Author Topic: dickies - slim straight  (Read 17615 times)

Dontkickshitfoot

Re: dickies - slim straight
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »
is there any difference in the ring spun slim straights?

yobzobbler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »
with all these mixed reviews, I'm a little hesitant to order the slim straights. they just look super comfy.

lol what

Dickies are the polar opposites of comfort - people buy them for the durability. "They look so comfortable"/"These are so comfy" is so unnaturally tossed around whenever people talk of any garment - and I know it's a big deciding factor in purchase - that it kinda makes me wonder what everyone's definition of comfort is. Mine: Mesh shorts are comfortable. Jeans are not comfortable, and never will be. That said, I will wear jeans 9/10 any given day.

Hi, this is my opinion!

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »

NewDickies are the polar opposites of comfort - people buy them for the durability.

once you wear the fuckers in they're pretty damn comfy

NegativeCreep

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »

the rinsed aka washed ones don't have creases, which i like. not as baggy.
the herringbone colors are kinda weird and not what you'd expect.

my previous review may have been a bit harsh as i enjoy skating in the rinsed pair i have. seems getting the perfect size and fit is essential to skating comfort. so you should really find a place to try them on before you buy. check the retail locator at the bottom of the dickies site. they have good customer service too, told me some places i could find them in my area that the site doesn't show.

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the rinsed aka washed ones don't have creases, which i like. not as baggy.
the herringbone colors are kinda weird and not what you'd expect.

my previous review may have been a bit harsh as i enjoy skating in the rinsed pair i have. seems getting the perfect size and fit is essential to skating comfort. so you should really find a place to try them on before you buy. check the retail locator at the bottom of the dickies site. they have good customer service too, told me some places i could find them in my area that the site doesn't show.

I just got a pair of the rinsed black after pretty much only wearing 874's and i fucking love them they stretch alot more than the 874 i feel like but they still have the damn crease

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote
with all these mixed reviews, I'm a little hesitant to order the slim straights. they just look super comfy.
[close]

lol what

Dickies are the polar opposites of comfort - people buy them for the durability. "They look so comfortable"/"These are so comfy" is so unnaturally tossed around whenever people talk of any garment - and I know it's a big deciding factor in purchase - that it kinda makes me wonder what everyone's definition of comfort is. Mine: Mesh shorts are comfortable. Jeans are not comfortable, and never will be. That said, I will wear jeans 9/10 any given day.

Hi, this is my opinion!

fatty.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
I just got a pair of the rinsed black after pretty much only wearing 874's and i fucking love them they stretch alot more than the 874 i feel like but they still have the damn crease

weird i got rinsed brown ones off the site and they came with a tag saying they were the washed fit and they have no creases. when in doubt call them and ask the lady I talked to was pretty knowledgeable about the pants. I'm curios about whether the jeans are worth a try.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »
I would say that if you like how jeans feel, you'll probably like dickies too. Even if you still think they're stiff or whatever, a wash or two softens them up nicely. The crease on mine is pretty much gone after the first wash.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
swearin by those altamont davis slim's now. order a size down though if you don't want to wear a belt.

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 01:04:31 AM »
swearin by those altamont davis slim's now. order a size down though if you don't want to wear a belt.

honestly Ive had two pairs of the regular davis and the first pairs crotch blew out in a few months and my other ones i ripped the knee out of side swiping a rose bush. they're definitely comfier than a motherfucker, and im most likely gonna another pair. but if you plain on skating in them theyre gonna blow out pretty quick.

chowder.

• Rep: -11
  • falcon stomp your face first try...bitch
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
I really like my pair. Durable and comfortable.
skate or whatever.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »
For real, brown is the best color they make but it's hard as fuck to find them in 30/34.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:19 AM »
DC chinos are amazing. Maybe a little more expensive, but worth it for sure. Ive bought two pairs on sale, and have been wearing pretty much only those for the last few months.

S.E.

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 04:42:25 PM »
anyone try the slim fit flat front pants? They look like a different material than normal dickies...

