Author Topic: Thrasher Cover Aug. '12 - Trevor Colden  (Read 10446 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Thrasher Cover Aug. '12 - Trevor Colden
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Don't think this kid is anything special, but that's a pretty crazy trick to throw down a gap this big.
[close]

that is pretty ignorant to say. This kid is one of the most talented skateboarders on the planet. I remember when he learned this trick a little over a year ago, and in that same day he was doing them every try. If you have ever been to this gap you would truely understand how fucked this is. Trevor is very talented, and if you watched him skate in person you would understand why they referred to him as the "Golden Child". he isnt like other kids you see comin up these days, which is why legends like Reynolds and Kirchart are backing him. Dude deserves it

I'm not saying this kid isn't something great, but literally everything in this post could be said about anyone to have ever made it in skateboarding. I don't know enough about Colden to have an opinion on him, but saying things like, "If you watch him skate in person" or, "If you've ever seen the spot", adds nothing to the conversation. Everyone that is good learns fast relative to everyone else. Everyone that is good is awe inspiring to see in person, and spots are very often more fucked up in reality than they look in photos or videos.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

nylin

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:10 AM »
Not taking anything away from this photo or this trick, but I'm pretty siked to see Mike Carroll's name on the cover.

Sames. My eyes instantly saw "CARROLL" before I saw the trick.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't think this kid is anything special, but that's a pretty crazy trick to throw down a gap this big.
[close]

that is pretty ignorant to say. This kid is one of the most talented skateboarders on the planet. I remember when he learned this trick a little over a year ago, and in that same day he was doing them every try. If you have ever been to this gap you would truely understand how fucked this is. Trevor is very talented, and if you watched him skate in person you would understand why they referred to him as the "Golden Child". he isnt like other kids you see comin up these days, which is why legends like Reynolds and Kirchart are backing him. Dude deserves it
[close]

I'm not saying this kid isn't something great, but literally everything in this post could be said about anyone to have ever made it in skateboarding. I don't know enough about Colden to have an opinion on him, but saying things like, "If you watch him skate in person" or, "If you've ever seen the spot", adds nothing to the conversation. Everyone that is good learns fast relative to everyone else. Everyone that is good is awe inspiring to see in person, and spots are very often more fucked up in reality than they look in photos or videos.

... so... you... wait, what?

apad88

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:44:43 AM »
Ill as fuck

zoltan

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

trust me man, i live in orange county and have skated with alot of pros. this kid is definately different than most kids on the come up

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »
That's not really that cool. Pure knee smasher gap. Its like what, 4 feet long? Most of the skill in it is to land on the board and not have it explode out from under you, there's no craft to it. I'll reserve judgment on the kid overall until I see a part, but this isn't really that cool.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »
Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.

like i said you have to see him skate in person. he doesnt just skate down rails and gaps like any other kid trying tricks for hours. he can learn things so easily and do them on command with ease. pretty sure he will have a part for emerica come out soon and probably blow your mind. the tricks he choses to do down these rails and gaps are not the easiest tricks either. this is probably the biggest sw tre ever done. he bs 180 nosegrinded rincon which also is a very hard trick on a very gnarly spot. thekid simply has skill

[/quote]

so is it true then that his balls taste salty?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 04:09:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Really? You really think he's one of the most talented skater on the planet? Because he can throw himself down gaps and rails? And I don't think the term "Golden Child" really means anything when it's seemingly applied to every young am out there nowadays.
[close]

like i said you have to see him skate in person. he doesnt just skate down rails and gaps like any other kid trying tricks for hours. he can learn things so easily and do them on command with ease. pretty sure he will have a part for emerica come out soon and probably blow your mind. the tricks he choses to do down these rails and gaps are not the easiest tricks either. this is probably the biggest sw tre ever done. he bs 180 nosegrinded rincon which also is a very hard trick on a very gnarly spot. thekid simply has skill

so is it true then that his balls taste salty?
[/quote]

you cant describe this on a messageboard, you have to taste this in real life. his balls get salty so fast, in the very moment he turns off the water in the shower, boom, salty. if you see him swim in a lake in real life, you will see that theres a white-ish path behind him, with dead fish and stuff, all died because of all the salt.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
This kid is amazing, that trick is insane, the photo however is pretty awful though, especially for a cover.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What do you not understand? I said I have no idea how to feel about Colden because the only thing I've ever seen of this kid is that photo. Then I explained why what Zoltan said is meaningless. I thought it was pretty straight forward.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What do you not understand? I said I have no idea how to feel about Colden because the only thing I've ever seen of this kid is that photo. Then I explained why what Zoltan said is meaningless. I thought it was pretty straight forward.

contradictions...

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

contradictions...

