Author Topic: Simple Shit You Never Learned  (Read 40201 times)

LazyEinstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -138
Re: Simple Shit You Never Learned
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
All Bluntslides.
BS tails are the bane of my existance.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
Everyone can hardflip. I've taken every piece of advice and I'm still clueless. The closest I've gotten recently is 360 hardflip landing with one foot. I was getting close last year, but now, oh god it's horrible.

I was like that with Inward heels. Then randomly after 10 years BAM! Had them. Just keep trying
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »
back 5-0's. for some reason, they scare the shit out of me.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
Bs 50-50's I have no idea why

FS Flips, landed a few that felt really nice, but I can never seem to get them consistent and even trying to bail them looks shitty now.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »

FS Flips, landed a few that felt really nice, but I can never seem to get them consistent and even trying to bail them looks shitty now.
first: get the feel for them by learning to pop from the the front of the ledge/curb into a back 5050
next up: ollie and aim with the back truck first.
good luck

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
first: get the feel for them by learning to pop from the the front of the ledge/curb into a back 5050
next up: ollie and aim with the back truck first
good luck
very good advice here
i'll try it when i'll have a correct ledge

BraveUlysses

« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
i can do them but i fuck up a lot of frontside 180s. its embarrassing. I dont claim to be great but in a game of skate i'll do some tech wizardry flip flop fangdoodle flip trick but then fuck up a frontside 180. like i said embarrassing.
Thank God I'm not the only one! I'll 3 flip a 10 stair before I frontside 180 a 3 set.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
next up: ollie and aim with the back truck first.
good luck

Appreciate it, I'll have to give that a try when it stops raining.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
kickflips, have never been confident with them but can do tricks that involve kickflips very easily.

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #369 on: June 30, 2012, 06:16:53 AM »
Ollies.
WAIT... Let me elaborate.
I can do ollies, it's just.... See, I learned how to ollie riding super duper tight trucks back in the day. I had them down pretty good. I remember even ollieing over a cone one time that was just a little bit under waist high (which was the highest thing I have ever ollied even to this day).
But eventually, as I kept skating through the years, my trucks got looser and looser, and as they got looser I had to kinda relearn almost all of my tricks on looser trucks, just because it was so different from riding super tight. I pretty much have all of my tricks down now on looser trucks and im pretty much too used to doing all of my tricks on looser trucks now, but one trick that continues to suffer from my change in riding looser is ollies. I can still do them, but they're so low and dragged out feeling now, as opposed to before when I used to be able to float them. The highest I can ollie right now would be about knee high, and even then I have to work for them to get them that high. If its anything over knee high I start having trouble making it over the obstacle. I can do some pretty damn high kickflips and front shoves, but for some reason I cannot pop high ollies. When I step on my friends board who has super tight trucks I can still do some super high ones, but when im back on my board they suffer again.
]
aye yo im sure i rock my trucks about as loose as you and my ollies are higher then most of my tight truck rockin friends. try to get them fairly vertical and jump forward off your back foot and remember to lift that back leg as high as the front one. i also find that really thinking about and  observing every motion my body is doing helps to make my ollies much more dope!!!another thing i have noticed is that the amount of pressure on your feet before the Ollie can change the outcome. but really try to breakdown every movement and dynamic involved and im sure your ollie will take you to new heights in no time!  ::)lookin ass.....

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »
i find backside grind and slides easier.  FS noseblunts are the only thing i find easier, but i can't bs noseblunt at all

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Ollies.
WAIT... Let me elaborate.
I can do ollies, it's just.... See, I learned how to ollie riding super duper tight trucks back in the day. I had them down pretty good. I remember even ollieing over a cone one time that was just a little bit under waist high (which was the highest thing I have ever ollied even to this day).
But eventually, as I kept skating through the years, my trucks got looser and looser, and as they got looser I had to kinda relearn almost all of my tricks on looser trucks, just because it was so different from riding super tight. I pretty much have all of my tricks down now on looser trucks and im pretty much too used to doing all of my tricks on looser trucks now, but one trick that continues to suffer from my change in riding looser is ollies. I can still do them, but they're so low and dragged out feeling now, as opposed to before when I used to be able to float them. The highest I can ollie right now would be about knee high, and even then I have to work for them to get them that high. If its anything over knee high I start having trouble making it over the obstacle. I can do some pretty damn high kickflips and front shoves, but for some reason I cannot pop high ollies. When I step on my friends board who has super tight trucks I can still do some super high ones, but when im back on my board they suffer again.
[close]
]
aye yo im sure i rock my trucks about as loose as you and my ollies are higher then most of my tight truck rockin friends. try to get them fairly vertical and jump forward off your back foot and remember to lift that back leg as high as the front one. i also find that really thinking about and  observing every motion my body is doing helps to make my ollies much more dope!!!another thing i have noticed is that the amount of pressure on your feet before the Ollie can change the outcome. but really try to breakdown every movement and dynamic involved and im sure your ollie will take you to new heights in no time!  ::)lookin ass.....

I dont know if it helps but try doing them as fast and hard as possible. Dont stay with bended knees too long and when you pop, bone the board forward a little bit to level your ollie out. Good luck, hope this will help, a solid ollie is like chess, easy to learn, hard to master.

RobbieE

• Rep: 1
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
Nollie heels, and freaking feebles on handrails!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #373 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:34 AM »
Nose balance manouvers

Such as nose grinds and nose mannies, still trying to learn nose mannies tho but can still only go about 5 meters max

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #374 on: July 05, 2012, 05:16:08 AM »
Heelflips.

Ignacio Nuņez

• Rep: 0
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
Fs ollies. Got better switch and nollie

BraveUlysses

« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2012, 08:26:26 AM »
Some of these tricks yall are listing like nollie heels and back tails aren't that simple.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
Some of these tricks yall are listing like nollie heels and back tails aren't that simple.
fucking nollie heels and motherfucking backtails, you meant >:(

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
dont know how "simple" its considered but i cant impossible to save my life. never done one.