Author Topic: Brick Harbor  (Read 13536 times)

BrickHarbor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Re: Brick Harbor
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
By the way SFA, I'm not a big wig at Brick Harbor or anything, I've been skating for 11 years in England. I'm unemployed and I'm trying to gain sales so I can actually get product so i can keep on skating.
This ain't no sob story, just telling it how it is.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick to see that they're focusing more on skating, not like all the other fashion sites
[close]

what are you talking about?

Brick harbor is just another extension of karmaloop. They're just selling skate brands to make more dough. 
[close]

actually most of the staff skate and I mean actually skate and they are paying their team well and doing original content so, yes they want to make money, but they are doing some cool shit.

they also carry a lot of harder to find brands! Hopps, Blueprint, Stacks, Waters and Army, Raw, ect.

[close]

you know as well as i, the only reason they're carrying waters and army... so, this one doesn't really count in your defense of them them carrying "cool" brands.
[close]

I understand what you're saying but even if you take that brand out they are still doing more to support small brands than ccs or active. Places like that are part of whats wrong with skating right now, if its not nike, blanb, real, girl, or baker it doesnt matter and that sucks. a mail order of all things should be a place to find the things you can't find locally and I think they are trying hard to do that. Hell, I know for a fact that they are trying to do that.

I obviously know who you're talking about but you need to put what ever differences you have with him aside and realize that good dudes are trying to make something rad over there!

also, if you want to get the discount and support a slap pal use SFA as the code.

sfa, just used your rep code. do they take it down to 10% if i've already used it once? only saved $8 this time, still grateful either way though.

A.J.K.

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick to see that they're focusing more on skating, not like all the other fashion sites
[close]

what are you talking about?

Brick harbor is just another extension of karmaloop. They're just selling skate brands to make more dough. 
[close]

actually most of the staff skate and I mean actually skate and they are paying their team well and doing original content so, yes they want to make money, but they are doing some cool shit.

they also carry a lot of harder to find brands! Hopps, Blueprint, Stacks, Waters and Army, Raw, ect.

[close]

you know as well as i, the only reason they're carrying waters and army... so, this one doesn't really count in your defense of them them carrying "cool" brands.
[close]

I understand what you're saying but even if you take that brand out they are still doing more to support small brands than ccs or active. Places like that are part of whats wrong with skating right now, if its not nike, blanb, real, girl, or baker it doesnt matter and that sucks. a mail order of all things should be a place to find the things you can't find locally and I think they are trying hard to do that. Hell, I know for a fact that they are trying to do that.

I obviously know who you're talking about but you need to put what ever differences you have with him aside and realize that good dudes are trying to make something rad over there!

also, if you want to get the discount and support a slap pal use SFA as the code.

[close]

sfa, just used your rep code. do they take it down to 10% if i've already used it once? only saved $8 this time, still grateful either way though.
Also used your code a little over a week ago, only a couple dollars off, but still.  Thanks for putting it up.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
Rep Program Video on Vimeo

this is just wrong, you say stevies williams backs you and then you get him to star in a video to advertise your shit and make him look like a clown

"hey check out how loose his jeans are"
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

hekkahyphy

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
but on some real....use rep code hekkafrugle for a chip off yo mofuggin total!

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
I'll use your rep code for a blowjob

hekkahyphy

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »
By the way SFA, I'm not a big wig at Brick Harbor or anything, I've been skating for 11 years in England. I'm unemployed and I'm trying to gain sales so I can actually get product so i can keep on skating.

nvm use his cause id probably just spend it all on button ups and chukka skates

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

you could just use a new code everytime, there are plenty..

kev20

or fran88 which is some sneaker dudes.. or just youtube karmaloop rep code

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
if the people who use the site for ordering who post on this board were all to make one, we could pretty much just endlessly get a good discount.  ;)

iamchuckbass

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
sounds sooooo sick!

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone like this. Are you saying its impossible to find a job or something? Or do you feel like you're too good to work some piece of shit job for some extra cash?

anyways sfa>>>>>>>>>>>>>BrickHarbor

Ollie Fakie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:22 PM »
At least the stickers look cool.

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »
DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU SLEEP

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone like this. Are you saying its impossible to find a job or something? Or do you feel like you're too good to work some piece of shit job for some extra cash?

anyways sfa>>>>>>>>>>>>>BrickHarbor

oh fuck, nevermind
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:21:35 AM by Deekay »

Wrecks&Effects

• Rep: 7
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
Well it seems as though people are being brain washed into thinking Brick Harbor is a good thing. Sure the dudes who run it skate and are well know dudes on the East, but long story short they are a mail order BUSINESS. They are tossing around money all over the place. Skate Team, Ads in TWS and Lowcard...Trying to market to all kinds?? Nice. Selling small skate brands...nice. Pretty sure all the shops that carry any small brands offer those brands online. Look at any company and they should have a shop listing...So this mail order "helping" small brands are just hurting the small shops that carry those brands. Let’s also not forget about SPOT. Come on if you are going to support any big business mailorder why not a company like SPOT that has been helping skating for 15 plus years. Not Karmaloop. Support local skate shops. That’s all that matters, IF you don’t have a local shop, just pick any small shop and use their mail order. Then it will be your local shop. FUCK your promo codes. Brick Harbor, CCS, Active they don’t need your money. Small independent business's do. SUCK IT!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 08:16:08 AM »
the reason i use brick harbor for ordering is for small brands or items that are super tough to find in my area. most online shops won't even send stuff up to canada, and the majority of those that do, have restrictions as to what brands they can actually ship up here.

