Author Topic: Scooter Epidemic  (Read 6823 times)

ThirtyYearsYoung

Re: Scooter Epidemic
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 05:46:23 AM »
Nothing to do with scooters, but last night a mom and six little kids showed up... all seven of them immediately climbed on our biggest ramp, half on one side, half on the other, and started rolling a basketball back and forth between them. They had a game with some kind of point system, it went on for about half an hour. Guys were purposefully "losing" their boards in the direction of the ramp, hoping the mom would pick up the hint that, uh, we want to actually skate this thing, could you take your kids and fuck off, please? I was pretty close to grabbing the ball and tossing it over the fence before I realized that a thirty year old man tossing an eight year old's ball would be pretty sociopathic.

This was like 18 hours ago but seeing this thread made me pissed off all over again. Just had to vent, thanks slap.

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
Right, was at the park on friday, "where the fuck did all these scooter kids come from, theyre multiplying"

Constantly having to shout "MOOOOOVE" just before hitting the ledge/blacks because their favourite trick is "ride infront of the skater"

getting more annoyed by regular apparently blind scooter kids, me and my friend do a couple of powerslides near them to show dominance and annoyance, one complains to his dad. his dad didnt even care, literally said "stop bieng a pussy and get on with it" so that he could carry on playing on his i-phone. then he left s.hortly after

Later im about to do a trick on a flatbank and some scooter rolls up next to me, tries to tailwhip and smashes me in the foot with his scooter. i now have a lovely bruised foot. still i dont lose my temper i just tell him to look where hes fucking going.

few hours pass, were chilling on the grass having a drink, i see the bin is on fire! i shout "why the fuck is the bin on fire" same scooter kid says "it was a dare" so i flip out hard on these scooter kids, make them put it out and tell them to fucking go home.  literally force them to leave the park. they just go about 10 meters away and start smashing bottles on the basketball court. "how do i reeeach these keeeds"

if any of this shit happnes next time i have no option but to engage hulk mode, that, or snitchy mc-telling-your-parents mode

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »
his dad didnt even care, literally said "stop bieng a pussy and get on with it" so that he could carry on playing on his i-phone.

reminds me of this one time i was skating this park, and there was this little kid, couldn't of been over 11 or 12 and definitely hadn't ridden a skateboard for more than a couple weeks, and his dad was trying to push him to do some gnarly shit, in particular drop in on this one big 12 foot biker spine. the dad was really giving it to the kid, who was practically crying up on top of the quarter pipe, and he had no sympathy for him. told the kid to quit being a baby and that he was never gonna be good if he wouldn't just go for it, and he started kinda directing his comments in a way that included me, like looking to me to back him up. needless to say i told the kid to quit being a pussy, did a disaster right next to him, and went and cracked a beer with his pops

on topic though, there is also was a scooter kid at this park when i was going consistently, seemingly the only one though, and all he would really do was a back lip scooter equivalent on the flat bar and try to nose manual the pad, he never really got in the way, although he did like to include himself in 'scootin' an obstacle that you might be skating, it seemed like he had an interest in skateboarding though with his trick selection, hopefully he's dropped the scooter and picked up a board since then
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
one of the scooter boys that annoyed me few years ago in his early age quickly became the best skater of my region and is a cool friend of mine now...

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
one of the scooter boys that annoyed me few years ago in his early age quickly became the best skater of my region and is a cool friend of mine now...

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
that said, there's a bunch of fucking scooters in the park nowadays

bandini

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
We've taken to referring to the park as the "scootpark" lately. They really are multiplying like flies right now.

I am SOOO fucking over living in a small town at the moment. The whole skate scene has devolved to basically 6 or 7 dudes who used to skate, sitting on their asses smoking while the scooter nerds yell at each other to "watch this" as they do their 2 inch fly-outs.

3 more months til NYC...

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
There is a scooter pro here in Sacramento, dude is in his late 20's or early 30's and does shit like tail whip lip slides on the handrails. No matter how gnarly he gets I can't help but snicker that the dude is on a fucking scooter.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
i was at the park today, not a huge park, but there was a total of 9 scooter kids and 6 skateboarders...

sad.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
It could be worse. instead of, lets say, 20 scooter kids against 5 skaters, 15 (at least 3 of them gym-roided) bladers against 1 skater (that's me in my local park). They literally forced me to stop going there by waxing the place >9001 when this older dude stopped caring about skateboarding (its kinda funny how all of them were afraid of one dude and whenever he wasnt they acted all alpha). now the flat is slickier than the berrics and even doing flatgroud tricks your griptape gets a 1-3mm layer of wax. not to talk about the coping.

obv moved to another two skateparks that are near and way better, but shit sucked.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »
Sometimes I feel like a pedophile when I go to the skatepark. I didn't plan on feeling so old at 23.
you would feel like that only when you're thinkin of fuckin them  ::)

foureyedjim

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Sometimes I feel like a pedophile when I go to the skatepark. I didn't plan on feeling so old at 23.
[close]
you would feel like that only when you're thinkin of fuckin them  ::)
ouccch

Mr. Fink

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
I used to hate all the scooter kids at my park...but now we have a Peter Pan-Lost Boys situation going on.

ThirtyYearsYoung

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
The funny thing that occurred to me about scooters is, they are to skateparks what skateboards are to the rest of the city. It used to be someone (older) would come out and get pissed at kids for skating their stairs or ledges or whatever. Now skaters are the ones getting pissed (at younger kids) who want to use our parks. Don't get me wrong, scooters drive me bonkers and I'd love to throw those kids the hell out, but there is an irony to it, is all I'm saying.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
you would feel like that only when you're thinkin of fuckin them  ::)
[close]
ouccch
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:56:13 PM by DaSk8D00D »

Fairy Boy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »
Not an epidemic story, but a few years ago I was at the local park, not too crowded and a kid pulls up with some Hollister gear and a scooter. After getting mean mugged and some shit talked at him, he starts going for a tailwhip down the big set, like right away. In a couple trys he lands on it, and smashes the fuck out of one of the wheels. Instead of getting a new wheel, he throws the whole setup in the trash, walks to his car, and pulls one of several spare scooters out of his trunk! We asked him about it and he said they were so cheap it was was easier to just ride a new one each time at like 30 bucks a pop. Can't remember if he ever stuck the tailwhip...
She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

ggb

• Rep: 1
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
There is a scooter pro here in Sacramento, dude is in his late 20's or early 30's and does shit like tail whip lip slides on the handrails. No matter how gnarly he gets I can't help but snicker that the dude is on a fucking scooter.

by any chance, do you see him at waterman/mainline skatepark? i see him a lot there, and he is a full on crackhead

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »
in reality most girls dont dig skating. However if you can show a girl jerry hsu's b sides they will understand its not just for kids... and then they will want to suckle on your penor

Then maybe she will show you her b-sides, amirite?

Anyway, the park I go to is fucking covered with scooters/bikers. I mean, I'm all for little kids doing what they want and shit. Who am I to judge what's "cool" vs. "not cool" for fuckin little kids to be spending their time on?  The only shit that starts to bother me is when they can't understand that I am trying to skate that fucking bank to bench right now and you have sat on it like 5 times and each time I'm like "Hey man, I'm trying to skate that." damn it. Other than that, it's whatever to me. I'm not going to try and make myself feel like I'm better or something because I chose a different toy to play with at the local concrete obstacle course.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:21:42 AM by codithou »

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2012, 01:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
you would feel like that only when you're thinkin of fuckin them  ::)
[close]
ouccch
[close]

Damn, I got got.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

SwiftFootedBird