Author Topic: Cupsole recommendations  (Read 9520 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Cupsole recommendations
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »
They're kinda thick so they aren't for everyone....the Silas shoe I think is pretty thin, the buesnitz I think is pretty idiot proof everyone loves them...

victor333

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »
They're kinda thick so they aren't for everyone....the Silas shoe I think is pretty thin, the buesnitz I think is pretty idiot proof everyone loves them...

everyone loves to look at them. When it comes to skating them, the opinions couldn't be more polarizing.

I vote Ronans

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 12:57:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

everyone loves to look at them. When it comes to skating them, the opinions couldn't be more polarizing.

I vote Ronans
me too, but they could have made a little more thicker tongue and outsole
i hope the silas or the lucas will be even better
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:03:12 AM by the snake »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
If you still want boardfeel in the forefoot but support everywhere else, get the KA Ones! They are probably the best shoe I've skated so far.

No comply

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
I tried on a bunch of different shoes and went with the PRod V cupsole. They feel pretty good.

ontheswarm

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
what is a good site for some dunk lows?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »
as someone else already mentioned the g-codes from emerica are great. both pairs i had held up really good and there was no mentionable break-in period. it also comes really close to a vulc boardfeel-wise. i hope the new g6s will skate that well. the g-code
is still a highly underrated shoe in my opinion.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I vote Ronans
[close]
me too, but they could have made a little more thicker tongue and outsole
i hope the silas or the lucas will be even better

Im down

The busenitz tend to get a bit slippy on the sole after a few sessions, ronans are the way forward

finecojeffe

• Rep: 130
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »
KA One's have been great for me for the past month. I really dig them, but the forefoot is pretty thin. It gives you board feel, but only protects as well as a vulc.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
If your feet are the right shape for em, i'd recommend the AVera 1.5's. 

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »
Ill have to go with the Busenitz and the Fallen RIVAL LT.

Dunks are of course a classic cupsole shoe
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 02:51:46 AM »
really liked the nike sb regime soles, dont think they still make those

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
^^
they do, they are now called the Nike "Skeet". Found at your local Mervyns, if you have one.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:16 AM »
from the looks of it they probably sell em somewhere here in Holland... but not in skateshops :(
Still have a pair of those grey ones...

Soles on those are good though

Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter

• Rep: -34
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
My favorite cupsoles had to have been the Herman 2's. Perfect support, great feel and grip...held up surprisingly well. I do miss the reynolds 2's/AR Slims as well. Really annoys me how every shoe nowadays is super thin. I keep hearing great things about the G-codes but they sure look thin as hell to me. I'll probably try a pair next buy.

I'm on my 3rd pair of Mike Mo's, they actually last reasonably long and are incredibly comfortable. I usually wear em for a week or so before I skate them and the flexibility is perfect, endless grip too. Harder to find now but I got lucky and grabbed a pair for 40 bucks recently at Zumiez of all places.

TheNAC

• Rep: -26
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »
My favorite cupsoles had to have been the Herman 2's. Perfect support, great feel and grip...held up surprisingly well. I do miss the reynolds 2's/AR Slims as well. Really annoys me how every shoe nowadays is super thin. I keep hearing great things about the G-codes but they sure look thin as hell to me. I'll probably try a pair next buy.

I'm on my 3rd pair of Mike Mo's, they actually last reasonably long and are incredibly comfortable. I usually wear em for a week or so before I skate them and the flexibility is perfect, endless grip too. Harder to find now but I got lucky and grabbed a pair for 40 bucks recently at Zumiez of all places.
They look it, but they're increadible (G Codes) If you've ever had the Edgars and still have the sole, put those in the G codes and it's like heaven. I haven't gotten a heel bruise since. But, why would you even be at a zumiez?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
The Es Accel TT's were an amazing cup-sole. A thinner version of the original. Owned several pairs til they became harder to find.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »

they're a perfect medium between thin and thick, just right. my soles wore out somewhat quick but theyre still grippy and holding up forever.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
In my opinion...try the busenitz and call it a day. The sole is a little slippery literally only for the first 1/2 hour to hour of skating (not even if you wear them around a little a few times before skating them) which is the case with most cup soles. And as long as your board is not super old with non-existent grip, they are still adequately grippy even when they wear down a bit.

