Author Topic: dickies - slim straight  (Read 17614 times)

pile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
dickies - slim straight
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
alright, i know this is a very cliche slap guy thing to get but, i'm going for it. those skinny straight ones look a little intense, even though i do generally wear a pant that slim, those ones just look awkward.

my question is, do the waistbands have any give at all? as well, the rinsed wash ones, what's the deal with those? please forgive me for i am just being cautious as i have to mail order them.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
Re: dickies - slim straight
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
I plan on getting a pair soo too and I'm wondering how slim they are. I don't want another pair of skinny pants but I don't want baggy shit either

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
ordering online with dickies isn't your best bet, the fit can vary from every pair. 

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
I've had 3 pairs of the slim straights. One khaki, two other pairs black (for work). The khaki ones were like regular dickies. The ones for work are slimmer. They're not tight unless you have massive legs. Take Gnarwhal's advice. Go fit a store that sells dickies and try them on.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:03:46 PM by The Poster Formerly Known As Crass »

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »
I've had 3 pairs of the slim straights. One khaki, two other pairs black (for work). The khaki ones were like regular dickies. The ones for work are slimmer. They're not tight unless you have massive legs. Take Gnarwhal's advice. Go fit a store that sells dickies and try them on.

i would like to but i honestly live in the middle of nowhere, and the only place you can find dickie's around here only carries the big fat guy ones. i'll just huck a pair, i can deal with blowing 25 bucks if they don't fit me.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i would like to but i honestly live in the middle of nowhere, and the only place you can find dickie's around here only carries the big fat guy ones. i'll just huck a pair, i can deal with blowing 25 bucks if they don't fit me.
Why not ask the store if they order you a pair your size or if they will get a shipment in?

LoserMachine

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
if you plan on skating in them my slims dont have much stretch to them, but my 874s have lots of it.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
if you plan on skating in them my slims dont have much stretch to them, but my 874s have lots of it.

yeah it's just the waist i'm more concerned about. i've got thin legs so i'm sure that by the looks of the slim straight, i'll have some room to maneuver. as for crass' post, i have to drive 45 minutes both ways to get to the store, it's just not worth the hassle.

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:35 AM »
yeah there's not much give to the waist, i'd recommend ordering a size up.  I typically always fit in 32's but for dickies I go 33's or 34's.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
the 874s fit me kind of baggy but the slim straights i feel like fit just like standard fit jeans, not baggy or really skinny

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:58 AM »
The slim straight 874's still have a lot of room for being labeled "slim" - it's def a nice fit, I'd order the slim straights over the straights for sure.  

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »
i highly recommend against the dickies slim straights. they run big in the waist and have a super low rise and arent even very slim in the legs.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »
they sure do run big - I've a few pairs of them and having lost some weight recently had them taken in.  Upon measuring the fuckers were all between 2" - 3" larger than their stated waist size.

I put this down to them being 'merrican and y'all a bunch of fatties

dankradschwag

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 05:22:15 AM »
dickies pants always be fucking up my balls and be hella itchy and dont stretch. dont buy them

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
I think the 874's fit best as well. The main problem i've always had with dickies is when i set down the button part always shifts over so when i get up my pants fall down. That one post where the dude on here types of what color fits what skater was amazing anyone know where that was?

Mr.Hamfist

• Rep: 7
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 01:26:46 AM »
I think the 874's fit best as well. The main problem i've always had with dickies is when i set down the button part always shifts over so when i get up my pants fall down. That one post where the dude on here types of what color fits what skater was amazing anyone know where that was?

I've been conducting a good amount of research lately, jus peeping skater's in their natural habitats, and I've found that one can tell a lot about the skateboarder based on what color dickies they prefer. I will share my findings in hope that we can all understand ourselves and others a little better.

Black: This is the choice color of the modest skater, who none-the-less desires to be somewhat fashionable, but not dylan fashionable, more like heath kirchart fashionable. You can find them in a variety of settings, they tend to lurk a little harder than others, and their cool outer persona masks a deep and emotional inner world. They often prefer the slim ones too.

