Author Topic: ACE 44s  (Read 6585 times)

gnarwhale

ACE 44s
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
can you guys tell me your opinions ace 44s ive only heard good things but there kindof expensive for me atleast and just wanted to knwo before buying them

b.v.

Re: ACE 44s
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
get em, you won't be bummed.

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
Pull the trigger. They're some of the best trucks I've ever had. I'm not going to hesitate the next time I get a chance to grab a set.

G.Lewis

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
They're light and grind well. If you don't like "squirrely" trucks, you may want to pass.  They don't really get tight, just a little less loose, if that makes sense.  Good trucks.

gnarwhale

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
They're light and grind well. If you don't like "squirrely" trucks, you may want to pass.  They don't really get tight, just a little less loose, if that makes sense.  Good trucks.
i like my trucks fairly loose, are the 44s highs or mids, also do you know if bones bushing fit in them?

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
if they are 44 thy will be high. the bones will fit but i didnt feel a difference.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Only other thruck than my indys 149s with bones I want to try. Is it worth it from indys?

gnarwhale

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »
if they are 44 thy will be high. the bones will fit but i didnt feel a difference.

really? when you put them in other trucks could you tell the difrence? well i cant really doubt raptor jesus

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
ace 44 really loose are one of my favorite things. its literally changed the way i skate. no more trick. stop. trick stop. i can just keep flowing along.. just doing whatever comes up next. have them with very broken in bones. nut at the top on the front so it jiggles. tighter in the back so it doesn't jiggle. but still lose. with 54s (When new) wheels. sometimes i feel like that dude from the 70s who just like.. ballet danced on his board must have felt. just flowing all over the place. if i try that set up with indy's i get crazy wheel bite. its not the same. ace 44s make me happy to just be skating!

Mr.Hamfist

• Rep: 7
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
Only other thruck than my indys 149s with bones I want to try. Is it worth it from indys?

if you're getting lots of wheelbite and still want it looser then yes.  it's less stable especially with bones but they also turn quicker than indys. i love them and would give it a go if that interests you at all

gnarwhale

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
can someone tell me the exact width of the 44s?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

the axles are 8.25" wide

gnarwhale

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the axles are 8.25" wide
:o YEEEEESSSS!!!! thanks for telling me i dont care if it gonna cost almost 60 dollars for my shop to order them i'm doing it

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
expect some bent hangers.

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:32:35 PM »
the bent hangers seemed to just be a issue with earlier sets of trucks
you can buy them here for cheaper than 60
http://www.skateworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACEtruckraw

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »
the bent hangers seemed to just be a issue with earlier sets of trucks
you can buy them here for cheaper than 60
http://www.skateworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACEtruckraw

a friend of mine bent the axles on one of his indy koston trucks. also aces look bent out the box cause there is more metal in the middle ofthe truck then on the sides. the best prices for aces in the US is this place .. imo

http://milehighskates.com/ace-44-trucks.html

Tim_Smith

• Rep: -2
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »
I've had the same ace 44's for two years now, no bent axles, almost grinded down to the axel on both trucks. the stock bushings blew out in a month and completely fell apart but I put some yellow doh dohs in there and have pretty much been good since. They are super loose though, they jiggle and they're tightened down pretty far. One of my friends tried them but they were too loose for him, so he went back to indy's. I like them though, I think they're worth buying. They do look a little...strange, maybe too skinny or something but that's just me being picky, doesn't affect the way they skate obviously. Spend a couple extra bucks and support your local shop, the mark up on trucks isn't very good, shops buy them wholesale for around $27-$30 plus shipping and when they go to sell them no one wants to pay more than $45, ccs isn't doing anything for your local scene, support the local shop that will. 

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
Def go with ACE's. Never had the 44's but I rock the 33's, I've ridden all different trucks through the years and always ended back riding Indys, then after reading the reviews and history of ACE I copped myself a pair and never looked back. Bones Yellows thrown in there and they are such a damn sweet ride. I've even converted some local Indy and Venture riders to the greatness that is ACE. Get a pair, you won't be disappointed

"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

gnarwhale

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
just ordered some from my local shop, ended up only being 48 dollars and was talked into 33s, the owner kept teasing me about how the whole team skated vert adn if he ordered them he better start seing me doing 540s.,

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
Does anybody know the exact width of the 55s? 

how would 44s fit a 8.5 board?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Does anybody know the exact width of the 55s? 

how would 44s fit a 8.5 board?

55s are 9".. 44s are the closets to an 8 with out going frank.

on another post. i know a bunch of street guys who only skate ACES. ace built their base on pool / vert skaters. but are really good street trucks if you like hell loose control. they turn very very fast.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:45 AM »
I'd go with 44's for an 8.5...

33 = 7.875"

44 = 8.25"

55 = 8.875"

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
just ordered some from my local shop, ended up only being 48 dollars and was talked into 33s, the owner kept teasing me about how the whole team skated vert adn if he ordered them he better start seing me doing 540s.,
gonna have a little magic carpet ride going on. but they're still good trucks. and ain't shit wrong with vert and doing 540's.

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »
Switching to Aces was the best decision i've ever made.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
I've ridden ACE 44s with an 8" board and could barely see the axles. I also tried them with an 8.25" on a friend's set up and it didn't seem like that much of a "magic carpet." If anything I'd say the measurement is somewhere between 8 and 8.25.

Pros: Kingpin is much lower than the hanger, so the kingpin hangup is reduced a lot. I think they turn better than current Indys. Completely subjective and vague, but for lack of a better description, they turn exactly how I want, faster, and when I want it to. I have yellow bones on there.

Cons: I've never had to change a pivot cup on any truck. I've had to change two sets on these. The ACE pivot cups are awful, and blow out very quickly i.e. two months and there's wiggle room where you could wedge a pencil tip on both sides of the pivot cup that surrounds the hanger. This eventually led me back to switching back to Indys.

Conclusion: I put my aces on a cruiser, and eventually found some Khiro pivot cups and put those on. Six months later and they're amazing. All in all, ACE 44s with bones and khiro pivot cups, if you have the energy and resources to put that combination together, I think they really are THE best trucks possible. But for all intensive purposes, it's just easier to go with Indys and bones.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
I've ridden ACE 44s with an 8" board and could barely see the axles. I also tried them with an 8.25" on a friend's set up and it didn't seem like that much of a "magic carpet." If anything I'd say the measurement is somewhere between 8 and 8.25.

Pros: Kingpin is much lower than the hanger, so the kingpin hangup is reduced a lot. I think they turn better than current Indys. Completely subjective and vague, but for lack of a better description, they turn exactly how I want, faster, and when I want it to. I have yellow bones on there.

Cons: I've never had to change a pivot cup on any truck. I've had to change two sets on these. The ACE pivot cups are awful, and blow out very quickly i.e. two months and there's wiggle room where you could wedge a pencil tip on both sides of the pivot cup that surrounds the hanger. This eventually led me back to switching back to Indys.

Conclusion: I put my aces on a cruiser, and eventually found some Khiro pivot cups and put those on. Six months later and they're amazing. All in all, ACE 44s with bones and khiro pivot cups, if you have the energy and resources to put that combination together, I think they really are THE best trucks possible. But for all intensive purposes, it's just easier to go with Indys and bones.
not trying to be a dick, but the phrase is "for all intents and purposes."
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:44 AM »
its not the pivot cups fault its because of how the truck moves. Aces turn really fast so it just wears out the pivot cup faster. I have seen the same thing happen to indy's that are super loose.

El Barto

• Rep: -3
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
Would ace 33s fit on an 8.1?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Would ace 33s fit on an 8.1?

that would be the size i would recommend.