Author Topic: John Fitzgerald Off Zero  (Read 135059 times)

miff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: John Fitzgerald Off Zero
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That nobody gets on workshop, we have rules about who getslooked at, yada yada yada.  Its out of the new transworld am issue.
[close]

Maybe all Pros and Ams are stoked on Fitzgerald ?  Pretty sure Piscopo isnt calling the shots at AWS
[close]

dills the one who said it not piscopo. if fitzgerald can get on then anyone can get on. you just have to be average at skating and know how to clean out dills asshole with your mouth. piscopo had the potential to be one the best so i get why hes on but i just dont see that with fitzgerald.

also his comment about workshop changing riders and not the otherway around is utter bullshit. workshop goes through generations where one or two riders basically captain the ship. it was blenders workshop for memory screen then dyrdeks for timecode then kalis' for photosynthesis and then kirchart's for mind field. now its dill and AVEs turn to captain the ship and basically mold it to what they want. he can deny that but it is true.

I don't know, maybe youre right and one or two guys can influence the direction but I don't think it's at all as deliberate as you may think. Dyrdek wasn't the dude he is now around the time Timecode came out. Wouldn't Lenny Kirk have been more of the influential one? Same for Heath during Mind Field... That dude had to be an inspiration to the rest of the team, but again I don't think Heath would take on the roll of captain, as you put it.

I think Dill just talks a lot. He's been on forever now and seems to care quite a bit about the brand still to this day. I don't know what woke him up, be he's been killing it since Mind Field came out.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
has anyone said how this kid looks like ian mackaye yet

dankradschwag

« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That nobody gets on workshop, we have rules about who getslooked at, yada yada yada.  Its out of the new transworld am issue.
[close]

Maybe all Pros and Ams are stoked on Fitzgerald ?  Pretty sure Piscopo isnt calling the shots at AWS
[close]

dills the one who said it not piscopo. if fitzgerald can get on then anyone can get on. you just have to be average at skating and know how to clean out dills asshole with your mouth. piscopo had the potential to be one the best so i get why hes on but i just dont see that with fitzgerald.

also his comment about workshop changing riders and not the otherway around is utter bullshit. workshop goes through generations where one or two riders basically captain the ship. it was blenders workshop for memory screen then dyrdeks for timecode then kalis' for photosynthesis and then kirchart's for mind field. now its dill and AVEs turn to captain the ship and basically mold it to what they want. he can deny that but it is true.
[close]

I don't know, maybe youre right and one or two guys can influence the direction but I don't think it's at all as deliberate as you may think. Dyrdek wasn't the dude he is now around the time Timecode came out. Wouldn't Lenny Kirk have been more of the influential one? Same for Heath during Mind Field... That dude had to be an inspiration to the rest of the team, but again I don't think Heath would take on the roll of captain, as you put it.

I think Dill just talks a lot. He's been on forever now and seems to care quite a bit about the brand still to this day. I don't know what woke him up, be he's been killing it since Mind Field came out.

I met Berra he said AVE and Dill were trying to get him kicked off for five years before it finally happened. Also, Berra was an okay dude.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

God damn you're right

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #544 on: August 17, 2012, 02:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That nobody gets on workshop, we have rules about who getslooked at, yada yada yada. ? Its out of the new transworld am issue.
[close]

Maybe all Pros and Ams are stoked on Fitzgerald ? ? Pretty sure Piscopo isnt calling the shots at AWS
[close]

[close]

[close]

I met Berra he said AVE and Dill were trying to get him kicked off for five years before it finally happened. Also, Berra was an okay dude.
Fuck yeah AVE and Dill!

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #545 on: August 17, 2012, 02:54:31 AM »
So Berra spoke negatively about the two guys that got rid of his cornball do nothing ass, while making himself look like a good guy?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »

ontheswarm

« Reply #547 on: August 18, 2012, 12:07:41 AM »
Hopefully they introduce him to alien soon. Would like to see a welcome video with some new footage.

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #548 on: August 18, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
zero is still relevant in skateboarding? why is this thread 20 pages long and who the fuck is John Fitzgerald

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #549 on: August 18, 2012, 07:01:43 AM »
zero is still relevant in skateboarding? why is this thread 20 pages long and who the fuck is John Fitzgerald

Yes.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #550 on: August 18, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »

425 POSTS ON SLAP and you don't know him? wtf

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
It's official: John Fitz is up for AWS's KOTR Draft.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #552 on: August 20, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
for those questioning him getting on because of his skating:

this has already bu posted in this thread im sure but fuck it

and this is a shop part!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
^^^That front blunt at Delores Park is so sick.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #554 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »

Fucking Christ, finally some confirmation

kellen

« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »

fuck yeah!

BleachBeach

• Rep: -5
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
That Pawnshop part is footage that would have been in Cold War.

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
that pawnshop footage was fuckin sick

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »

I don't fully recall, but I believe there were long political debates concerning zero/blackbox and a connection to white supremacy; then the civil war and what the politicians at the time truly wanted; then the economy; also something about how gilbert crockett changed his clothes somewhere along the line. Am I missing something? A lot of it was well thought out gipper rants that for the most part I didn't read.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »
And when zero gets that terrorist looking dude...no one gives a shit....

nonstripedzebra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »
This is great news, im stoked. Super good pick up for AWS. Not to get ahead of myself but im thinking one day Fitzgerald could be skater of the year. That guy looks amazing on a skateboard. Now a welcome part.

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
fucking stoked, dude deserves it and seems to fit right in the workshop, i decreasingly give a fuck about zero too

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #562 on: August 21, 2012, 08:42:23 AM »

They will

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #563 on: August 22, 2012, 03:03:19 AM »
So what's going to happen with the footage that would've been used in Cold War? Was all of it used in that Pawnshop video?

Harem

« Reply #564 on: August 22, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »

Ha.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #565 on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
So... anybody have conclusive evidence why Fitz is off Zero? I don't really want to dig through the political debates from earlier.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #566 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
So... anybody have conclusive evidence why Fitz is off Zero? I don't really want to dig through the political debates from earlier.

He was over it, and saw an opportunity to ride for Workshop since he skates with some of the Alien dudes.