Author Topic: Koston's Or Janoski's  (Read 5985 times)

skater6780

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Koston's Or Janoski's
« on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:25 PM »
Which shoe do you think is better and why, Koston's or Janoksi's

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
Re: Koston's Or Janoski's
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
lol dude i just made a site that compares  nike shoes! we have like 60 people talking about janoskis and kostons now lololol

lemonparty.org

keep it real homie

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »
arto's

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »

nylin

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »
Busenitz

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
buy two pairs of old skool's for the price of one pair of kostons.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -303
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 02:16:11 AM »
Reynolds Cruisers.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
they are both good. janoski's are thin and a great summer shoe. the koston's are a little thicker and probably a better winter shoe.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 03:48:55 AM »
just wear one janoski and one koston...

El Barto

• Rep: -3
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
just wear one janoski and one koston...

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »
Janoski is thinner, has a pointier toe and less overall protection.

Koston is a little bit thicker, rounder toe, lighter and overall is more forgiving on your feet.

It's all personal preference, at the moment I'm skating janoskis with the koston lunarlon insoles. I put the insoles in every pair of shoes I skate no matter what they are.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »
Don't buy from nike

BIGFLIPSALLDAY

• Rep: -7
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
If you do alot of flip tricks its all about the janoskis.The toe is meant for flicking and is so hard to tear,the grip on the bottom lasts way longer than the kostons and ive never got a heel bruise in them cause of the air bag in the heel,plus somehow you get the best board feel without it fucking up your feet.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »
agreed that janoskis last insanely long and have suprisingly good foot protection for how thin they are. it's like skating a van's old school that protects your feet. unless you smack the top of your foot, your good.

victor333

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »
agreed that janoskis last insanely long and have suprisingly good foot protection for how thin they are. it's like skating a van's old school that protects your feet. unless you smack the top of your foot, your good.

Dude, when the edge of your board hits the top of your toes nice and good ... "fuck skateboarding," is all I can think.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »

the laces are pretty genius on the janoski's. i've had probably three pairs and never ripped through a set. i've never had kostons, but janoskis are great.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 05:02:49 AM »
the leather lace thing is clever if that's what you are talking about. i tore through mine but really it was more of a testament to how long the rest of the shoe lasted. not all of them have leather laces though right? or where you talking about something else about the laces?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
some of them have the wax dipped laces or whatever, and they last for a long time.. I've had both the kostons and the janoskis, and the koston has a bit more comfort and broke in a bit fast i still would rather skate the janoski. for a shoe that looks like that its pretty tough , the koston actually got destroyed pretty fast

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
the leather lace thing is clever if that's what you are talking about. i tore through mine but really it was more of a testament to how long the rest of the shoe lasted. not all of them have leather laces though right? or where you talking about something else about the laces?

i was talking about the laces. i guess i've only ever had the black/white ones which did come with the leather laces. this was awhile ago now though, i'm unsure if they've dumbed down the quality of the janoski since then.

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
       for a start, why don't you pick a brand that began with skateboarding.
The new Kalis, Centric S is LITERALLY the best shoe out. I can already tell it will last longer than the Koston and Janoski put together. It's a major throwback in quality to the 90's where the shoes were beast tanks and would last all summer and winter. The best DC shoe ever made.

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 09:03:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was talking about the laces. i guess i've only ever had the black/white ones which did come with the leather laces. this was awhile ago now though, i'm unsure if they've dumbed down the quality of the janoski since then.

i had a pair of black/white when they first came out and i just got a new pair, there identical. still have leather laces, gum sole, it's all the same.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
?  ?  ?  for a start, why don't you pick a brand that began with skateboarding.
The new Kalis, Centric S is LITERALLY the best shoe out. I can already tell it will last longer than the Koston and Janoski put together. It's a major throwback in quality to the 90's where the shoes were beast tanks and would last all summer and winter. The best DC shoe ever made.

maybe he wants a thin shoe

Ruffles

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
I had a pair of janoskis about a year ago and they were awesome. Decent padding for a vulc and the suede lasted awhile.

Skated another pair a couple months ago and they were so fucking terrible. No padding and I got huge holes in my ollie area after just one week. Threw them in the trash after about two weeks of skating.

I have a couple friends who've skated Janoskis recently and said their old pairs were much better, I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure Nike compromised the quality of the shoe at one point.

apad88

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »
Fuck Nike dude. I can't believe I was so blinded how great quality of the shoe that I  couldn't see how money hungry Nike was.

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Fuck Nike dude. I can't believe I was so blinded how great quality of the shoe that I  couldn't see how money hungry Nike was.

WHAT? nike likes....money?!!

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, when the edge of your board hits the top of your toes nice and good ... "fuck skateboarding," is all I can think.

i once tried to 5050 this ledge witha  4-5 foot drop that happened to be real sticky towards the end of it. after grinding to a halt i tried to hop off the ledge and my board (landing primo) pretty much guillotined my big toe right where the nail & skin meet. worse. shit. ever.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
I had a pair of janoskis about a year ago and they were awesome. Decent padding for a vulc and the suede lasted awhile.

Skated another pair a couple months ago and they were so fucking terrible. No padding and I got huge holes in my ollie area after just one week. Threw them in the trash after about two weeks of skating.

I have a couple friends who've skated Janoskis recently and said their old pairs were much better, I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure Nike compromised the quality of the shoe at one point.

does it depend on the colorway? it seems like they use different materials right down to the laces depending on the style of shoe. that'd be a shame if they had changed the construction across the board. they were seriously the best summer shoe i've ever skated.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »
i really dont think they've changed the construction of the janoski one bit. i deal with the shoes on a daily basis since they came out and they look and feel identical. some shoes feature different materials of course, but the shoe is still as durable as the first release if you are skating in some black/white suede ones.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »
P-Rods= best Nike skate shoes