So i was over it. But anyway he has been painting for a long time. I think he started for some charity thing like 4 + years ago. He has his own like work shop / print shop on the property. He screen prints shirts and paints there. Well he used too. I haven't been back to the barn in a couple years.