Author Topic: Mike Trout  (Read 2162 times)

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Mike Trout
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »

20 years old leading the American league in batting and steals and he didn't called up until the end of April. I can't remember a player this good this young ever except maybe A-Roid. Definitely never been an Angels prospect this good. Appreciate.

G        AB  R       H      2B  3B     HR   RBI   BB     SO   SB   CS       AVG  OBP  SLG  OPS
61   247   54   86   15   3   10   38   24   55   26   3   .348   .403   .555   .958

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Mike Trout
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:46 AM »
HAHAHAHA fuck the angels
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:22:55 AM »
If there is a thread on Trout, then Bautista should get one too.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
Further evidence of greatness:http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8134086/handing-baseball-midseason-awards
AL MVP OF THE HALF-YEAR
Mike Trout, Angels

Mike Trout
#27 Center Fielder
Los Angeles Angels
2012 STATS
GM
HR
RBI
R
OBP
AVG
The list of men who have won an MVP and Rookie of the Year award in the same season takes less time to recite than it takes Trout to roar from home plate to first base -- and that's saying something. There's Fred Lynn (1975). There's Ichiro Suzuki (2001). And that'll do it. But Fred and Ichiro might want to think about rearranging the furniture in their club room, because out in Anaheim/L.A./714-area-code-ville, there's a 20-year-old superduperstar who apparently is on a mission to join their exclusive group. In almost every way, this MVP race is a dead heat between Trout and Josh Hamilton. It's Hamilton who leads the league in slugging, OPS, runs created and offensive winning percentage, not to mention your old-fashioned departments like home run ratio and RBIs. But it's Trout who has been 2012's biggest franchise-changer. When he walked into the Angels' clubhouse April 28, they were 6-14, nine games behind Texas and tied for the second-worst record in baseball. Since that day, they own the BEST record in baseball (40-23), and if the postseason started tonight, they'd be a playoff team. Well, if you think that's a coincidence, you must be one of those people who also thinks it's a coincidence that dinner seems to keep following lunch every darned day. Since Trout escaped the minor leagues for good, he leads his league in runs scored, times on base, batting average and steals. He's in position to join Ty Cobb and Al Kaline as the only 20-year-old batting champs in history. And if he goes on to hit .330 with 20 homers, 40 steals and a .500 slugging percentage, that would make for a season matched by only one active player at any point in his career -- Hanley Ramirez in 2007. But what really separates Trout from Hamilton, said one AL GM, is that there are so many more ways these days for Trout to alter a game. With his glove. With his legs. With the offensive consistency of a guy who hasn't gone more than two games without reaching base since he hit Anaheim. The year Hamilton won his MVP trophy (2010), he missed the last month of the season. So wouldn't it be quite the coincidence if he got beat for this trophy by a guy who wasn't even in the big leagues for nearly the entire first month of this season?

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:18:42 AM »
i am a cardinals fan and i even tho i am not butthurt abt pujols leaving us anymore i still think its rad that he is getting outshined by trout,dude is a beast and will only get better.on a side note the angels are my favorite al team.trumbo is also a bad dude

emmetjenks

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »
Trout is the shit, I'm gonna fucking miss Torii Hunter, he was my favorite...

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:29 PM »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »
He is making all the sluggers on LA look bad, that can't be good for clubhouse morale

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
Those "sluggers" don't give a shit how they look. They got their money. Definitely sleeping good at night.