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
i got the slim flat fronts theyre tight. fit like the slim straights, but the material just feels thinner. that being said they arent as expensive either. they still hold up real well tho. my only complaint with dickies is why they hafta make the leg opening so fucking big

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
well alright so, what is a good alternative to these pants then? i'm receiving too many mixed messages. heard good things about those altamont chinos.
personally im kind of over the davis pant. best pants ive ever skated in are the collective slim fit from fourstar, but if youre not into slims they have a bunch more colors and fits. i also skate carrolls chino, straight slim and tons of stretch

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
I scooped up a pair of the skinny, double knee, work pants awhile ago: http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-pants/Skinny-Straight-Fit-Double-Knee-Work-Pant-WP811.jsp.

They are the only Dickies that I am aware of that have stretch material so I figured they would be pretty comfortable and I assumed figured Dickies definition of skinny would probably be a lot looser than most brands. Not so much.  These fuckers are skinny and taper at the bottom.  They are really comfortable to skate in but I am a bigger dude and I don't really do the skinny pants thing so they are pretty much in the Moped and Fat Girl category for me in that they are fun to ride but I really hope nobody sees me doing it.

If they had the slims in stretch with a double knee than they would probably be the perfect skate pant.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »
What stores stock Dickies? My local walmart only has the khaki's in one style, I'm looking to try some models/colors and shit.

apad88

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 03:25:13 AM »
What stores stock Dickies? My local walmart only has the khaki's in one style, I'm looking to try some models/colors and shit.
Surplus/Army stores

ClockinMath

• Rep: -1
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 06:42:18 AM »

Picked up a dark navy pair of 873 slim straights from Sears. Though the only colors they had were dark navy, khaki, and black. Kohl's is supposed to carry Dickies also.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
Rad. Thanks dudes.

micky682

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
Just bought a pair of 874s in 30 30, but they keeping going up to my belly button and it feels weird when I bend as if trying a trick. I've had a pair of 873s in 30 30 and they felt fine. Should I size up or is that how 874s fit?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 04:27:25 AM »
Just bought a pair of 874s in 30 30, but they keeping going up to my belly button and it feels weird when I bend as if trying a trick. I've had a pair of 873s in 30 30 and they felt fine. Should I size up or is that how 874s fit?
That's how they fit, the 874's sit slightly higher on the waist. To me, they feel perfect once you find the right size, the 873's are kind of hit-and-miss. My black pair fit perfect after a few washes, but my other pair are super uncomfortable and give me constant wedgies. It's pretty much trial and error with dickies.

micky682

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's how they fit, the 874's sit slightly higher on the waist. To me, they feel perfect once you find the right size, the 873's are kind of hit-and-miss. My black pair fit perfect after a few washes, but my other pair are super uncomfortable and give me constant wedgies. It's pretty much trial and error with dickies.
I'm kinda ok with them sitting higher on the waist, but when I bend down as if doing a trick it hits my stomach and it feels just weird. Might it just be me being a bit heavier or does it go away after wear?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 08:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm kinda ok with them sitting higher on the waist, but when I bend down as if doing a trick it hits my stomach and it feels just weird. Might it just be me being a bit heavier or does it go away after wear?

This is exactly why people like Dickies so much, the high waistband makes it easier to conceal raging boners without hitting passerbys.  That's why they are called "Dickies" and not "Pussies".

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
They do tend to stretch out a bit after a while, or you can always go a size up in the waist. Always try them on before you buy, no two pairs are really ever alike.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
They do tend to stretch out a bit after a while, or you can always go a size up in the waist. Always try them on before you buy, no two pairs are really ever alike.
That is true. A while back I bought a black pair and a khaki pair of 874s in 32 30. The black pair fit perfectly and were real comfortable, but the khaki pair was super tight around the waist and crotch area, felt more like a 30 30. Lesson is: always try on a pair before you buy.

kookedoutlurk

• Rep: -14
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
If any of you guys like slim fitting chino pants that are good for skating in I would recommend dockers alpha khaki. Got a size up because I like my pants a little baggy and they are amazing.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
If any of you guys like slim fitting chino pants that are good for skating in I would recommend dockers alpha khaki. Got a size up because I like my pants a little baggy and they are amazing.
How's the stretch on them?

liahoop9595

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
So dockers has a skate team?