Author Topic: Tosh.O dissin Rob Dyrdek.  (Read 38246 times)

Dontkickshitfoot

Re: Tosh.O dissin Rob Dyrdek.
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »
I understand all the tosh hate, but I dunno if it wasnt for tosh.0 i would have never known about the Jesuit bukkake bomb.
NUCLEAR BOMB ON THE WAY, NEED SCIENTISTS AND MILITARY NOW!!
 yall needs to prepare for that shit!

backagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
This "beef" has to be a joke. I don't believe Rob is really that butt hurt.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
I love that daniel's defense on the theft of the fantasy factory idea was the defense rob essentially used about his show being a direct rip off of tosh.0. something along the lines of " i thought of the idea years ago, but was too consumed with other projects". yeah, okay rob, i guess al gore invented the internet too.

im probably lying

meathead genius

• Rep: 0
  • sick tats, bro
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
Go Bobby Digital! Show that fagit who is boss! Nobody makes fun of Robby D and gets away with it bro! I hate those fagits who think they are so funny. Nothing is funnier to me than giving those jabronys a nuckle sandwich!!!! YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
KICK HIS ASS ROB!!!!

This is me, bros

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 12:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
@rob-I am not a comedian or an actor so unfortunately for @danieltosh we are going to have to settle this the old fashion way.. #seeyousoon
@danieltosh-fair enough but if you have to beat me up, can we film it and put it on my show so people will actually watch it?
@rob-Cool...that would be a dream come true to be on the world's very first video clip show TOSH.O @danieltosh

Round one goes to Tosh. Good comeback
[close]

Ummmm, wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Junk_20

So in reality it could be said that Tosh stole the premise of the show. But, the reason his show is popular is because he's funny in an overly graphic/racist/sexist way.

damn youre dumb
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »
Damn, that was funny.

Someone had to call out the pederast Dyrdek.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »
When does Dyrdek have 12 yr old boys at his place? Are you guys confusing him with Berra?
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Pike St

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
I haven't watched the clip, but imo Tosh.o is not funny. What is tosh going to do? Rob's got his own security guard lol

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »
I haven't watched the clip, but imo Tosh.o is not funny. What is tosh going to do? Rob's got his own security guard lol

Ha ha, you actually think these guys are serious about fighting.

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
I'm guessing tepid 'publicity stunt'-ish thing, but either way, it was much more entertaining to read Sk8Dood and strike a pose's back-and-forth.

oldmanskater

• Rep: -13
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
I think Tosh is hilarious.  He doesn't hold back on anybody.  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

The part of the bit where they were at the pseudo fantasy factory obviously was a dig at Dyrdek, but the part with the kids all over was a dig at skateboarding in general (throughout the bit, in in our daily lives as skaters, we are told that skating is for kids).  Now the part with the kids with no shirts on, I see that as Tosh's personal touch.  He says/does stuff that makes people uncomfortable.

The worst part about Dyrdek is the non-skateboard world's impression of him.  Every time that show comes up with a non-skater the first thing out of their mouth is "He is so funny!".  I try to not be that smug, aloof skater and just go along with it.  But we skaters all know that in the skate world, he is far from funny.  In fact, not only is he not funny, he's not that interesting in general.  I mean  who would you rather hang with - Dyrdek or Carlin?

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
George Carlin or Jimmy Carlin? 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
I think Tosh is hilarious.  He doesn't hold back on anybody.  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
Well, Tosh laughs at women, people of color, and the disabled. I always think its funny when rich white men make fun of people with less privilege than them.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
yes, all humor should be politically correct
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

oldmanskater

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »

George over Jimmy, but my pet rock over Rob

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
I think Tosh is hilarious.  He doesn't hold back on anybody.  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
[close]
Well, Tosh laughs at women, people of color, and the disabled. I always think its funny when rich white men make fun of people with less privilege than them.

Beyond his humor (which also sucks) it's his demeanor and mannerisms that really piss me off.  I can't stand that guy's face and the shit-eating grin he's always wearing that shows how pleased with himself he is all the time.

Pike St

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha ha, you actually think these guys are serious about fighting.

No but thanks for asking

oldmanskater

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think Tosh is hilarious.  He doesn't hold back on anybody.  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
[close]
[close]

Beyond his humor (which also sucks) it's his demeanor and mannerisms that really piss me off.  I can't stand that guy's face and the shit-eating grin he's always wearing that shows how pleased with himself he is all the time.