use the code - pile - if you decide to do any shopping there  8)

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »
all i wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom in a small independent business's boom boom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZrcteE3hpA
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Well it seems as though people are being brain washed into thinking Brick Harbor is a good thing. Sure the dudes who run it skate and are well know dudes on the East, but long story short they are a mail order BUSINESS. They are tossing around money all over the place. Skate Team, Ads in TWS and Lowcard...Trying to market to all kinds?? Nice. Selling small skate brands...nice. Pretty sure all the shops that carry any small brands offer those brands online. Look at any company and they should have a shop listing...So this mail order "helping" small brands are just hurting the small shops that carry those brands. Let?s also not forget about SPOT. Come on if you are going to support any big business mailorder why not a company like SPOT that has been helping skating for 15 plus years. Not Karmaloop. Support local skate shops. That?s all that matters, IF you don?t have a local shop, just pick any small shop and use their mail order. Then it will be your local shop. FUCK your promo codes. Brick Harbor, CCS, Active they don?t need your money. Small independent business's do. SUCK IT!
Well Put.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Private Dancer

• Rep: -3
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:55 PM »
Well it seems as though people are being brain washed into thinking Brick Harbor is a good thing. Sure the dudes who run it skate and are well know dudes on the East, but long story short they are a mail order BUSINESS. They are tossing around money all over the place. Skate Team, Ads in TWS and Lowcard...Trying to market to all kinds?? Nice. Selling small skate brands...nice. Pretty sure all the shops that carry any small brands offer those brands online. Look at any company and they should have a shop listing...So this mail order "helping" small brands are just hurting the small shops that carry those brands. Let?s also not forget about SPOT. Come on if you are going to support any big business mailorder why not a company like SPOT that has been helping skating for 15 plus years. Not Karmaloop. Support local skate shops. That?s all that matters, IF you don?t have a local shop, just pick any small shop and use their mail order. Then it will be your local shop. FUCK your promo codes. Brick Harbor, CCS, Active they don?t need your money. Small independent business's do. SUCK IT!

agreed. You can buy still online from a brick and mortr shop. The guys might be skaters but this is definitely has to be backed by some corpo type money. those small brands mentioned are sort of the fashion skate brands anyway.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »

Just from the devil's advocate side of things, why not blame the small brands (they are small businesses too)??  they are the ones who are selling to these businesses....so in theory, the actual brand is the one who is the initiator in support.  You think it's lame that Brick Harbor carries something like (strictly an example) Hopps, but do you think less of Jahmal for selling it to them???  Or are you psyched that he's getting his brand out there and people that don't have a local shop etc, have an opportunity to support the brand??

I'm not disagreeing with your point, I just think that ALL sides of it should be looked at. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

teets

• Rep: -23
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
id like to know how the Orchard dudes feel about a "core" mailorder business moving in on their territory...

i guess ive been blessed with skateshops that carry good shit being within driving distance of me this whole time (Shelter, Garden, Seasons and now FTC/DLX/Mission) but buying anything skate-related ESPECIALLY shoes seems fucking stupid. who the fuck buys a board without being able to step on it first? who buys shoes without being able to try them on? yall are blowing it.
Babe.
Fam.

harry.

• Rep: -2
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
coolest mailorder site. but that still is gay. support your local!
@)))))

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:11 PM »
Coolest mailorder? Thats like saying you prefer the dude giving you aids to be wearing oakley blades.

Wrecks&Effects

• Rep: 7
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »
Stevedave,

I fully agree with that side of the story. And am fully aware that the companies can pass on mail-order/distro and stay organic to grow but I think the companies often times lack the confidence to go at it solo, or they need the money. Or often times, companies just assume that mail-order is for the kids in the Midwest looking for something different. Mail-order can help expose the smaller companies in ways they never could do on their own. Which really sucks. But its a catch 22 I suppose. Hopps is a good example bc I dont think you will see anything new from Hopps in BH...but thats a guess. I guess fuck the world. I live in a world where you want your friends and skate family to do well. But at what costs... Being a "Rep" for BH...Might as well just work at Zumiez or CCS to get your employee discount.

whoknowsbetter

• Rep: -2
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »
well, seems to be a lot of debate about this place but they do have some cool stuff that's harder to find and they have a good deal right now.

I guess if you can support the local guy do that first, but if you can't find it go here and get this deal?

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
while I do back brickharbor for bringing something good to the table in terms of mail order brickharbor.com

consider these guys

http://www.seasonsskateshop.bigcartel.com/

http://orchardshop.bigcartel.com/

http://skateparkoftampa.com/boards

http://theoriesofatlantis.bigcartel.com/
I need a coffee

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »
while I do back brickharbor for bringing something good to the table in terms of mail order brickharbor.com

consider these guys

Thanks for this. Will definitely make some purchases from those shops in the near future.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »
won't be buying from them again. ordered a board and it came in warped.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »

consider these guys

to add to the list:

upriseskateshop.com

thepremierstore.com

and theres cowtown and libery too.

i dont know whats going on at SPOT but i looked at their site a couple days ago and there was a bunch of bmx shit. i immediately left

hekkahyphy

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »
soo i ordered something the twenty fifth and it still hasnt even left they warehouse...never again