Author Topic: Spots in Ocean Beach (San Diego)  (Read 875 times)

Liam Baker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -50
Spots in Ocean Beach (San Diego)
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
I'm going on a trip there this summer with my family and was wondering about any spots that might be around there. Also, how far is washington street? I've always wanted to skate that park.
fuck

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
Re: Spots in Ocean Beach (San Diego)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
There are a few taller ledges along the boardwalk/seawall, and some random hills to bomb. I'm sure there's more than that, but I never skated there much so I can't say. You could get up to Mission Beach/Pacific Beach fairly easily and hit up some of the spots from the old Zero videos. There's a park roughly in OB, which last I knew is now open and free, but usually overrun by bikers. Washington St is probably more realistically a bus ride away, albeit a short one. You can use sdcommute.com to figure out which bus you'd need. Washington St is under the bridge at the intersection of the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway), and obviously Washington St.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
I'm going on a trip there this summer with my family and was wondering about any spots that might be around there. Also, how far is washington street? I've always wanted to skate that park.

The OB park is alright... I'd catch the bus to Washington St. before hitting that spot but if you're in the vicinity you should cruise by there and check it out. There's some banks that were kinda fun off of the I-8 West heading East not too far from OB.  Memorial park which is just south of downtown is cool and worth the journey.  Those ledges under the Coronado bridge in bario logan are good... not sure if they're still skateable though.  There was another DIY spot under the I-8 but I'm pretty sure it's been dozed.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
This has helped, hopefully I'll find some cool stuff to skate when I'm there. Thanks!
fuck