Author Topic: Trippy Music Videos  (Read 5567 times)

swagdragon123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
Re: Silversun Pickups
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They're alright. I know a bit of history about the band but it's nothing you couldn't find on Wikipedia these days. I'm going to say this anyway even though you said don't bother - I'm not a huge fan of the guys voice. It's kind of a combination of nasally and raspy to me which in my opinion works well for some songs but not others. As far as working for a skate part, it depends on the flow of the skater and vibe of the video. I'd also like to consider myself a bit of a music video buff so I'll post a few:
Youth Lagoon - July
How To Dress Well - Walking This Dumb (Plus D. Lynch)
Handsome Furs - Evangeline [Face Control 2009]
Glass Candy - 'Feeling Without Touching'
Chromatics - Hands In The Dark
[close]

i'm not really a fan of his voice either.  they're ok.  i've seen them before around town.  have been kind of surprised at how well they're doing, but good for them

i live within walking distance from the shopping center where their name comes from
[close]
For the same reasons people hate his voice, makes the fans love his voice I guess. Its just different or whatever. I like the smooth but but fucking loud distorted guitar, and the infectious rhythms that burst through all that noise:
Melatonin-Silversun Pickups
oh and the lyrics give my goose bumps
[close]

do most Silversun Pickups fans not know who Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr., Spacemen 3, Yo La Tengo, Jesus & Mary Chain, Flaming Lips,  Cocteau Twins, etc. are? not trying to insult your taste or anything, but i'd rather listen to the bands that inspired the Pickups.
[close]
I really like the bands I put in bold^^(don't know the others) and its funny you say that because the only inspiration I've heard about SSPU is the Smashing Pumpkins. And if you mean that they are in the same genre or whatever I don't consider that inspiration, plus the have changed their sound over the years. For example their very first EP "Pikul" is slow and soft but obviously know they are loud and sound like SP and their newest album "Neck of the Woods" took another turn. Im not a huge fan of the newest album.
[close]

dude, you have to listen to these 3 bands at least

My Bloody Valentine - Sometimes

Spacemen 3 - Hypnotized (Full Version)

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Just Like Honey (Video)

all three of these bands were around in the 80s. they pretty much created that whole shoegaze, spacey psychedelic, dream pop sound.
Expand Quote
hmmmm I respect the roots but I don't like living in the past. The SSPU have a more modern sound I guess. I hate arguing about tastes in music but it was really hard not to laugh during the last video. I think the Silversun Pickups deffinatly learned form their^^ sounds but in my opinion they made it a million times better.
[close]

i don't really like listening to too much older music right now either, but that last sentence is pretty ignorant. i'm sure you only listened to the songs and called it a day. if it's not for you, that's fine, but Loveless is considered one of the greatest albums of all time. take the time to actually give it a shot. Kevin Shields of MBV is a brilliant musician and their whole sound influenced so many bands.

you don't even have to download it to listen. just click on this.

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991) [Full Album] 720p

(seriously though, do yourself a favor and give the album a fair shot. it's a beautiful piece of music.)
[close]
I am very ignorant when it comes to music history. Ill give the album a listen, thank you for posting the whole thing
[close]

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
Re: Trippy Music Videos
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »
Factual statement: Silversun pickups suck assholes in comparison to all the bands smokecrack mentioned.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
Factual statement: Silversun pickups suck assholes in comparison to all the bands smokecrack mentioned.
thats nice, please don't come back to this thread.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Lurkatron

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 04:35:42 AM »
That HEALTH video so weird...
Animal Collective - My Girls (2009)

YouTube
^Might not be trippy but it's just wtf...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y_tQxUF49UM#!
Happy seizure

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:18:00 PM by sexualhelon »

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 12:14:05 AM »

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

BraveUlysses

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 05:47:44 AM »
This is: Pedal To The Metal - by Lazerhawk

http://dai.ly/x2qf739

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.