Author Topic: Raleigh, NC  (Read 3882 times)

Big EVOL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Raleigh, NC
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
Hey guys, I'm possibly gonna be in Raleigh at the end of July and have no idea of anything to skate down there. Anybody from North Carolina know of some good spots? I Googled some stuff and came across the Project 58 skatepark, other than that I'm having trouble finding anything descriptive or with pictures. I'll be staying in Cary which I'm told is an adjacent suburb. Is there a convenient public transportation system down there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:32:16 PM by Big EVOL »

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Raleigh, NC
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
cary has some things here and there.

go to nc state university, or downtown raleigh. i recommend at night.

Lance "Crackers" walters

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
I live in cackalacka and i found some chill spots in Chapel Hill recently but not ral. There is a dope shop called endless grind. If you wana skate some time Hmu Im always lookin for some adventuring.

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
About to make a trip down there, anyone know where that silver rail is that everyone skates and where that yellow angle iron ledge is?  Thanks!

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
Durham Plaza on Rigsbee ave and Marsh Creek in east Raleigh are two fun free outdoor concrete parks.  The Durham Courthouse is a famous spot that you can push to from the Durham park.  Also just pushing around downtown Durham for a bit and you'll find some decent stuff to skate like Wallie Street.  Not an actual street but an alley with some planters with steep banks on the sides that are fun.  Both UNC and NC State are covered in spots.  At UNC ask where the new Oral Health building is or the bookstore is a good spot.  Just down the street from UNC campus on Rand St. off of South Greensboro Street.  There's a great foundation spot that some locals dudes built with quarters, a nice wall ride, a china bank, ledges, and a flat round rail. 

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »
Wow, thanks a lot tic-tacker!  I'll definitely check that stuff out.  Have been going through and watching the Post 22 vids and have found a lot of stuff I was looking for.  Raleigh looks like a good time!  Thanks for the help and if youre ever looking for spots in the D.C./Richmond area let me know and Ill help.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 07:28:52 AM »
Heading to wake forest to see some family. Whats the skinny on a spot or that fucking indoor skatepark?
I know raleigh/durham are just around the corner and bountiful, but most likely will be wake for the weekend.
Thanks

dam

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
Heading to wake forest to see some family. Whats the skinny on a spot or that fucking indoor skatepark?
I know raleigh/durham are just around the corner and bountiful, but most likely will be wake for the weekend.
Thanks
The high school I think used to have ledges/stair/little stair rail but I think they remodeled it. The skatepark is designed for 9 year old midgets but can be fun to dick around. If you go downtown and follow the main street out of it towards the BP youll see basically a little ghetto on the right side before you hit the hood store, if you go into it at the back is a bombed out school that has some stuff in it. I haven't been to WF in a few years so it might not be there. If you want the full WF experience though you should do some heroin and break into cars.

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »
I lived there in the early 90's, big pants small wheel days. Had lots of spots. I used to work at the Char-Grill burger joint. Hillsboro St was so rad back then.  But its been a few years since I was there. I did a rad skate trip there for my 40th Birthday. Skated a ditch, street, park, backyard bowl and backyard vert ramp, got tattooed and then drank all the beer in Raleigh. Be careful if you drink beer at the Marsh Creek park. The cops almost arrested us. Guess they were mad that we were drinking beer at 9:30am, I dont know.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 05:57:37 PM »
yo going to apex park tonight any pals there holla
ill have a scumco under my feet and a white hat on my head  :-*