But that's his bit...

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

George over Jimmy, but my pet rock over Rob

yes....definitely George.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Tosh's show is funnier in my opinion...im a fan of bobby light but tosh got him lovely with the stripped hoody and the hat....the fantasy factory jab with those kids on scooters was hilarious, the Tony Hawk cameo was hilarious too..people need to lighten up

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
God what a stupid strawman. First, he's being racist, not politically incorrect. He's not making observations you aren't supposed to make, he's telling shit jokes and hoping people will laugh over the shock that he is rehashing OLD stereotypes. That's not funny or original, its what hacks do. That's the thing, what he says isn't astute or creative, as good comedy is. It is him repeating the same racist bullshit from a position of power and privilege in society and hoping the shock appeal will make people laugh.
Its what hacks do who aren't actually good observers or have an original perspective. They repeat the same tired racist bullshit and then give a look to the audience like "I WASN"T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT....BUT I DID!!!!!"
Its fucking cheesy as shit.
If Chris Rock or George Carlin get a little un-pc while delivering a bigger, funnier joke, I'm fine with that. All Tosh is is a tired hack with a tired "offensive schtick."

The worse thing about it is that talentless hack has a catch all for all the criticism of his stupid  unoriginal bullshit... "Sorry the PC crowd doesn't like me! I'm edgy!"  Only he isn't edgy, having a formulaic show where you repeat formulaic racial stereotypes in uncreative ways isn't edgy, its trashy as hell.

I'm not even backing Rob. Seriously, let that shit slide and don't even acknowledge that hack. The dude has a formulaic TV show and that is it. The formulaic TV show Rob has is like one of 20 things he has going. His best response would be "Who? That second rate comedian with the unoriginal show? Who gives a fuck what that loser thinks besides his 7 viewers. I have pro model boards, shoes, and run an entire professional sports league, and have starred in 3 tv shows. Ridiculousness was my third show, how about you? Do you think you'll ever even get a second, or maybe even just one original show?"

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not even backing Rob. Seriously, let that shit slide and don't even acknowledge that hack. The dude has a formulaic TV show and that is it. The formulaic TV show Rob has is like one of 20 things he has going. His best response would be "Who? That second rate comedian with the unoriginal show? Who gives a fuck what that loser thinks besides his 7 viewers. I have pro model boards, shoes, and run an entire professional sports league, and have starred in 3 tv shows. Ridiculousness was my third show, how about you? Do you think you'll ever even get a second, or maybe even just one original show?"

Rob's shows make America's children stupider, which in turn leads them to actually believe and take seriously the things Tosh jokes about.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »
I don't see how you can really bash Tosh like that, Gipper. His stand up is quite amusing to me and apparently lots of other people seeing as how his show surpassed The Daily Show and The Colbert report for Comedy Centrals most viewers. I'm not going to argue it's necessarily original or funny but it's not always what you do but how you do it. For instance, say preferring Nestor Judkins over Nyjah Houston. I don't find Chris Rock funny AT ALL and would say the same thing about him as you do about Tosh. His main spiel is all about "white people this, white people that".

Also, he didn't start off being in a position of power and privilege in society. If you watch the documentary "I am Comic" it's easy to see making it in comedy is pretty fucking hard. They both worked for their shit in different ways to get where they are and I can respect them both. I'd definitely watch Tosh's show over Robs for laughs.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
God what a stupid strawman. First, he's being racist, not politically incorrect. He's not making observations you aren't supposed to make, he's telling shit jokes and hoping people will laugh over the shock that he is rehashing OLD stereotypes. That's not funny or original, its what hacks do. That's the thing, what he says isn't astute or creative, as good comedy is. It is him repeating the same racist bullshit from a position of power and privilege in society and hoping the shock appeal will make people laugh.
Its what hacks do who aren't actually good observers or have an original perspective. They repeat the same tired racist bullshit and then give a look to the audience like "I WASN"T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT....BUT I DID!!!!!"
If Chris Rock or George Carlin get a little un-pc while delivering a bigger, funnier joke, I'm fine with that. All Tosh is is a tired hack with a tired "offensive schtick."

