Author Topic: Thrasher Cover Aug. '12 - Trevor Colden  (Read 10444 times)

ctsskate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Thrasher Cover Aug. '12 - Trevor Colden
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
Gnarly- maybe I'm thinking of a different gap, but has anyone even regularly 3-flipped that, much less switch? Wow.

"The golden child, Trevor Colden, switch tr? through the vortex. Photo: Burnett "

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
Re: Thrasher Cover Aug. '12 - Trevor Colden
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
not to long ago in his thrasher or transworld part (cant remember), trapasso kickflipped this as a near ender.....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
dang, big ass drop
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
holy shit. give this kid a board/more promotion. give legends like reynolds checks on general principle (and based on the fact that he's still somehow skating flawlessly), but fucking boast about this kid.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
Holy shit!

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
Don't think this kid is anything special, but that's a pretty crazy trick to throw down a gap this big.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
My balls tingled a little, wow that is something  :o

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
cot damn!

trannies and mannies

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
gnarly

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
Some guy in one of those new berrics younited nations videos tre flipped and switch frontside flipped that gap but this shit is crazy.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
Some guy in one of those new berrics younited nations videos tre flipped and switch frontside flipped that gap but this shit is crazy.

true.  that was crazy.  this is fucking ridiculous.
where is home?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »
Not taking anything away from this photo or this trick, but I'm pretty siked to see Mike Carroll's name on the cover.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
first thing i thought of was how fucked up this is when i saw it, then i thought about how ive never even seen or heard of anyone regular tre flipping it yet

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:14 PM »
I can't even fathom that trick down such a large gap.  Dude is still pretty boring though.

zoltan

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »
Don't think this kid is anything special, but that's a pretty crazy trick to throw down a gap this big.

that is pretty ignorant to say. This kid is one of the most talented skateboarders on the planet. I remember when he learned this trick a little over a year ago, and in that same day he was doing them every try. If you have ever been to this gap you would truely understand how fucked this is. Trevor is very talented, and if you watched him skate in person you would understand why they referred to him as the "Golden Child". he isnt like other kids you see comin up these days, which is why legends like Reynolds and Kirchart are backing him. Dude deserves it

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that is pretty ignorant to say. This kid is one of the most talented skateboarders on the planet. I remember when he learned this trick a little over a year ago, and in that same day he was doing them every try. If you have ever been to this gap you would truely understand how fucked this is. Trevor is very talented, and if you watched him skate in person you would understand why they referred to him as the "Golden Child". he isnt like other kids you see comin up these days, which is why legends like Reynolds and Kirchart are backing him. Dude deserves it

i think these kids are on the "if it looks easy it's not fun to watch" bandwagon... luck lovers

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails like some of the most talented skaters on the planet? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.

if you can't see it yet you will. i bet this kid is just going to keep putting things out that make you say, "that was sick, but..." and eventually you'll get tired of trying to hate him.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
Except for Koston, Carroll and McGill, those are some pretty uninteresting names for an interview issue. Still meh for Sheckler, gnarly guy, but I'm not waiting to read what he has to say.

/Slap stereotype

thebarracks

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails like some of the most talented skaters on the planet? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.
[close]

if you can't see it yet you will. i bet this kid is just going to keep putting things out that make you say, "that was sick, but..." and eventually you'll get tired of trying to hate him.

this.. he has undeniable talent and he lands his tricks clean as hell so he's automatically "boring" which doesn't really make sense to me

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
Except for Koston, Carroll and McGill, those are some pretty uninteresting names for an interview issue. Still meh for Sheckler, gnarly guy, but I'm not waiting to read what he has to say.

/Slap stereotype
moose spoilers from the deathwish video? yes please.

zoltan

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.
[/quote]

like i said you have to see him skate in person. he doesnt just skate down rails and gaps like any other kid trying tricks for hours. he can learn things so easily and do them on command with ease. pretty sure he will have a part for emerica come out soon and probably blow your mind. the tricks he choses to do down these rails and gaps are not the easiest tricks either. this is probably the biggest sw tre ever done. he bs 180 nosegrinded rincon which also is a very hard trick on a very gnarly spot. thekid simply has skill

zoltan

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hi Trevor, so nice of you to join us.

ha...........ha

syke

I Dont Know3948

• Rep: -12
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »
jesus christ. j-lay, whats good? let's see a rebuttal

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »
some people take a while to grow on me. didn't care for provost or figgy until stay gold. but this kid is just not doing it for me. insane trick/cover just not really that appealing to me.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
some people take a while to grow on me. didn't care for provost or figgy until stay gold. but this kid is just not doing it for me. insane trick/cover just not really that appealing to me.

then be patient and reserve your judgment until you're sure.

cause this kid rips.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cause this kid rips.

God you suck.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

cause this kid rips.
[close]

God you suck.

meh. i don't care. kid rips.

victor333

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 11:41:45 PM »

intervews are like a box-uh chock-uh-lits...

yuh nevva know what your gonna get