Author Topic: Thrasher video player  (Read 2429 times)

Phil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
Thrasher video player
« on: December 08, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
All videos on the Thrasher site have stopped working for me, and Im forced to watch everything on their youtube channel.  The play button can be pressed but then it just leaves the first frame there and nothing loads or plays.

Has anyone ever had this problem and found a solution?

Also does anyone know how to download a video off their site even if no download option is given?

galaxies

Re: Thrasher video player
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:34:20 PM »
Hah, i had the same problem as you. Are you using firefox with adblock? Go to a thrasher video page, where the play button is. When youre on that page, click adblock and then click 'disable on thrashermagazine.com' after restarting firefox you should be good to go. If you're using a different browser, see if you can disable adblocking on thrashermagazine.com somehow on it.

In regards to downloading thrasher videos: you actually can't, they use this stupid player which actually streams the videos from multiple addresses at once, and then the player puts it back together. If you wait until they post it on their youtube channel, you can use keepvid or something similiar to get them that way.

They used to put a "Download MP4" link on their site with EVERY video up until about a year ago....... really sucks.

Phil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
I just figured it out. Im using Chrome and just had to clear my browsing history.

Goddam shame about the .mp4 file.

Thanks a lot for the insight!

North

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
hello first post test