Author Topic: Bastien Interview  (Read 6168 times)

DerpyHooves

Re: Bastien Interview
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 02:56:21 AM »
Bastien Salabanzi Show

I know we've all seen this but this is seriously the best video. Dude not only self cheers while doing amazing tricks but he does the Michael Jordan pose saying "Oh shit! Did I just do that?", gives his board away, takes off his clothes and gives it to people like they care, self claps to himself, sits down as if he was done and then goes and skates again and does a full cab double flip for the fatality.

Do this shit in Street League and he'll get six figure checks no problem.

Would totally love love love to see this happen.

MostlyLurkin'

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »
Bastien is raw

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Bastien Salabanzi Show

I know we've all seen this but this is seriously the best video. Dude not only self cheers while doing amazing tricks but he does the Michael Jordan pose saying "Oh shit! Did I just do that?", gives his board away, takes off his clothes and gives it to people like they care, self claps to himself, sits down as if he was done and then goes and skates again and does a full cab double flip for the fatality.

Do this shit in Street League and he'll get six figure checks no problem.
[close]

Would totally love love love to see this happen.
HOPEFULLY Dyrdek hook him up even if he doesn't get the votes, because kids that are into berrics vote for Nyberg...

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
Okay, guis, we need to rally together and NOT buy flip boards until the '06 bastien tapes resurface
. . . .
what's that you say . . you don't buy flip decks . . either ? . . . fuck

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 04:16:38 AM »
If Bastien dont get through, whos going to sign my petition to street league to let him in??
Time To Play The Game

mike hawk

• Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:13 PM »
i did a two week skate tour a few years back with bastien and the etnies team(sheckler,janoski,arto,rune) his skating was nothing but jaw dropping at demo's, parks and most importantly in the streets.
i never got the impression that he was ego driven or full of himself, he was just a super talented confident skater and kinda kept to himself......nothing wrong with that. he sort of seemed on the outer circle with his travelling pro's.

i did get the impression from his team mates that he was making them all look like shit, due to his abilities and insane consistancy, making any other pro seem useless in a demo environment.

he was always one of my favourites and his instant "kick-out" from the industry was a bummer.......wasn't it flip, etnies, quiksilver, fury all in one swoop, and who was on all those brands with him.........ARTO! another one of my favourites but it's shitty to aid in sponsor assassination, considering once bastien was out of the picture he left all those same brands shortly after anyway.

i hope bastien makes it to street league, he could be a serious threat.

Bastien was making american pros look irrelevant. look at how he came up and how he was living out here and where he is from, look at videos like "they don't give a fuck about us" and put the pieces together. dude did it for the love of the game not for money anyways and is still to this day one of the most amazing people to step on a board. who do you think Nyjah has been studying all along?? get this man in street league and watch the rating go up. I wouldn't point fingers to any one person for the industry turning there backs on him, just let him back in.

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
You won't need a petition, Dyrdek is impressed with his video and the votes don't choose the skater. a panel and Rob make the final decision, we can all assume that this panel either won't know or give a fuck about albert nyberg

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »
How/when/where do we vote for Bastien? If it's done via facebook likes i won't be able to participate.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
Okay, guis, we need to rally together and NOT buy flip boards until the '06 bastien tapes resurface
. . . .

Shouldn't be a problem as I don't buy them now anyway. 

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
i did a two week skate tour a few years back with bastien and the etnies team(sheckler,janoski,arto,rune) his skating was nothing but jaw dropping at demo's, parks and most importantly in the streets.
i never got the impression that he was ego driven or full of himself, he was just a super talented confident skater and kinda kept to himself......nothing wrong with that. he sort of seemed on the outer circle with his travelling pro's.

i did get the impression from his team mates that he was making them all look like shit, due to his abilities and insane consistancy, making any other pro seem useless in a demo environment.

he was always one of my favourites and his instant "kick-out" from the industry was a bummer.......wasn't it flip, etnies, quiksilver, fury all in one swoop, and who was on all those brands with him.........ARTO! another one of my favourites but it's shitty to aid in sponsor assassination, considering once bastien was out of the picture he left all those same brands shortly after anyway.

i hope bastien makes it to street league, he could be a serious threat.

Bastien was making american pros look irrelevant. look at how he came up and how he was living out here and where he is from, look at videos like "they don't give a fuck about us" and put the pieces together. dude did it for the love of the game not for money anyways and is still to this day one of the most amazing people to step on a board. who do you think Nyjah has been studying all along?? get this man in street league and watch the rating go up. I wouldn't point fingers to any one person for the industry turning there backs on him, just let him back in.

[close]

woah, you also went on a 2 week tour with etnies?

Swishersweetswag

• Rep: -2
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
Bastien is too rad. Still love his sorry part. Did industry heads really think bastien was a kook?

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
. . . .

this is amazing.

Only good flip board is a shane cross board   RIP