The worse thing about it is that talentless hack has a catch all for all the criticism of his stupid  unoriginal bullshit... "Sorry the PC crowd doesn't like me! I'm edgy!"  Only he isn't edgy, having a formulaic show where you repeat formulaic racial stereotypes in uncreative ways isn't edgy, its trashy as hell.

your first comment simply criticized him for making fun of women, people of color and the disabled.  what you're saying here is more that you don't find the caliber of his comedy very high and that he's a hack.  that's a little different.   

i don't think anyone would argue against you that his show is "trashy" and that he's a hack.  i mean shit, it's a show where he makes fun of internet clips
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Clown_Shoes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
It's not about whether Tosh's humor is funny, it's the guy himself. He annoys the fuck out of me with the way he talks and acts.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
I am not a fan of Tosh.0 by any means, and I could not care less about twitter beef between him and Rob Dyrdek...

But that was pretty fucking funny.

"Childish dream factory for young boys only"?  come on!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

your first comment simply criticized him for making fun of women, people of color and the disabled.  what you're saying here is more that you don't find the caliber of his comedy very high and that he's a hack.  that's a little different.   

i don't think anyone would argue against you that his show is "trashy" and that he's a hack.  i mean shit, it's a show where he makes fun of internet clips
My original point was that is the type of shit he depends on for laughs, not that taboo subjects can't be touched upon in comedy, and his whole thing is really just repeating stereotypes without much else for a laugh. A typical Tosh joke would be something like a video of a black guy going into a store and him saying "Hey look, a black guy is going into a store, I bet he's buying kool aid and Watermelon!" and then a devilish look at the audience, then a woman walks in and he says "who let her out of the kitchen?"
The problem I have with it is not even really that it offends me, but that it's cheap, unoriginal, and not very funny. His whole shtick is shock, and after you've read an Andy Roy interview he just isn't shocking.
 Whoever mentioned Chris Rock as being on the same level as Tosh- No. Chris Rock is far more well respected of a humorist. Whether or not he has the top rated show on a cable channel doesn't really matter, fuck, Pauly Shore and Carrot Top were super popular at one point too. Also, his jokes aren't really about "white people this, white people that." He does racial stuff, but actually, most of it is about black people. He criticizes his own people far more than any other group. He goes at black people like Woody Allen goes at jews. Both bring up other groups mostly for the sake of comparison. Off the top of my head, I can actually only thing of jokes of his that are about black people, you got "black people vs. ni****s," black people use robotussin as the cure for everything, hip hop used to be defensible now it is indefensibly ignorant. Actually, I just remembered one, after Columbine he made a joke about being scared of young white men, which was an obvious play on the larger social fear of young black men. Chris Rock actually talks about specific aspects of cultures that he actually observes, he doesn't just repeat stereotypes, which is all Tosh does.

Oh, and I looked up Tosh's wikipedia entry. A white man who decides to move to LA to pursue his comedy career after college instead of getting a job clearly has privilege in American society. And yes, that does make a difference in terms of his commentary

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
My original point was that is the type of shit he depends on for laughs, not that taboo subjects can't be touched upon in comedy, and his whole thing is really just repeating stereotypes without much else for a laugh. A typical Tosh joke would be something like a video of a black guy going into a store and him saying "Hey look, a black guy is going into a store, I bet he's buying kool aid and Watermelon!" and then a devilish look at the audience, then a woman walks in and he says "who let her out of the kitchen?"
The problem I have with it is not even really that it offends me, but that it's cheap, unoriginal, and not very funny. His whole shtick is shock, and after you've read an Andy Roy interview he just isn't shocking.

While I think I agree with most of your take on humor, and that the basic jokes you've used as examples aren't funny for the same reasons you gave, I don't think you're giving Tosh enough credit. That, or you haven't seen very much of his show.

Here's the first thing that comes up on a youtube search.
Tosh.0: Tebowing

While, IMO, it's probably only average, or maybe even a little below average, in terms of how funny it is compared to most of what I've seen from the show, I did get some laughs, especially towards the end. I imagine people who are really into sports find the Tebow stuff more funny than I do (or maybe they're tired of it). The main thing is that I don't think it fits into what you've said most of his shtick is based on. I do agree that he mostly relies on shock, but I think it's a lot more than just simple common racist/sexist stereotypes, and I think the dude's pretty damn witty (or his writers are, anyway).

Even though I don't agree with your opinion, you clearly have some intelligent ideas on this, and I'm interested to see if you can apply what you've said about Tosh in general to this skit.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
whoa, chris rock only talks about white people?
Chris Rock - Marion Berry
this is hilarious