Also, I find that vulcs are super, sometimes even too, grippy at first, but once they wear down they have not enough grip at all. And they wear out fast. So in other words they only have a pretty small window of high functionality.

Will Easley

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
skytop III's are outstanding and worth the $$$. once they are skated up a bit they feel so fuckin proper.

I'm backing the skytop 3's super hard. They're superb. Nicely padded midtop cupsole with a pointy one piece toe cap. What more could you want in a skate shoe?

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 01:53:06 AM »
Your best bet is a performance cupsole. They have the support and protection of a cupsole but the boardfeel of a vulcanized sole. The Busenitz is a pretty solid shoe, same as the 76. Both are extremely comfortable and skate great. Also, not to be "That guy", but some of the newer DCs are pretty good too. The Landeaus, Coles, and Phasers have all been great. They are all simple and have the performance cupsole, so they skate extremely well. Nice to see DC making decent shoes again...
+1 on the DC landeaus.  They're a similar upper to the Accel, though a somewhat slimmer profile without it being too much of a ballet shoe.  Skating a pair at the moment, loving them.

Adidas Silas, Dunks & Lakai Mike Mo have all been on my feet recently, I'd recommend them.

Anybody else use any additional insoles?  I've been using Superfeet for years, snug support & work like a dream.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Your best bet is a performance cupsole. They have the support and protection of a cupsole but the boardfeel of a vulcanized sole. The Busenitz is a pretty solid shoe, same as the 76. Both are extremely comfortable and skate great. Also, not to be "That guy", but some of the newer DCs are pretty good too. The Landeaus, Coles, and Phasers have all been great. They are all simple and have the performance cupsole, so they skate extremely well. Nice to see DC making decent shoes again...
[close]
+1 on the DC landeaus.  They're a similar upper to the Accel, though a somewhat slimmer profile without it being too much of a ballet shoe.  Skating a pair at the moment, loving them.

Adidas Silas, Dunks & Lakai Mike Mo have all been on my feet recently, I'd recommend them.

Anybody else use any additional insoles?  I've been using Superfeet for years, snug support & work like a dream.

This, Landau is an amazing shoe, only thing that can be improved, well at least in my opinion, is that they should use those elastic straps on tongue, to center it out, other then that, perfect shoe.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
I'm looking for good cup sole mid/hightops. currently skating the hsu 2 fusions. only the sole profile is wearing out fast.

had 2 pairs of blazer mids before. they were amazing
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
Vans Oldskools, Eras, Authentics, SlipOns, thats all you need.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
I'm looking for good cup sole mid/hightops. currently skating the hsu 2 fusions. only the sole profile is wearing out fast.

had 2 pairs of blazer mids before. they were amazing

If your looking for mid cup soles then its skytop III's all the way, also the new supra Stevie shoe looks like they'd be awesome and I've heard good things from a dude i know that has a pair but I've never skated them so if you were going to buy a pair I'd check them out in person to see if they were for you first.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
Vans Oldskools, Eras, Authentics, SlipOns, thats all you need.
missed the mark a little on that one. Im still backing lakais XLK

zoltan

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »
The Etnies Barci, which are basically Busenitz knockoffs.  They're cheaper than Busenitz's but are still really good.

Also, eS made some really good cupsole stuff.  Square 2s if you can find them are amazing.  The Rattray shoes were similar to the Barcis with the stitched cupsole.

Etnies Jameson 2s are a thin shoe with a really good sole, if you're into thinner shoes but want more support than vulc.

Do they still make the Herman 2?  That shoe was amazing.

what ever you do. do not buy the Barci's they are so thin there is no midsole. its just the gum rubber of the sole and a thin insole. you can/will get heel bruise on flat.

Tony

• Rep: 7
    • Sleep Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
really liked the nike sb regime soles, dont think they still make those

I still see Nike Skeets from time to time at stores like Kohl's and Modell's
2-3 years ago, when the only shoes shops would carry were Vulcs or $100 and up Dunks, I picked up a pair of Skeets at a local sporting goods store for $45.
It's actually a soild skate shoe, it felt good and lasted long. Liked it so much i skated 3 pairs in a row. The only draw back, it comes in some awful colorways.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:39:14 AM by Tony »

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »
I just got a pair of Adidas Cieros and they're amazing. I've only skated vulcs for about 3 years straight, and when I tried this on it was awesome. They skate great and I would definitely recommend them.
fuck