Author Topic: Watch Dogs  (Read 2551 times)

frisco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Watch Dogs
« on: June 04, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »
Don't know anything about it, console? It looks too sharp, maybe PC

However, the gameplay looks sick as fuck. Sort of like Deus Ex and a watered down Max Payne 3

Watch Dogs - Game Demo Video [UK]

yobzobbler

• Rep: -21
Re: Watch Dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »

You're kind of a dolt - nothing this high-budget would be PC exclusive. You can't argue for high-players like Half-Life 3 as they're coming from a different era of PC gaming.... for a new IP like this, it's definitely going to branch out in every possible direction. PC might be included, but consoles are the fucking priority when it comes to making money. Don't fool yourself in buying any PC idealism bullshit about it being the superior format.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »
you're kind of a person. PC > console.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're kind of a dolt - nothing this high-budget would be PC exclusive. You can't argue for high-players like Half-Life 3 as they're coming from a different era of PC gaming.... for a new IP like this, it's definitely going to branch out in every possible direction. PC might be included, but consoles are the fucking priority when it comes to making money. Don't fool yourself in buying any PC idealism bullshit about it being the superior format.

Well little do you know, you are a faggot.

I dont know anything about the game. You do not know anything about the game. Only that its "high budget". Its being distro'd by Ubisoft so I can easily assume that its console, I just dont know. If so then that demo wasn't console or thats easily the best looking, smoothest game on a console.

And don't fool yourself, PC gaming is exceeding consoles everyday, and will continue to. That will not make me go out and buy a gaming PC, I dont like gaming on PCs anyway. The PS3 is plenty powerful for me  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:07:27 AM by frisco »

foureyedjim

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:10 AM »
looks like an amazing game.  Although I can already imagine the game being only fun during the missions.  Hopefully there's plenty of goofy shit I can do once I complete the storyline.

yobzobbler

• Rep: -21
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well little do you know, you are a faggot.

I dont know anything about the game. You do not know anything about the game. Only that its "high budget". Its being distro'd by Ubisoft so I can easily assume that its console, I just dont know. If so then that demo wasn't console or thats easily the best looking, smoothest game on a console.

And don't fool yourself, PC gaming is exceeding consoles everyday, and will continue to. That will not make me go out and buy a gaming PC, I dont like gaming on PCs anyway. The PS3 is plenty powerful for me 

Thanks for contributing? There's not really much you had to say aside from a little self-promotion of your non-bias and an obvious aptitude for arguing for the sake of arguing - but not positing anything. 

High-profile, big-budget games hyped previously: Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption. All new IP's, all branched out to all possible venues sans RDR. You're lying to yourself if - regardless of how much a "rising force" PC gaming has become in the industry - you don't think consoles aren't the absolute and utmost priority. It doesn't matter if the PC is a capable sell-base: All proven, you are going to make MORE money on a console.

As for the game looking "too good" for consoles, much the same was said with the last generation. Hardware can be pushed and is never fully taken advantage of - look at Halo 1 compared to Killzone. They both ran on the same hardware. But also, gamers - when constantly, incessantly exposed to games - train their eyes to rife out minutae and find themselves impressed by very minor things. Show this footage, and compare it to a game like Uncharted, to a non-gamer and they're not really going to be able to tell which one is the newer release. We see things we regard as incredible advanced in tech when really we've just allowed ourselves to know where current standards lie and when they're being pushed. There isn't a *significant* difference between these graphexxxx and something like Deus Ex: HR.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
Saw this shit when I was browsing the E3 announcements and my jaw dropped. The environment interactions are so sick (the girl driver catching a stray bullet and her boyfriend/husband in the passenger seat having a meltdown). Between this title, The Last of Us, RE6 and the new Tomb Raider reboot - It's going to be a decent winter for video games.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
Let's get this cleared up. The game will be available for consoles and PC. The gameplay shown at E3 is supposedly console gameplay but there have been reports of most gameplay videos shown this year being pre-recorded on higher setting PC's and the gamer on stage was simply miming the gameplay. This, I think, is most likely the case.

On the console vs PC debate, coming from someone who plays their xbox nearly every day, PC's are superior in nearly every way. Only an idiot would believe otherwise. (I'm not sure if that's what you were getting at Yobzobbler, but if so, you're an idiot.)