Blue: The blue dickies are like the most common it seems, they could be the "gateway dickies" that former a jeans wearer chooses. They are also synonymous with the blue collar life style, so skaters who prefer them are also likely to enjoy tranny, cheep beer, working in mail rooms, and squalid living conditions. There are less obvious ties with punk music and Jason Dill.

Brown: Those who choose to rep browns are signifying ties to a prominent gang of skaters/artists. They are like the Crips of cellar doors. Key members are Kevin Coakley, Anthony Poppalardo, and Bobby Puleo. However, I should note that apparently Julien Stranger owns more than 50% of the stock in brown dickies (NASDAQ DBD).

Khaki: The preferred color of Dirts. If a skater owns even one pair, you can assume they have connections, however remote, to Florida.

Green: The least common color, green dickies are sort of ambiguous. Basically they are most similar to brown in what they symbolize, but since they harken to the days of army surplus pants and cargo pants, wearers signal an underlying alliance with '90s skate values.

Gray: Gray is a shade not a color, it is the midway between white and black, it represents harmony. In skateboarding it also represents the unity between scumbag hill bomber hesh-dog and '90s hip-hop ledge/manual technician. Think Rob Welsh.

That weird torquoise/green/blue-gray garbage man color: I haven't seen many skateboarders wear that color, it is like that weird color that crust punks and homeless joes wear. They are the most common color in Salvation Army. If you see a skater wearing those ones it is recommended that you act with caution, as they may turn out to be Duane Peters.

This concludes my research and I hope you come away with at least one bit of knowledge that you can apply to your local homoscape. And if you see someone with a skateboard who is just lurking there, not skating but watching other men while he sits alone like a faggot, dont worry. It's just me and my black dickies.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
Avoid unless your legs are shaped like 2x4's

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
well alright so, what is a good alternative to these pants then? i'm receiving too many mixed messages. heard good things about those altamont chinos.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
well alright so, what is a good alternative to these pants then? i'm receiving too many mixed messages. heard good things about those altamont chinos.
I got my pair yesterday and I'm really liking them. They fit really good, not skinny but not baggy, and are very comfy. I'd recommend them for sure

Homeless Prostitute

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 12:47:18 AM »
picked up a pair of habitat pants recently, similar fit to slim dickies and they just feel great to wear, stretchy and roomy, but still kinda slim
tiny knob mob

NegativeCreep

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 08:40:16 AM »
I got a few pairs on sale after hearing about how good they are on here. They look nice but wouldn't recommend for skating, scrunch my boys something fierce when pushing or doing tricks. Also get a weird tightness after a bit of sweat. The search for skate pants continues.

theycallmeishmael

• Rep: -2
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »
You should all try out Domestics if you have the means

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »
The Davis slims where to baggy for me, i cut them into shorts for the summer.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »

i found some davis slims over the weekend and bought them, and man, are the sizes ever off on those pants. i bought a 30 and the waist is fucking huge. hoping the waist will shrink up a bit because the pants are actually pretty damn nice, don't mind a bit of extra room but these are really off.

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »
slim straight dickies are all ive been wearing lately. i have two pairs, a 30x32 and a 32x34. the 30x32's are alot tighter and flood alot and the 32x34's fit more like 874's.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

I got mine a size down and they were perfect.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
Lately I've just been buying whatevers cheapest at wal-mart that doesn't fit too baggy or weird. I found these khaki's made by some company called George; only ten bucks a pair and they don't fit all that bad at all as long as you buy the original fit. They fit real similar to Dickies, except minus that stiff/creased look that so many people are into, which is probably the only downside.

tubesock666

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »
Get 874 orignal fit not washed or rinsed trust me

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got mine a size down and they were perfect.

where do you figure they are making the measurements at? that button on the inside? or the little metal flap thing on the zipper?

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »
with all these mixed reviews, I'm a little hesitant to order the slim straights. they just look super comfy.