Really? It kind of seems like L33Tg33k is the only one in your little quote pyramid who said anything articulate and and reasoned out.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

contradictions...
[close]

Really? It kind of seems like L33Tg33k is the only one in your little quote pyramid who said anything articulate and and reasoned out.

wasn't paying attention, thought jojo's comment was L33Tg33ks, or the other way around, or anyway that they had the same author. never mind. i'm an idiot, carry on.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
saw him skate a demo a couple weeks back. insanely consistent at some pretty hard tricks, most of which were down the stairs/rail. but he also back smithed this long spine at the park that curves away from a regular footed back smith at the end and he still popped it back over into the other side of the spine. it was sick....but then i'm fairly easily impressed when watching people skate in person.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
welcome to emerica clip - boring. tampa line - boring. everything i've seen from him - boring.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »
what spots have had the most covers? this had at least the trapasso cover, maybe another one? how many did hubba hideout have? or wilshire?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

themoustache

• Rep: 26
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »
That's not really that cool. Pure knee smasher gap. Its like what, 4 feet long? Most of the skill in it is to land on the board and not have it explode out from under you, there's no craft to it. I'll reserve judgment on the kid overall until I see a part, but this isn't really that cool.
look, gipper, seriously, shut up.  how in the FUCK can you hate on that?  thats a switch tre flip down a fat, overweight gut-dragging fucker.  who gives a piss if "johnny rocket shit dick" did it the other day down, like 12.  seriously, i think dudes hate because gnarly shit is so commonplace in todays skate environment that "if its not original its not good enough".  trust me, im cynic #1, but this shit is fucking boss.

most of the skill is to land on the board?  this isnt a curb flinger buddy.  the skill is in doing the fuckin trick.  youre looking at this dude as a fuckin robot - left right, a b L2 square.  cool bud, follow that same finger roll and bust shit.  craft?  this isnt milwaukees best vs chimay and brie.  this is fucking skateboarding, and this cover is raw as fuck.  reserve your judgement - the deaf jury will await your decision.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »
In case you missed it, this part is pretty crazy:

I find him to be sort of like 'Steeze' in that he's obviously insanely good, and doing all kinds of gnarly shit, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi to his skating which I find has made his parts kind of uninteresting to watch. I think its mostly a function of how much has already been pioneered in skating with the tricks and the industry. Plugging this kid's unbroken little body and raw talent into the Black Box and Sole Tech machines is a good recipe for filming technical tricks on big stuff, but, to me at least, that formula ends up coming off feeling produced for consumption rather than created for the act of the creating. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

themoustache

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
In case you missed it, this part is pretty crazy:

I find him to be sort of like 'Steeze' in that he's obviously insanely good, and doing all kinds of gnarly shit, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi to his skating which I find has made his parts kind of uninteresting to watch. I think its mostly a function of how much has already been pioneered in skating with the tricks and the industry. Plugging this kid's unbroken little body and raw talent into the Black Box and Sole Tech machines is a good recipe for filming technical tricks on big stuff, but, to me at least, that formula ends up coming off feeling produced for consumption rather than created for the act of the creating. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.
youre right.  i mean, i want to take a stance that its impossible to hate on something so sick, but its funny to see a lot of killer shit mashed up in a 2 minutes and some change.  shit becomes disposable because its quite literally made to be disposable.  whatever, update the "monthly cover showdown" and my vote will be cast accordingly.  theres no argument skateboarding has created mass-produced consumables, but i give credit where its due and mister colden has a hot stepped switch tre of a cover.  whether or not it casts skateboarding in "the almighty right direction" is too longsighted of a stance to take over the course of 30 days.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »
I just like his back 360's.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this in film.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 07:20:53 AM »
A beanie and a plaid shirt with skinny jeans.

Fuck this kid.

Fuck the slap posters who dress like that too. You guys are pussies.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »

Fuck this kid.

I'm not homophobic, but this is a pretty gay post.

themoustache

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »

Fuck this kid.

yea dawggie, its all about lebron and big boss fiddy "two quarters" cent.  thats hustle.  thats street.

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
Not a huge fan of this kid, but seeing how ive seen him skate in person, and most of you havent, He is better than you think...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

This completely. All I remember from this kid is him hardflipping that triple set he switch heeled in that video. I didn't remember the switch heel or the Rincon bigspin front board until I just rewatched this part. That is 4 tricks I remember this kid doing. And it doesn't help that that entire part was exactly what I said it would be--rails, gaps, and stairs. What a far reach for Black Box, huh?

And people keep thinking people that don't like him are saying that Colden isn't good. We're not saying that at all. He can do a lot of tricks. But a "Golden Boy" that does not make, nor does it make him one of the best skaters on the planet.

BIGFLIPSALLDAY

• Rep: -7
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »
I just read his new interview and he doesn't even wear the insoles in his shoes while he's skating,so he must be consistent or he would have some fucked off feet.

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

Fuck this kid.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
what spots have had the most covers? this had at least the trapasso cover, maybe another one? how many did hubba hideout have? or wilshire?
i'd say probably hollywood high. wilshire has had a lot too though.
hollywood high covers (as far as i can remember) : reynolds - kickflip, f/s flip over rail, variel heel. malto - bs smith. matt ball - fs feeble. billy marks - kickflip lipslide 12. lizard - front nose. i know there's more but that's already 7. i feel like taylor bingham's bs overcrook & jon allie's noseblunt were also covers but i'm not for sure.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote

Fuck this kid.

[close]

hahahah

HOUSTON, TEXAS!