PC is becoming a rising force in the gaming industry because of services like Steam, because of more games allowing modding capabilities, because of the incredible rising popularity of indie games (ex. minecraft), because new consoles take so long to release and their hardware is quickly outdated, and because console developers love trying to cash in on the no-mod problem by selling over-priced DLC.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 07:06:50 AM »
I play games exclusively on PC, since I already invested money in it and I'm too cheap to buy a console. Obviously, I'm biased, but I'd say my desktop (which is in no way "top of the line") does just as well, if not better, than any of my friends consoles. Plus, I prefer the mouse+keyboard interface to a controller, since that's what I'm used to.

Codithou, i agree that mods/steam/time it takes to release a new console are all contributing factors to PC's becoming more popular, but the hardware is outdated just as fast on computers. I think the big difference is that on a computer, you can put in a new graphics card, processor, etc. as you see fit. With a console, you're stuck with what you have until the next big thing comes out. That said, PC's will never be good for same-room multiplayer, unless you're having a lan party or some shit. Yobz, the $$$ is definitely in console gaming, but just because you don't game on a PC doesn't mean it's inferior. Can you adjust screen resolution/display settings on a console? I honestly don't know. anyway, different strokes different folks, dickboy.

sorry if this isn't super coherent, i'm burnt.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:44:04 PM by InternetDaddy »
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »
Let's get this cleared up. The game will be available for consoles and PC. The gameplay shown at E3 is supposedly console gameplay but there have been reports of most gameplay videos shown this year being pre-recorded on higher setting PC's and the gamer on stage was simply miming the gameplay. This, I think, is most likely the case.

On the console vs PC debate, coming from someone who plays their xbox nearly every day, PC's are superior in nearly every way. Only an idiot would believe otherwise. (I'm not sure if that's what you were getting at Yobzobbler, but if so, you're an idiot.)

PC is becoming a rising force in the gaming industry because of services like Steam, because of more games allowing modding capabilities, because of the incredible rising popularity of indie games (ex. minecraft), because new consoles take so long to release and their hardware is quickly outdated, and because console developers love trying to cash in on the no-mod problem by selling over-priced DLC.
I agree with all of this, sir.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shitwad, he never said anything about it being a PC exclusive, just that it looked like it was running on a PC. Don't jump to incorrect conclusions and then shit on people for it, it ends up making you look like a petty cunt.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/hackers-paradise-ubisoft-on-watch-dogs/
RPS: And the demo was running on PC?

Dominic Guay: Yeah, we?re running on PC at E3.

Will Easley

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
As far as the whole console/PC debate goes, I like consoles due to their more accessible nature but mod-friendly games like the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. are wayyyyyyyyy much better on PC.

I'm assuming Watch Dogs will be on PC and POSSIBLY a Wii U console exclusive. The tablet controller is perfect for a game like this and I do remember Ubisoft stating how they're excited to utilize the potential of the Wii U.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:58:23 PM by Will Easley »

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
This next wave of consoles will probably be the last.  There will be a "ps4" and "xbox720", then Sony and Microsoft will just start developing software for some sort of Google "computer" that will play games over cloud.  No one will own physical copies of their games; just an account that gives you access to whatever game you pay to play.  I know you're probably thinking "well dats jerst lack STEEM!"  Kind of, yeah.  Steam wanted to create its own console and do just this, but they realized they don't have the third party support necessary to pull it off.  Anyway, that will be the end of the whole PC/Console jock mentality.  We'll all have chips in our heads playing Duck Hunt for Skynet.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:44:43 AM by Thrillho »

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
Holy shit this looks pretty amazing. that intersection gunfight reminded me of Akira for some reason

MFLUDER

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
This next wave of consoles will probably be the last.  There will be a "ps4" and "xbox720", then Sony and Microsoft will just start developing software for some sort of Google "computer" that will play games over cloud.  No one will own physical copies of their games; just an account that gives you access to whatever game you pay to play.  I know you're probably thinking "well dats jerst lack STEEM!"  Kind of, yeah.  Steam wanted to create its own console and do just this, but they realized they don't have the third party support necessary to pull it off.  Anyway, that will be the end of the whole PC/Console jock mentality.  We'll all have chips in our heads playing Duck Hunt for Skynet.